Some much needed QoL things

SecretLyn

- DPS meter enabled in 6man dungeons. Requirements are already overblown and people are already shitty to eachother so there's no point in holding off on enabling it for 6man officially anymore.

- Recording people's average DPS and run count for any given dungeon they join a lobby for. AP is a horrible way to figure out how well someone plays and these 2 things are really what people want to recruit for, experience and skilled play. 

- Blacklist making it so you can't be paired up with people you have blacklisted/they can't join your f8 lobbies. It should have been a thing already.

- Cross-world messaging. Seeing as how progress has been made on server transferring and the nature of web based f2 and f5 screens, a web based messaging system for people on different servers should be doable. 

- Newbie bonuses for the first few runs of a dungeon. Would help new players be able to find runs for things and lead to more new people coming in and staying as a result. 

30 minutes ago, SecretLyn said:

-- Cross-world messaging. Seeing as how progress has been made on server transferring and the nature of web based f2 and f5 screens, a web based messaging system for people on different servers should be doable. 

- Newbie bonuses for the first few runs of a dungeon. Would help new players be able to find runs for things and lead to more new people coming in and staying as a result. 

For the cross-server messaging system a social network system is required which we dont have atm (I recall them saying its possible to make such a thing in the future). KR and CN have such a feature but things there are different.

The newbie bonuses in the other regions are in form of some extra loot for a few runs for dungeons like oblivion and jakan and further. Might get them, might not, it depends on NCWest either they want it or not.

There is a contradiction in your proposal: you want to add a dps meter (which is not much diferent from de ap) and give the new players special bonuses? ...It's going to keep happening the same as now: new players are going to be discriminated becose they dps is not good enough and they cant find partys which asks an insane amount of ap for dungeons that doesn't require more than 450 ap... The problem is within the comunity, which, i have to say, is being supported from this company becose obviously is part of the business, so... No, i don't think is a good idea to add a tool for the disgregation, its just going to kill the game even faster than the way it's now

3 hours ago, SecretLyn said:

- DPS meter enabled in 6man dungeons. Requirements are already overblown and people are already shitty to eachother so there's no point in holding off on enabling it for 6man officially anymore.

While I can agree with you on the rest of your suggestions, I'll have to stop here on this one.

Adding a 6man DPS meter is a bit risky since it's good and bad. I've seen people with it on and I can honestly say it's depressing see how the average F8 player is DPSing despite being well geared. Though enabling the meter officially can do wonders if you want to improve on your rotation and damage.

So it's pretty much a double-edged sword and maybe that's why NCwest hesitates on bringing it to 6man. But you're right, even without this being officially enabled people are already toxic towards one another so might as well bring it since the toxicity won't change.

16 minutes ago, Zuzu said:

While I can agree with you on the rest of your suggestions, I'll have to stop here on this one.

Adding a 6man DPS meter is a bit risky since it's good and bad. I've seen people with it on and I can honestly say it's depressing see how the average F8 player is DPSing despite being well geared. Though enabling the meter officially can do wonders if you want to improve on your rotation and damage.

So it's pretty much a double-edged sword and maybe that's why NCwest hesitates on bringing it to 6man. But you're right, even without this being officially enabled people are already toxic towards one another so might as well bring it since the toxicity won't change.

Dps meter should just not be a public thing. I dont see the use of everyone seeing how much dps im dealing, but i wana know how much i am dealing to know if i need to improve my rotation, or try to figure out what im doing wrong if im not dpsing enough. I think personal dps meter should always be up everywhere. And keep the one we have now how it is i guess.

3 hours ago, SecretLyn said:

-

- Blacklist making it so you can't be paired up with people you have blacklisted/they can't join your f8 lobbies. It should have been a thing already.

They already said in another thread that suggested the exactly same, that they are not going to do that.

Hello,

While the first suggestion about being able to see who you blocked (or see your list of blocked users) while in a Lobby is definitely something that might be done, the rest however (making sure you aren't queued with people you blocked) isn't really possible for several reasons.

First to be useful the list of blocked players from all potential party members should be taken in consideration. So in 3vs3 that would mean excluding up to 150 players. (Each member has their own 50 players block list). In dungeons this would be even worse. It would considerably increase matchmaking time.

