Forums

Holy lag batman!

DirectorTseng

Title says it all, holy shit with this stupid lag. Every since the event started the game is almost unplayable due to lag. I know people are going to jump in and say they don't have any lag well good for you! Almost everyone I have spoken to in the past few days have been experiencing horrific lag spikes and near constant disconnects. Tonight alone I have lost all my TOI tokens as I have gotten DC'd out of the dungeon every time I try and enter. Load times are surpassing 1 1/2 minutes just porting.. cross server is worse. Game is constantly freezing  and lagging out and the same time I lag out a clanny half way across the country is getting the same lag and actually gets driver errors. 

I don't know what is going on but it is also to the point I run the game it bogs my computer down.. this didn't happen before the patch. 

The endless grind of this event sucked as is, but now we have the inability to do the hours long grind due to lagging out and disconnects. 

It doesn't help that all the frenzy events take place during the weekend... so everyone and their mom are on and grinding stuff. The server lag is as bad as it always is as far as I've been aware. I actually expected it to be MSP release event bad but it didn't end up being that way, it did get those 2 emergency maintenances in 2 days though.

41 minutes ago, Meginb said:

It doesn't help that all the frenzy events take place during the weekend... so everyone and their mom are on and grinding stuff. The server lag is as bad as it always is as far as I've been aware. I actually expected it to be MSP release event bad but it didn't end up being that way, it did get those 2 emergency maintenances in 2 days though.

Yeah see it's been MSP bad on my end and a few others and that is even running things like WTFast. Even with those programs we've been sitting at 200+ normally and the spikes are hitting 400+ 

Last night, logged in and spin DD, then I alt tab out to read some stuffs, only to go back to BNS saying that I got disconnected.

OK, fine, I will try again. But after the first DC, launcher keeps giving me error. OK, I will wait for a bit.

Finally got back in, I can log in and go to character selection screen, but I get disconnected straight after getting into the game.

I gave up and went to sleep. And just now I log in again. It is better than yesterday as I can actually stay logged in this time, but my ping keeps going to low to high and back to low. Making it impossible to play. Andddd finally BNS decides to DC me.

My clanmates who were online said that their ping was terrible too, and their BSH party members keeps getting DCed, forcing them to keep recruiting.

But during Thursday and Friday I can log in and play like normal with a bit of ping spikes, but yes it was lagging badly at some dungeons. My fps can go to only 5. rip

34 minutes ago, newbiez said:

phew lucky im not the only one..i thought my internet connection prob or something...same situation like you guys...from ytd until now...i guess no msp event and rip 35 ap gem,sacred oil =/

I think a lot of people have already given up on getting the good rewards, too much grind and the servers are too unstable to even try an achieve that. 

I tried some fix I found on reddit and here, including totally turning off VPN on Windows 10 settings and disable everything in my msconfig but Microsoft programs.

I can get into the game faster (before I tried the fix, BNS takes way longer to even show the PIN input window and launcher starts up slow too) but still getting high ping in the game and of course.....getting disconnected almost instantly.

@newbiez I don't really care much about the event, I just want to spend more time with my clanmates and do my own stuffs leisurely in game. =.=

14 minutes ago, DirectorTseng said:

I think a lot of people have already given up on getting the good rewards, too much grind and the servers are too unstable to even try an achieve that. 

well im f2p and its a good chance to get that ap gem during that event since that gem cost like 250g+..i rather use my gold to upgrade equipment and 250g+ not easy to get for me xD

8 minutes ago, Kawane said:

I tried some fix I found on reddit and here, including totally turning off VPN on Windows 10 settings and disable everything in my msconfig but Microsoft programs.

I can get into the game faster (before I tried the fix, BNS takes way longer to even show the PIN input window and launcher starts up slow too) but still getting high ping in the game and of course.....getting disconnected almost instantly.

@newbiez I don't really care much about the event, I just want to spend more time with my clanmates and do my own stuffs leisurely in game. =.=

woot same situation like me...* BNS takes way longer to even show the PIN input window and launcher starts up slow too) but still getting high ping in the game and of course.....getting disconnected almost instantly. *

@newbiez Glad to know I'm not the only one, I just sent in a support ticket. Now all we can do is wait I guess =/

I never really have this issue despite playing from SEA. Just ping problem but I manage. But now it is just unplayable. Happy first anniversary BNS...sigh

23 hours ago, DirectorTseng said:

It's not just SEA i'm East coast US.. only a few states away from the main server. 

well looks like the problem come back again...after suddenly get crash from msp and i try relogin back...the same old situation come back...thus make me think how many times should i reinstall this game over and over again...or maybe just maybe some players use some illegal shit since im 100% sure its not my internet connection or my pc/lappy spec

1 hour ago, eric11zhao said:

the spikey lag makes me drop into the middle of the mobs several times during gliding in nayru labyrinth

I have crit 5 times in the past hour trying to run a lowbie with a friend.. if i'm not criting out it's constant full freeze lag spikes wtf did they do to break the servers this bad.

I have to agree - BnS has been a bit slow as of late, and unstable with freezes causing me and few others to lose our bonuses. That's why I am not to happy with the way NCSoft deployed this event as yet another hamster wheel grind fest which only adds load to the server and kills the fun. Especially during the weekends when MSP are at it's peek. I think the MSP definitely adds to the load and makes the mmo just not to fun to play anymore. 

Don't get me wrong BnS for life, but something needs to be done to improve performance and make this event less grindy.. /smh.

For me, my issue with constant high ping spikes and dcs was solved yesterday with the help of the support team. But that didn't last long.

I did played for a few hours at least, until I got dced in Dreamdrift and when I tried to log back in I got dced again when loading into the game.

I hope this Wednesday's maintenance will solve this issue sigh

I've been experiencing constant dc's ever since they did the hotfix which removed 64 bit client and contacting support doesn't help at all since they keep writing the same thing over and over without realising the issue is on their side.

Archived