Forums

Falling on deaf ears

Maximus5

Okay, I've seen the posts, we all have!

But, i feel that our pleas about the removal of Gameguard, since it only serves to slow down the game, are falling on deaf ears because there are some that think that GG is a 'Good program'!

I sent in a ticket to Support and all they did was tell me to post it in the Forums, which has been done NUMEROUS TIMES by different people! After the maint. yesterday, it wasn't active and the game ran SMOOTHLY, now it's been returned after the 'emergency maint.' yesterday and the game runs as smoothly as molasses in the middle of winter! So i emplore the powers that be to reconsider the use of Gameguard and remove it from BnS all-together!

I am sure i am NOT the only one who feels this way!

8 minutes ago, Maximus5 said:

funny, I'd have thought people would comment one way or the other on this one...

I agree that GG is a BS. When I first installed B&S, it took me near 1 hour to launch the game because of game guard: my antiviral software thinks it's a virus and was blocking/removing it. So I needed to find out how to exclude GG from checking. But if devs think that GG is better than no GG, we can't do anything.

Like you said is going to fall on deaf ears. Long time ago during a livestream they stated they cannot just remove Gameguard since is part of many systems that they use for monitoring, etc, etc. While i agree they need to change it and remove it is not a decision ncsoft NA can make. After 4 years of playing this game every single region complains about the same things and here we are... we still have the same problems. They are not going to fix it, they either don't know how to do it (gameguard, optimization, use of all cores, lag, server delay, etc) or they dont care about it since they already cashed in $$$$$.

When the latest patch first launched, it came with 64-bit files, which might messed up some display (like showing Dragon weapon in Nexus). However, 64-bit client also came with the removal of Gameguard.

After the hotfix, they remove the 64-bit files, and it seems Gameguard also get introduced again.

With that said, maybe you will finally be free from this useless program with the official launch of 64-bit client.

On 1/19/2017 at 0:28 PM, Maximus5 said:

Okay, I've seen the posts, we all have!

But, i feel that our pleas about the removal of Gameguard, since it only serves to slow down the game, are falling on deaf ears because there are some that think that GG is a 'Good program'!

I sent in a ticket to Support and all they did was tell me to post it in the Forums, which has been done NUMEROUS TIMES by different people! After the maint. yesterday, it wasn't active and the game ran SMOOTHLY, now it's been returned after the 'emergency maint.' yesterday and the game runs as smoothly as molasses in the middle of winter! So i emplore the powers that be to reconsider the use of Gameguard and remove it from BnS all-together!

I am sure i am NOT the only one who feels this way!

You are not the only one. Game guard is utterly useless given the number of bots I see on a day to day basis. Meanwhile I am having to delete, move, recreate files, and restart my computer every time I want to play BnS. This is the only mmo that I play that uses some ridiculous protection mess that crashes and then closes your client mid raid without warning.

I totally agree that it should be removed for something better integrated and less of a headache. More importantly - that actually works against the whale bots in the mmo  

Archived