But that's not all. Let's say you block me, all right I cannot be matched with you, but why should I also be prevented to be matched with the two other players who didn't block me? You see how flawed this logic is. Blocking/Unblocking can be done at will and instantly, so this could be used to grief others. Some players could find themselves virtually be unable to queue anywhere just because they were blocked by some others (rightfully or not, there's no way to verify that.) Players aren't judges and aren't the ones deciding on who should or shouldn't be allowed to queue. If you want to be the judge on who is joining your party, make it manually and as a leader you will choose who to invite or not.

So my best advice would be: don't exclude, include. Instead of wanting to exclude all potential bad players (which is an endless fight), focus on getting couple friends and trustworthy players you can enjoy the game with. Keep a white list instead of a black list. Remember good players you meet (especially on your server), keep in touch and run content with them. This is a healthier approach than trying to constantly remove players you do not like.

7 minutes ago, Coremancer said:

@Unicorns Want a personal dps meter for self improvement? go to mushins tower 1-7F

That's not for self improvement past a certain AP benchmark. May be good for 350~400AP people but once you hit 500 AP, Mushin 1~7 is just a joke.

4 minutes ago, Coremancer said:

@Zuzu Its still a personal dps meter that shows you the difference in skill rotation, fighting the augerite without touching the buff's also works

Have you been back to 1~7 after getting more than 500 AP? It's not enough time/HP to try different rotations compared to bosses like in Tomb or Foundry.

6 hours ago, Acri said:

There is a contradiction in your proposal: you want to add a dps meter (which is not much diferent from de ap) and give the new players special bonuses? ...It's going to keep happening the same as now: new players are going to be discriminated becose they dps is not good enough and they cant find partys which asks an insane amount of ap for dungeons that doesn't require more than 450 ap... The problem is within the comunity, which, i have to say, is being supported from this company becose obviously is part of the business, so... No, i don't think is a good idea to add a tool for the disgregation, its just going to kill the game even faster than the way it's now

There's no contradiction at all. I've met plenty of "new" players who still put out respectable DPS but would otherwise get booted from everything due to their ap. It would allow those who would otherwise not get recognized as decent more chances to access more content as well as allow people doing higher level content to better filter out who will and won't be a detriment to the group. 

The DPS meter to me already ruined the 4 player dungeons....

for example Asura...

The first 2 boss....normally a tank ends up tanking one the already "dead"  boss..to keep it away from the rest of the group  but because of that tank's dps goes to almost zero.  And when it's over people still tend to brag how great their dps is, and that tank that just tanked the "dead" boss looks stupid using that dps meter.

Later at Iruna, whoever throws the shield first get a major boost in the dps meter, which make it pointless too....

Finally Asura the one who didn't care to take the life bloom most likely get rewarded with the highest dps and thus can start to brag about it and claim everyone else is useless or whatever....

and that just Asura...may happen on other dungeons too

So I rather do 6 player since the is it still more focus on completing the dungeon and also may be also more relaxing since there is no silly dps competition going on, thus we are a team there no an annoying competition ...

at least 6 players is still  to me not ruined by that DPS meter

14 minutes ago, LaraKelly said:

The DPS meter to me already ruined the 4 player dungeons....

for example Asura...

The first 2 boss....normally a tank ends up tanking one the already "dead"  boss..to keep it away from the rest of the group  but because of that tank's dps goes to almost zero.  And when it's over people still tend to brag how great their dps is, and that tank that just tanked the "dead" boss looks stupid using that dps meter.

Later at Iruna, whoever throws the shield first get a major boost in the dps meter, which make it pointless too....

Finally Asura the one who didn't care to take the life bloom most likely get rewarded with the highest dps and thus can start to brag about it and claim everyone else is useless or whatever....

and that just Asura...may happen on other dungeons too

So I rather do 6 player since the is it still more focus on completing the dungeon and also may be also more relaxing since there is no silly dps competition going on, thus we are a team there no an annoying competition ...

at least 6 players is still  to me not ruined by that DPS meter

One run of being with 3 others bragging about dps doesn't mean everyone will be like that.

