Windows 10 Framerate fix

ManMachine

So today i was on the game and i was somehow trying to help people with their "framerate issues" in the game... then i realized that the people who play "BNS" on "Windwos 10" still doesn't use the "native dx9 libraries"...

Long story short, on Windows 10 the default dx is 11~12 and when it sees a dx9 app it will emulate the dx9 using the CPU or so. In order to gain an overall "20-40" (on my machine) fps boost to the game and overall stability you actually need to install the "dx9 libraries" so the CPU won't emulate it / them anymore.
Now i don't know why these aren't packaged with the game and i don't know which library is the one thats actually needed but one can simply install "DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010) ".
A download link from the official Microsoft site: "https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109".
It fixes at least 70% of the framerate related issues when using Windows 10.
I realized this about a year ago or similar but i was shocked that people still don't know about this, so i decided to infrom the Devs through a support ticket but the support asked me to write to the forum instead.
Maybe you were unaware of DX9 and Windows 10 issues. You may inform people about this or bundle the required libraries with the game for Windows 10 installations.

Thanks for the info! I was just checking on the forums for exactly this issue; my (gaming) laptop is having some massive frame rate issues with BnS, even though I can run newer, more heavy games (such as Overwatch) at near max graphics with 60 FPS, but can barely run BnS, even with the "optimize for low-end PCs". 

So I have a question about your fix. How do you install it? I tried downloading the files from the link, and when I opened it, it asked to designate a destination for it to extract to. Once done, it extracted a bunch of other Zip files into that folder. I tried extracting all the zip files which led to some other files and even more zip files. There was an application in the mess, which installed Direct X, but didn't seem to have any effect on my frame rate.

Thanks!

12 hours ago, ManMachine said:

So today i was on the game and i was somehow trying to help people with their "framerate issues" in the game... then i realized that the people who play "BNS" on "Windwos 10" still doesn't use the "native dx9 libraries"...

Long story short, on Windows 10 the default dx is 11~12 and when it sees a dx9 app it will emulate the dx9 using the CPU or so. In order to gain an overall "20-40" (on my machine) fps boost to the game and overall stability you actually need to install the "dx9 libraries" so the CPU won't emulate it / them anymore.
Now i don't know why these aren't packaged with the game and i don't know which library is the one thats actually needed but one can simply install "DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010) ".
A download link from the official Microsoft site: "https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109".
I realized this about a year ago or similar but i was shocked that people still don't know about this, so i decided to infrom the Devs through a support ticket but the support asked me to write to the forum instead.
Maybe you were unaware of DX9 and Windows 10 issues. You may inform people about this or bundle the required libraries with the game for Windows 10 installations.

So do you have to uninstall the newer dx and install the old one?

12 hours ago, ManMachine said:

I have the worst fps when in ssp and specialy when fighting ugum/defence capain I cannot get kill cause my screen freezes and the fps are stuck at 3.There are a lot of players there like 30 to 40.Usually in ssp I get around 35-45 fps it's never steady, hopefully this will help me at least get the kill.I will report here tomorrow.

i cant even  i keep trying it were folder  is it keeps nope

nvm got it work now i reloging in an hope fps will be alot better in fps drag zone's lol

tryed it omg my fps went to shit i had better fps befor it

nvm it was same with out it only thing fps went up an down alot

My game was suffering from extreme freezes and crashes to the point it was unplayable. I tried many fixes that didn't work. 

I noticed that when it did work my FPS was extremely high until the crash/freeze.

Now my FPS is a bit lower but no more crashes.

Personally I'll sacrifice  slightly lower FPS to stop game freeze and crash every few minuets  ?

If your game is already running fine then I doubt you'll need it :)

??? I just installed again the game on a fresh windows 10 install and before beginning installing BnS, it said I needed DirectX installed and Microsoft Visual C++ ALSO nvidia PhysX.

And it installed all.

The game not starts without directx visual c and nvidia physx, i think that if it start they are on your pc. Anyway if u read the requirements of this directx end user runtime u will see win 10 not included. So probably nothing will change. I see the same performance in mushin tower after this installation. I will see later if improve MSP.

hmmm some people say this is making their fps lower, some that is better, I have on mushin normally 100-120, on ssp when is full like 25-30, I don't want to find after installing this to see 15-20 after that, so I guess it depends also on the videocard people is using, or cpu maybe, the thing is I don't think there is a way to uninstall it if is going worse, making a save point can be an option but that is just a lot of waste of time, so can the people that say it worked say their cpu and gpu so we can have a list???

On 1/21/2017 at 5:01 AM, ManMachine said:

Dumb question but after you install it, do you need to tell your system/BNS app to use the DX9 instead of the DX11?

I know for my Nvidia drivers, you literally need to assign the GPU to the game or else it doesn't use it.

i use  win 8.1pro   i start play game when they realease  eu version  that was   19th january 2016   then after 4 monts off  constantly play i stop play game in that period i have fps drop on world boss and  4 days ago i start  again to  play but now  i have lagg fps drpp whole time almost unplayable soo i use  win 8.1 pro  do i need to isntall this or not   and  is taht maybe  can fix my fps drop on  win 8.1 pro tnx for answer :)

18 hours ago, MOLANGBB said:

I know for my Nvidia drivers, you literally need to assign the GPU to the game or else it doesn't use it.

Thanks for saying this! As it turns out BnS *was* using my integrated graphics card rather than my Nvidia one. Had to make the global setting to always use the Nvidia card, and that fixed my massive frame rate issues. Cheers bud!

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
On 25/01/2017 at 6:19 AM, Illurian said:

Thanks for saying this! As it turns out BnS *was* using my integrated graphics card rather than my Nvidia one. Had to make the global setting to always use the Nvidia card, and that fixed my massive frame rate issues. Cheers bud!

Can you made a tutorial for this?

On 1/25/2017 at 9:19 AM, Illurian said:

you neeed to change this every time you install / update your nvidia drivers as all settings are reset.

I downloaded the the SDK version as it is the newest version of it. When I went to install it, the installer said I already had the necessary components. So, it is no good for me. Apparently, I have everything installed already.

The question is, are you recommending the old version or going with the new version?

Update: I went ahead with the old version (June 2010 SDK) and it worked. With 64bit Win10 I'm between 90 to 120FPS. Thanks!

Question is, why doesn't the game have this as part of the installation process or does it but it's corrupted?

games do not need to include it as DirectX itself is already part of standard windows installations and automatic updates.

The fact that installing the older version helps for some does not make it a general fix. also you need to keep in mind it may cause issues if you play games for directX 10+

also remember to TURN OFF "Use Reflex Context Guide" setting under 'Game', 'Camera' settings to prevent the bug that FREEZES your screen during Midnight Plains when turtle does his special attack (it's the setting that shows the counter skill to use when boss does his special attack) ..

usually does massive freeze/lag during MSP boss fights with some video drivers unless that setting is turned off

Archived