Redesign Summoners please, game suposed to be rated M !

ombremq

I tryed to avoid this topic by simply not touching this class since launch but since im bored and wanted to try this class im triggered everyday i login now. This class design has nothing to do with martial art and nothing to do with a game rated M for mature. The summoners animation are weird not cute at all as most of ppls trying to prove, the familiar ? a cat ? seriously ? can we have a wolf at least even my lil sister playing on her little poney application got better animations. So i demand NCsoft to redesign this class to make it more suited for the "player database average age" because a class only available for a small loly and a cat ??? we all are suposed to be 17+ years old you know, unless this is some kind of theme/trip suited for a game rated M i do not know ? but wich one? depending of your answer i may call the police !

if you still dont understand or have no idea how a game suposed to be mature look like, here some example !

THIS is what we can expect as animations                                                                                             This is....what is this anyway ? seriously ?

3858971i0ot7.gif                                                               4049051i0o83.gif  

THIS is a summoner summoning a great thing                                                                                                             This is a rat crying ?

5227131i0m38.gif                                                               2835431i0oaz.gif

THIS is a familiar !                                                                                                              This is a wanabee "cute" cat with a stupid face !

8431831i0pi7.gif                                                               5098781i0nzk.gif

mini_822733ESRB640x340.jpg    where the childish content marked in this thumbnail ?

Although i do agree that a kid crying to bring a cat back to life is the last think i think of when i hear the word summoner in an mmo, they are simply not going to redesign a whole class. Why did they do it like this in the first place? I dont know. I always felt like the cats cartoonish look didnt match the rest of the characters (specially if you give them costume, like seriously a cat with a wig??). I just ignore them now and i dont play the class, i dont like their gameplay at all, and its def not what we are used to see in mmo when it comes to "summoners", which i do enjoy playing inother games.
Also, just because its rated M it does not mean EVERYTHING has to be "mature", and more than just a few ppl seem to like summoners looks and combat animations, and the game is been out for years, they are not gona redesign this class.

Welp.

You already got a redesigned summoner. It's the Warlock. They basically took the "cool" out of the summoner and created a new class with it. See this video from 2009 for reference:

This was done to be able to add a cute familiar and easy gameplay instead... attracting more female gamers.

*holds onto current summoner design with grim determination* but I love my tiny rabbit fluff-ball with her fat kitty, there is a perverse satisfaction I get with her being that ridiculously kawaii while also being that bloodthirsty violent. It's what makes the class entertaining for me, at least. When I started to play I knew I didn't want to go down the girl power flouncy breastage route instead I wanted to surround myself with so much cute you could drown in it.

No sir, no, get your paws off my cute lil summoner. No one is forcing you to play with this class. Leave summoners alone. I'm fed up hearing all kind of "whinings" about summoners since the game released. I love my precious main summoner and i'll love her forever. Not only her look, also her playstyle. All summoner players love this class. Saying this class is for female players is sexist. I see lot of male players love summoner and lot of female players love other classes. Please, just please, leave us alone. We're happy. Thank you.

You leave my fat fluffy puss puss alone! Cat looks fine though there needs to be more options for cat groomer. Please visit Cat Fancier's Association for ideas.

However, if you truly want to make summoner more "mature," return bleed stacks to the cat claws and allow the cat to blind people again. Those mature moves were taken out. Also, they have yet to use a cat's deadliest weapon - their fangs. I'd like to see a move where a cat mounts someone from behind and bites their neck for massive damage and bleeding. Now that's maturity my cat can sink their teeth into!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2017 at 6:05 PM, Dotimus said:

i dont even know why are they named summoners, they are gardeners.... just look at the skills....

The summoner class is centered around being close to nature. Thats why the npc Iksanun (the summoner of the 4 guardians) helps jyansei by negotiating with all the diff animal gods or leaders. 

As for the cat crying, I see that as the bond between the summoner and cat bcus it doesnt summon the cat like how a wl summons a thrall. Its his lil magic buddy and when he dies you mourn the cat to ressurect it. 

Its kind of like praying in concept. I dunno, it made sense to me right away because of what I read about the class since 2011 or so. 

Archived