Sign in to follow this  
Shukran

LFG incentives

Recommended Posts

Shukran   

since every lowbie is struggling to complete dungeons, why don't u create some sort of incentives to join LFG?

like...

dunno 

- more exp

- more reward

- some kind of value for some kind of merchant to help with  soulshield, materials, weapons for upgrades and stuff.

 

i dont know. i dont care for me, but u see... complains and complains... maybe it helps for some high end player to test his patience with unexperienced players....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aion had some mentor system. Do some daily quests with a char lvl x and the mentor had to be a certain level as well, both got some currency for gear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Meginb   

Increased droprate of rare items or just more loot overall with newbies in the party plus bonus stats so they aren't being carried so much would be good... maybe add rare outfits from old content like Nightshade Harbor to the achievement vendor and alllow people to earn vouchers to exchange for those by doing dungeons with lowbies. They could also add discount items (similar to Chromatic,Tormented,Accursed weapons) that cheapen the material amounts further for upgrading accessories and weapons... give bonus money, event currencies or even have some of the soul shield sets on a vendor so people could get a full starter set of shields to make joining purple dungeons a bit easier....

 

It really isn't hard to come up with incentives... the game needs to be more forgiving overall in rewards because even after the changes they've done, it feels extremely restricted to be a f2p player whether they're new or have been around since the beginning. AND premium perks need better benefits so they don't feel cheated when free players get stuff.

Edited by Meginb
Reasons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hwalien said:

LFG will post something like HM1 with 750+ AP

Which actually helps the HM1. People tend to look at your HM level first, then check your F2. If you go into a dungeon with HM1 -> this one has not yet event completed the story quest -> leave without even checking AP. 

 

I think the LFG can make use of the current event buff. By using LFG, you get risk of having a party which you cannot control how their stat is. As a compensation, you receive a strength buff.

 

A full party that made entirely of LFG will receive the same event buff. The more pre-made it is, the less benefit the buff become. The buff strength also applies based on the number of party members that you recruit in an ongoing dungeon.

 

Or, we can give an extra dynamic boss chest for a full LFG run.

Edited by Alysha Hawkeye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

looks like a good idea.

 

I have been a long time supporter for this mentor thing. as  this game seems provide no rewards at all for being nice and helpful.   Bring that system and perhaps we can expect much better LFP experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lorelei   

Re-introducing some variety to the Daily Challenge would also serve this purpose, I think. I don't really want higher-geared players to feel like they HAVE to carry me just because they get rewards for doing so... I'd rather see something like tiers for the Daily Challenge based on the difficulty of the dungeons involved. Let players only turn in one challenge a day still, so that high-geared players aren't forced to run entry-level content and make absurdly high AP LFGs, and make the rewards from the "lower" dungeons not quite as good as the higher-level ones, but still have upgrade mats and items relevant to the level of gear the player is at.

 

I.e., a lower-tier Daily Challenge might consist of something like Bloodshade Harbor, Zaiwei Ruins, Lair and Chuanka Frost Cavern. Easy for 400 APs to do, but in return items like Taikhan Skin, Forging Orb, 1 mil Hongmoon EXP charm etc. aren't available for purchase. Instead it might have items like Frozen Stingers, Yeti/Python Soul Shield pieces or Silverfrost Mountains Dew for purchase. Maybe Soulstones or Moonstones, but I'm okay with that being left out due to the possibility of it adversely affecting the market.

 

Honestly, I'm okay with partying with people around my own gear level. It doesn't bother me, I don't need to be carried. And maybe some of us lowbies DO need to be more proactive about making own our groups, specifying that we want chill runs without ragers, and just generally being more outspoken and verbal in trying to find one another to get our stuff done with. But I'd still like to see the Daily Challenge at least made more accessible - even if it takes me a month's worth of challenges to complete a single weapon upgrade, at least I can actually get it done knowing that something like Shattered Masts or Gloomdross Incursion won't be a big ol' middle finger right in my way like they are now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Shukran said:

since every lowbie is struggling to complete dungeons, why don't u create some sort of incentives to join LFG?

like...

dunno 

- more exp

- more reward

- some kind of value for some kind of merchant to help with  soulshield, materials, weapons for upgrades and stuff.

 

i dont know. i dont care for me, but u see... complains and complains... maybe it helps for some high end player to test his patience with unexperienced players....

Many of the mmo's I've played introduced a mentor program. This link up would last for about 30 days or until your leveled high enough whichever came first. Rewards and titles were granted the mentor for taking newbies under their wing and running particular dungeons with them.

 

I think NCSoft should do something like this to allow new people to acclimate to all the wonderful features of the mmo, all the while making lasting friends with elites out there who contrary to popular belief are not all twitching idiots who live by the knuckle dragging "unga bunga you low HM, you suck, and die now" code of conduct.

 

Don't lose hope, help is out there. I would be happy to help you through dungeons and gear if you are ever on my server (Iksanun) :3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shukran   
6 hours ago, Rochelle2016 said:

Many of the mmo's I've played introduced a mentor program. This link up would last for about 30 days or until your leveled high enough whichever came first. Rewards and titles were granted the mentor for taking newbies under their wing and running particular dungeons with them.

 

I think NCSoft should do something like this to allow new people to acclimate to all the wonderful features of the mmo, all the while making lasting friends with elites out there who contrary to popular belief are not all twitching idiots who live by the knuckle dragging "unga bunga you low HM, you suck, and die now" code of conduct.

 

Don't lose hope, help is out there. I would be happy to help you through dungeons and gear if you are ever on my server (Iksanun) :3

i think u wrote a generalized post, because as i stated i dont need help. im 78# ap right now...

 

i dont really like mentor honestly. because it means dedication. and i dont really care about dedicate myself to a stranger who may have his times, his needs, his pauses. i have my time (not that much) to spend playing i want to do what i please. so a general incentive to the ones who "lfg" (like i do in most of dungeons) maybe would be sufficient..maybe.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2017 at 4:09 AM, Shukran said:

i think u wrote a generalized post, because as i stated i dont need help. im 78# ap right now...

 

i dont really like mentor honestly. because it means dedication. and i dont really care about dedicate myself to a stranger who may have his times, his needs, his pauses. i have my time (not that much) to spend playing i want to do what i please. so a general incentive to the ones who "lfg" (like i do in most of dungeons) maybe would be sufficient..maybe.

 

 

It was a suggestion and hence, can be treated as a generalized statement if it does not apply to you. Although at some point during your tenure with BnS you too were once new and with an AP of 1 and were undeniably and technically carried on occassion. I have seen the benefits of the mentor program including (to name a few) fewer untrained participants in higher dungeons, and a generalized appreciate of the mmo due to the cohesive communities. Presently BnS presents itself as a competitive unwelcoming mmo that benefit the time sinks and deep pockets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this