So when did the word "EVENT" started become "GRIND" ?

Levantin

The event is only grinding if you want the 48 ap gem. And if you are still low geared you dont even need the 40 ap gem. The 35 ap gem is very easy to obtain. Should not take more than 1-1,5 hours a day to reach. Do some more on free days or so and you dont have to play every day at all. I did some easy 6 man dungeons with my <450 ap alt and it was very fast. There is no problem to get anything good from that. And tbh: If you dont have a higher geared character you dont need orbs or oil. If you are high geared you probably got the time to play some more otherwise you would be geared (or you are a whale but then you can p2w anyway).

The "event" itself is too grindy yes but they give us a free option to get a high tier gem. It's simply 13 ap more than we could have before. Even the 40 ap gem is ok because normally people run dungeons anyway. What should they do to have an better event? Giving things for free? Or giving useless shit all people would complain about, too? No one has to participate here and no one has to grind. Everyone can buy cs resets with hm coins what is much shorter than doing some dungeons. There are enough possibilities to get something.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, XO said:

Okay....no. People are complaining because they want everything handed to them on a silver platter. It happens with EVERY event, people are so mad that they have to "earn" the event coins when really the event coins is not taking any time away from your usual dailies because if it was than people would be complaining that you need to set aside more time for events outside of earning your daily gold. So, keeping that in mind, you mentioned something different for events? Like what? Anything done in the open world will either be ruled by the 700 ap+ players voiding a mass majority from being able to participate (this is already an issue with the 1 open world daily) because they can't do damage OR crowded farming on plants or whatever the event would require. If it's a pvp only event, well, people bitched about whirlwind valley event so that's out. So what other option is there? Crafting? Well I guess they could add event items to all mobs and than they can bake it or make a charm of it or something? I think that's the only other thing they could do in this game lol. 

I agree with what you mentioned here with the fact that older dungeons got ignored again even when it comes to the event buff in dungeon which sucks as it probably wouldve encouraged people to go level an alt for the 3 weeks. Or even if they put daily reward coins into the BSH/NSH open dungeons those could've got populated again as well.

And I have seen folks complain because they wanted something different in this event having nothing to do with work even more considering it is the anniversary. Same as with every event that has been a bit "bleh" and folks complained about it. Yet so many still use the "its free" line in so many cases to which surprise surprise you jumped right onto. I have no issue with free so this isn't directly aimed at you but at a whole of folks using "free" as a reason that everything is ok. Also they don't have to exclude the coins? could've been more to it. But yes I mentioned different. Let's take a look at the open world one. 1st swing and a miss! You are incorrect because there are ways. BnS could've taken a page out of Tera's book. Add a mob OR if you want to do the simple route, retexture or recolor one. Make it as obvious or subtle as possible. Have it have a chance to drop something or in BnS fashion a loot box. Would this be helpful to everyone one? not at all since BnS is essentially a one and done place but options. As for bosses, remove the dmg cap. 1 hit gets you a chance at something while more dmg gives either a higher rng chance box OR more of the boxes. OR! add a defense buff that won't go down until x amount of people hit it. The buff can be huge to offset quick death OR just small enough to get some more folks in. Too many powerful people killing everything? hit them with a personal debuff making their dmg either not a factor or maybe a small enough so other folks get a chance. Next up, pvp. 2nd swing! andddd close? iirc whirlwind was a none balanced cluster❤ ❤ ❤ ❤. Using that as an example is kinda "eh" because of it. At any rate I myself am not fully versed in the pvp side. I have been blessed to not have to do much of it so I will not step foot into it. As for crafting....LoL! At any rate you wanted examples, there you go. Are they a hassle? possibly. Are they more then possible to be done? yep. Could I think of more with greater detail? don't see why not. Will I? if I had reason to :v~

HOWEVER! this is also my bad. I keep forgetting how much of a dungeon runner BnS really is. Never really occurs to me since i'm like Nike and just do it. 

