So I was wondering ..

Kaelo

I don't dc every 5 - 10 minutes however if I do dt or any other longer dungeon I almost always disconnect on last boss. I'm at the point where I don't know if I should keep playing or just wait for the next patch. 

I got some random spikes too but it's not as annoying as those disconnects honestly, lol It happens way too often, before the patch I didn't get any disconnect whatsoever, all I had was only occasional lag spikes.

i just disconnected 2 times in a row at ebondrake hideout, didn't even take a minute for it to DC me

i noticed that it mainly happens in cross server and it started happening after last maintenance. i just couldn't play the game yesterday or today. it's literally unplayable

Contacting support doesn't really help too, lol I spent 5 days talking to them and they couldn't even fix it and just gave up. Honestly it's funny how they can't accept the fact that it's happening on their side.

41 minutes ago, Kaelo said:

Contacting support doesn't really help too, lol I spent 5 days talking to them and they couldn't even fix it and just gave up. Honestly it's funny how they can't accept the fact that it's happening on their side.

i'm not sure what's going on in their minds, honestly. 
i used to play Tera NA (which is much further away from where i live than Europe) and i didn't have this much ping (200-500 here. it started going up to 500-1000 after the patch) nor this frequent frozen screen and Disconnects
even the FPS was much much better

i may quit and go back to Tera with my friend even though i think BnS is the better game

12 minutes ago, sephy Kun said:

i'm not sure what's going on in their minds, honestly. 
i used to play Tera NA (which is much further away from where i live than Europe) and i didn't have this much ping (200-500 here. it started going up to 500-1000 after the patch) nor this frequent frozen screen and Disconnects
even the FPS was much much better

i may quit and go back to Tera with my friend even though i think BnS is the better game

Ping is about the connection between your internet to the server. The patch has nothing to do with it as it just added or replaced some game content files. It has something to do with the ping. Also, right now because of the anniversary event, everyone is rushing dungeons in F8 every day. Imagine it used to have like 1 person in F8. Now it has like 100 people or more in F8. Of course, the server speed is lower than before, plus if your own connection is not good, then, it will adds up the high ping.

Just like when my family members download or upload stuff in the same household, my Ping can go up from 150 ms to all the way 500 ms. (my ping is always around 150ms) Sometimes if they are watching youtube, my Ping can go up to 250 ms as well. I am just saying that to fix the ping issue, you all first need to point out that there are no external causes for your internet connection at your end. Also, if you are using dynamic IP address or mobile internet, it is normal that you will experience different Ping whenever they are changed.

12 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

Ping is about the connection between your internet to the server. The patch has nothing to do with it as it just added or replaced some game content files. It has something to do with the ping. Also, right now because of the anniversary event, everyone is rushing dungeons in F8 every day. Imagine it used to have like 1 person in F8. Now it has like 100 people or more in F8. Of course, the server speed is lower than before, plus if your own connection is not good, then, it will adds up the high ping.

Just like when my family members download or upload stuff in the same household, my Ping can go up from 150 ms to all the way 500 ms. (my ping is always around 150ms) Sometimes if they are watching youtube, my Ping can go up to 250 ms as well. I am just saying that to fix the ping issue, you all first need to point out that there are no external causes for your internet connection at your end. Also, if you are using dynamic IP address or mobile internet, it is normal that you will experience different Ping whenever they are changed.

what the patch did is make more people play the game and rush f8, that's why many people are having trouble right now. so you agree that it's the potato server's fault for not being able to handle that many players :/ 

17 minutes ago, sephy Kun said:

what the patch did is make more people play the game and rush f8, that's why many people are having trouble right now. so you agree that it's the potato server's fault for not being able to handle that many players :/ 

Well...first of all, do you have same PING when you do dungeons in F8 or in your own server? If so, nothing much can be done and it is mostly because of the connection between you and the server as I stated above.

If you have significantly lower PING when you do dungeons in your own server, then F8 is not a place for you and try to avoid it until the event is over. Everyone is different.

For me, I have same PING when I do dungeons in F8 or in my own server. So, it doesn't matter for me. I only tend to have game client crash when there are tons of players in GHS or stage 5/6 MSP.

For people who have high PING issue, I would suggest they check everyday to see if their IP address changes often. 

6 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

Well...first of all, do you have same PING when you do dungeons in F8 or in your own server? If so, nothing much can be done and it is mostly because of the connection between you and the server as I stated above.

If you have significantly lower PING when you do dungeons in your own server, then F8 is not a place for you and try to avoid it until the event is over. Everyone is different.

For me, I have same PING when I do dungeons in F8 or in my own server. So, it doesn't matter for me. I only tend to have game client crash when there are tons of players in GHS or stage 5/6 MSP.

For people who have high PING issue, I would suggest they check everyday to see if their IP address changes often. 

most of the time my ping in my server is better (150-200) while in cross server it goes to 300+
but it's not my Ping that i'm having most problems with, it's the fact that i get disconnected after about just 1 minute of playing in cross server everytime. i couldn't complete one dungeon today, which never happened before the patch, atleast not on this magnitude.

No disconnects today but can't play anyways. What i want to ask, if in game ping is really showing the real ping ... In open world, empty areas it shows 120-160 and in cross server dungeons it still shows 120-160 but there is an extremely noticeable difference.

I'm checking with resource monitor and the connection 10100 which is said to be the one we must look at, fluctuates between 50 and 260 non-stop.

2 hours ago, Sokucu said:

I'm checking with resource monitor and the connection 10100 which is said to be the one we must look at, fluctuates between 50 and 260 non-stop.

Your internet is using DSL or cable? DSL is more stable than cable.

Also, as I mentioned, if there are some people share your internet and they are using the internet heavily (downloading/uploading stuff or watching live stream or even opening browser to view the massive data like stock markets and stuff), then your ms will be fluctuated alot.

2 hours ago, Sokucu said:

No disconnects today but can't play anyways. What i want to ask, if in game ping is really showing the real ping ... In open world, empty areas it shows 120-160 and in cross server dungeons it still shows 120-160 but there is an extremely noticeable difference.

The difference between F8 and your server you mentioned is the lagging on your screen? Are you referring to FPS problem? FPS issue is different than Ping issue.

@FrozenB I have fiber ... or at least that's what trash isp calls their vdsl service. I know it lags crazy even if they don't download anything. Just my sister's surfing in facebook is enough to add at least 1 sec to my delay. But, now i.e. they all sleep and i still lag like hell. I have no problem playing lol, Tera even Na version, in Tera eu i.e i have stable 60 ping, lol nordic/east eu stable 70 ping, Tera Na stable 150 ping, Lineage 2 Na stable 160 ping.

I tried wtfast, mudfish, battleping all of them did nothing but a placebo effect which i realized after testing carefully. I tried so many tweaks, so many things to lower my constant high ping at least for about 10-20 but no luck. Trust me, I sometimes get too obsessed. I quit this game 6 months ago when i realized i wasn't even playing at all but trying everything to lower my ping all day, to a level that i could play competitive.

About f8,f9 it's not fps issue, i actually don't have any fps issues at all. Hovering between 75-80. It's actually way more than that if i don't use limitation but my graphic card and psu have coil whine that i can't stand.

Everything indicates a problem on ncwest's end, but who am i to say that ...

@Kaelo I'm confused. What's the difference between ping and server delay period ?

Archived