Anyways, a 6man DPS meter would be nice since it would give people an outlook on what their DPS is since in later dungeons it's going to require more and more consistent high DPS to clear a boss. If people are still doing 10k DPS with 650+ AP(yes I've seen this happen still with any class) then it's going to start raising problems for anyone that only does dungeon runs in F8.

A 6man DPS meter would allow people to wonder what their max DPS output should be at their current stats and would allow them to ask questions among others. As of right now most people probably think they do a great amount of DPS since the boss dies anyways but in the end they're most likely being carried by one or a few others that are actually putting out the needed DPS. But like I said before, it would also bring out more toxicity but as the OP said there's already toxicity in the community so what more could a 6man DPS meter do.

17 hours ago, Zuzu said:

Genrally evcen One run of being with 3 others bragging about dps doesn't mean everyone will be like that.

Anyways, a 6man DPS meter would be nice since it would give people an outlook on what their DPS is since in later dungeons it's going to require more and more consistent high DPS to clear a boss. If people are still doing 10k DPS with 650+ AP(yes I've seen this happen still with any class) then it's going to start raising problems for anyone that only does dungeon runs in F8.

A 6man DPS meter would allow people to wonder what their max DPS output should be at their current stats and would allow them to ask questions among others. As of right now most people probably think they do a great amount of DPS since the boss dies anyways but in the end they're most likely being carried by one or a few others that are actually putting out the needed DPS. But like I said before, it would also bring out more toxicity but as the OP said there's already toxicity in the community so what more could a 6man DPS meter do.

What I feel is that 4 player already has this.... if anyone want to do such thing then go 4 players.... leave the 6 player alone...  It's toxic so why  not make is even more toxic with dps meter?

you can already do all those seeing how great your dps only [without any measure of actually doing mechanics] is when doing dungeon as much in 4 player. 

and actually in 4 player dungeon normally what happens as I see is people would just want AP first even tho there is dps meter inside... if people don't meet the AP they get kicked anyway. 

So I think 4 player is already has that dps meter...so those who like dps meter should just go there. no need to add it 6 players too. you have a choice. 
plus there is also mushin tower where you can more see how is your dps according to the dps meter.

8 minutes ago, LaraKelly said:

What I feel is that 4 player already has this.... if anyone want to do such thing then go 4 players.... leave the 6 player alone...  It's toxic so why  not make is even more toxic with dps meter?

you can already do all those seeing how great your dps only [without any measure of actually doing mechanics] is when doing dungeon as much in 4 player. 

and actually in 4 player dungeon normally what happens as I see is people would just want AP first even tho there is dps meter inside... if people don't meet the AP they get kicked anyway. 

So I think 4 player is already has that dps meter...so those who like dps meter should just go there. no need to add it 6 players too. you have a choice. 
plus there is also mushin tower where you can more see how is your dps according to the dps meter.

Again as I said above, Mushin's Tower is only good to check DPS only up to a certain AP benchmark. As you get higher AP and gear, the fights become much shorter and does not help with seeing you overall DPS in an actual 5min+ boss fight.

Also later on 4man mode will be removed and everything will be 6man, just Normal and Hard mode, so in the end the DPS meter will most likely come to 6man mode anyways. But it's better for it to come before that change since again in later dungeons people are going to need much higher and consistent DPS.

17 hours ago, Zuzu said:

Again as I said above, Mushin's Tower is only good to check DPS only up to a certain AP benchmark. As you get higher AP and gear, the fights become much shorter and does not help with seeing you overall DPS in an actual 5min+ boss fight.

Also later on 4man mode will be removed and everything will be 6man, just Normal and Hard mode, so in the end the DPS meter will most likely come to 6man mode anyways. But it's better for it to come before that change since again in later dungeons people are going to need much higher and consistent DPS.

Should be 6 player hard mode only

17 hours ago, Zuzu said:

You're still missing the point.

Why hinder people in learning their own DPS before they touch 4man/6man hard mode?

