Am I wrong for being pissed?

BlinkMoth

So yesterday I did 4 man DT.  My party was a KFM, wl, fm, lbm.  In boss one the lbm never used his hm block and I kinda got annoyed at him but we manage to beat the boss.  When last boss came around, we got wiped prob about 5-6 times.  It turns out the lbm doesn't have his hm block. . . . . Am I wrong to get pissed? 

First, I would ask why you were not able to 70-0 the first boss with blue buff and soulburn. Then I may ask you why hm block is important for you on last boss? His aoe skills always come during his mechanic rotation so everyone should be able to iframe it. After all, with that setup it's the FM who should save you from all aoe skills. We can discuss about first boss but wiping on last boss because the BD does not have all HM skills? Please...

As others have said you could've handled it yourself. That said people put gear over alot of important things like experience and necessary HM skills so I'm not entirely surprised and would be bothered by that too, even if it wasn't necessary for him to use HM block he should've had it by the time he was doing 4man tomb. 

If you blame the LBM then you can also blame the FM. It's easier for FM to use sheath while LBMs might possibly lose DPS with using HM block as they are force out of draw stance when using it. Some players don't like the idea of that. Some players on the other hand don't want to waste money on skills that overlap with superior HM blocks (BM's block) as they share cooldown.

LBM needs to be very experience in 4m DT to use HM block, especially during the first boss's big aoe because it only lasts for 3 seconds. Unlike BM HM block, which can lasts for 6-8 seconds, LBM needs to use the HM block at the very last second before the boss's aoe starts hitting you. Sometimes, people used other iframe as well and then blame LMB for not using HM block until the very last second.

Also, there is a FM in your party. Why did you not blame your FM? Is the FM your friend or something? That aoe from last boss can easily avoid. All you do is SS, E or Q. Is it really that hard to do self-iframe?

Did you ask him to do HM block right at the beginning of the boss fight? If not, it is your fault for not asking. If you asked, you can easily just ask FM to do the shield for you guys.

Basically what everyone else said. LBM HM shield is not needed. but i'd like to add that you're doing this dungeon on cross server, so you should have been ready for just about anything

otherwise just get your own party and do the 4 man with your friends

6 minutes ago, MushinKFM said:

You are the Warlock I guess. No need to be pissed the last boss failed cause mechanics not because hm skills

Probably they didn't have full hp because they have been taken lighting damage from boss and then died immediately after the boss's aoe. The boss' aoe is not 1 hit KO skill if the player has full or nearly full HP.

10 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

Probably they didn't have full hp because they have been taken lighting damage from boss and then died immediately after the boss's aoe. The boss' aoe is not 1 hit KO skill if the player has full or nearly full HP.

Well, the lightning damage is the moment you should drink a potion. ;D

For the first boss, its the bd's job (team player) to provide the hm block.

However for the last boss, its not the bd fault for not using hm block, its the party job to iframe his roar.

The hm block would be nice, but not needed. I assume you guys ran this dungeon before, and should know and able to iframe

the roar. However if there was a new player to the dungeon then the hm block is needed (for protection reason).

2 hours ago, Zedonia said:

Well, the lightning damage is the moment you should drink a potion. ;D

Only if you are a melee class and take the marker role, then you need to drink potion. If you play 2 or 3, you can just leech back hp with your skill damage very easily.

3 hours ago, FrozenB said:

LBM needs to be very experience in 4m DT to use HM block, especially during the first boss's big aoe because it only lasts for 3 seconds. Unlike BM HM block, which can lasts for 6-8 seconds, LBM needs to use the HM block at the very last second before the boss's aoe starts hitting you. Sometimes, people used other iframe as well and then blame LMB for not using HM block until the very last second.

Also, there is a FM in your party. Why did you not blame your FM? Is the FM your friend or something? That aoe from last boss can easily avoid. All you do is SS, E or Q. Is it really that hard to do self-iframe?

Did you ask him to do HM block right at the beginning of the boss fight? If not, it is your fault for not asking. If you asked, you can easily just ask FM to do the shield for you guys.

nope, this was just a made in lobby.  Donno anyone here.  The roles were as followed.

WL and lbm was 3

kfm was 2

fm was mark.

As for AP:

WL had 702

KFM had 70?

FM had like 75?

lbm had 68?

6 minutes ago, BlinkMoth said:

nope, this was just a made in lobby.  Donno anyone here.  The roles were as followed.

WL and lbm was 3

kfm was 2

fm was mark.

As for AP:

WL had 702

KFM had 70?

FM had like 75?

lbm had 68?

It doesn't matter for their roles or AP. FM can still cast the shield for your party or each of you guys can just self-iframe. The only important role for lbm here is to grab the boss before the last mech in each phase. Did the lbm grab the boss at the right timing? If so, he did his job already. Party iframe is not necessary. 

Once again, the question is "Did you ask him for hm block in the first place or not?". If no, then it is your fault.

Usually in 6m or 4m party, at the beginning of first boss, people always say "HM block first" if there is BM or LBM in the party. Did you even say that before you guys start the first boss?

A good team comp overall but you should communicate more with your future teams before you rant in forums. I mean ask if ppl know their job or are good at it and then give them roles according to their experience.

FM can completely sheat for all parts of last boss and if BD can't grab then don't let him grab and have FM ice sheat instead (ok it's stupid if BD can't do that but well your party, your experience).

There are way to many options in why you didn't make it on last boss so you rly need to tell us everything for us to give u a proper reply

Well it is kinda wrong to be pissed on lbm cuz he didnt had hm block skill, i have bm that didnt had it for long time and i have felt that on my skin when ppl have raged at me cuz i didnt had the block, and well sadly to say to ppl like that my response was "why didnt u use your iframes" to relay on skill that can be there or not its not an option. So better to be safe from your own side and use the iframes when u have to than w8 on single skill to be used.  

Archived