Fine I am missing the point then....

to me I feel dps meter is just making it more toxic, it doesn't teach good dungeon runs, just only more competitions.  Not being a  team. 
for now it a choice you want dps meter go 4 player if not do 6 player. Even tho I dont like that dps meter at least there is a choice now. you can choice which one you like.  

for me if Mushin is not enough then there is supposed to be some other area coming, I forgot the name, or  the demand should be  for a better self checking place where you can create bosses etc and check [Which I think is what the new area that is supposed to come is about]

and that;s how I feel about it. my opinion on it.

QoL request how I feel.

Players should get a rating for completing dungeons properly. The rating system will be shown in F8 menü when entering. For runs outside of F8 there will be no rating so you can do learning runs with the clan. To make sure newer players get a chance to join a group with a good rating the group will get bonuses for trusting players without a rating on certain dungeons.

You will get bonus rating for doing mechanics properly and a rly small amount of rating boost for being top DPS.

So in fact since you get bonus rating if you do the mechanics even if your group is bad your rating will raise up.

This rating system might kill the elitism in blade and soul and make it a new. It's less dumbo friendly but helps new players which are good for pve.

Also we need crosserverwide chat and chat shouldn't reset when entering crossservers. I know many good players I had fun doing dungeons with but having them in friendslist makes no sense since there is no proper way of communication.

With the new patch in february a Tutorial room for most dungeons will come, the mcrating system should also be part of this ecosystem.

So let's say you played the tutorial room for Asura boss and did well your rating will increase for this certain dungeon. So if you rly have bad rating you can do the tutorial room to slowly boost your rating up.

Our last Endgamedungeon is not hard in 6m (only tank and summoner/sf might have a hard time) but there are so many bad players that can't deal proper dps making everyone have bad experience with lower geared ppl and excluding players that might have been top choice for the party.

Dps meter. Why do ppl want to see other ppls dps? It's good to see the dps of each specific skill to find out where to minmax. But other than that it's just for bragging and having an excuse to be a dick.

What I'dd like is having your own dps meter always enabled and have an option that the party leader can turn on public DPS which is only good for research purposes.

So this is going to get anecdotal, but here we go!

Been playing since before the DPS meters came out.

I spend most of my time time in F8.

I have run thousands of dungeons since the DPS meters came out.

And since they were released, I have seen precisely TWO toxic players using them for the things that everyone here is scared of.

Now that could just be because I'm always the one on top, and when anyone comments on it, I give credit where credit is due - the buffers in the party carried me there, I didn't - and can't - do that on my own..

But there it is.

Now of course my friends and I post shots of meters in Discord to laugh about - can you blame us?

How could someone else's private conversations effect your game play?

Plus DPS meters in 6m are already a thing anyway.

EDIT:

What the DPS meter has done is encourage other players to ask me how I play and how they might improve their own game-play.

From this platform I have educated many FMs about the joys of Dragonchar - and even taught quite a bit more to the few that really want to get better.

I feel like an always enabled personal meter with the party leader having the option of enabling or disabling it would be a good compromise. Those who need to know who's holding the group back in tougher 6man dungeons can do so and it allows everyone to see how good (or not good) they're doing personally. I also think that the rating system would be good too as long as maintaining a set amount of dps throughout the dungeon is a part of it. Let's be honest, mechanics in blade & soul as they are now are laughably easy and anyone can tunnel vision purely on mechanics and get a good rating if your gameplay isn't factored in. 

How about that Wardrobe... cuz you know, you're going to be releasing even more new junk to us and even getting rid of as many things as possible, my bank ends up full because of all the outfits that have no other place to go. And don't start with the, "You don't need to collect outfits" crap, look at the store and every event... outfits everywhere, in dungeons, from story quests and even crafting. Hell, you don't get soul shield stats unless you have an outfit equipped! This game is entirely about asthetics and unless you pay2win, there is beyond inadequate amounts of storage.

1 hour ago, Mirryn said:

Tunnel vision on mechanics is a BAD thing?!

What?!  I don't even know what to say in response to that... seriously?  UWOT

This is why we can't have nice things (in NA).

It can be a bad thing yes. There's still enrage timers and if someone isn't capable of doing mechanics while dpsing (aka tunnel visioning on them) then that can cause as many wipes as not knowing mechanics.

Archived