12 hours ago, Gratus said:

There's an art event going on right now, there was a PvP tourney a month ago, there was an event dungeon last patch. So yeah, I fail to see why one would complain about events that they try to rotate and offer multiple of. Not everything will fit your tastes, but it will be great for someone else. If you feel like something is missing, you can request it and they'll do it, as long as it's not out of their reach. 

Alright great, you think everything is fine. Swell, hope you have a blast. Not everyone is the same though. Also that's some grade a confidence you have there for NC. I personally don't share it, BUT I did have an idea I posted on. Rough draft and quickly thought out. Wasn't to change the event but something a bit diff. Don't matter now so eh.

8 hours ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

You don't want the outfit and Diamond. What about upgrade materials like Forging Orbs and Sacred Oil? You don't want your gear upgraded?

Also, for Diamond/outfit, you only need to do daily challenges to get them. If you want more, then spend some effort to grind.

Next, people are now more lax about AP requirement thanks to the +100AP event buff. Just run simple dungeons in 6-man mode. 

I never said the words "I". I have no problem doing the event. I also don't fully care tbh because BnS isn't my main concern when it comes to gaming. However I am a knight. Can't help it.

Also you would actually be surprised how many folks weren't aware of the buff.

Everyone whos defending this event is a high lvl player with high lvl gear, and this event is made for those whos plaing this game for a long time or swiped alot (cuz this game is p2w, cuz you can buys anithing in this game one way or another with real money ), and already has everithing he needs to complete this fast and just get even better then everyone, yas you get free stuff but that free stuff just makes you inventory smaller and pushes you to spend real money or grind gold just to find where to put them, NCsoft is doing events like this all the time to hide behind the name "Event" and to push you into that NCsoft shop even more, and if your defending them your to blind to see whats hapening or your working for them and hiding behind a players tag. 

4 hours ago, CookieSmiles said:

Everyone whos defending this event is a high lvl player with high lvl gear, and this event is made for those whos plaing this game for a long time or swiped alot (cuz this game is p2w, cuz you can buys anithing in this game one way or another with real money ), and already has everithing he needs to complete this fast and just get even better then everyone, yas you get free stuff but that free stuff just makes you inventory smaller and pushes you to spend real money or grind gold just to find where to put them, NCsoft is doing events like this all the time to hide behind the name "Event" and to push you into that NCsoft shop even more, and if your defending them your to blind to see whats hapening or your working for them and hiding behind a players tag. 

event is called 1 year anniversary festival... which in most cases celebration is based on those who supported for pass 1 year...

i'm not saying event should be for those been playing since first day but you can't really blame NC for focusing the event for those who played for sometime.

even so, if you look at the rewards, 40 + AP gems are the only things you can't really get if your low lvl or simply don't have the time to play. you do need some oil if you want to catch up with  whales but I'm sure you can get more in other events.

11 hours ago, Zuzu said:

Confused by this comment.

Where did he say or anyone said that it takes 20+ hours? The people defending(including me) has already said it doesn't take much time, 2 hours at most to get enough tokens to take advantage of this event.

He said it runs over 3 hours at times. So a player who's not as geared, doesn't have a dedicated group to run with, etc, is looking at 3+ hours a day, daily until the event ends. That's over 20 hours a week, which equates to a part-times job. That's why I said it.

It's been two days and i've already given up on the event. 100+ coins for anything decent and the dungeons the average level 50 can run only gives 1 each, the high number of tokens naturally locked behind dungeons only the highest levels and highest AP can run. Those under level 50 are completely and utterly screwed as they have to rely on the daily dash for coins as the one single quest they can do only gives 1 and a pouch that almost never drops coins. 

You do also have to spend hours running these dungeons for a total of 21 coins IF you can run every single dungeon. Those that say they can do all of this in 2 hours are high as hell.. it takes about 20 minutes just to run Awakened necro and that is with a fast group that knows everything and is geared. (cause you can't speed up the middle phase) Running them as a pug especially the bigger dungeons like EC or DT you are talking hours. 

This is a very poorly done event, and is going to leave an even more sour taste in players mouths for future events. I ran the TW 2nd year a month or so back and I can tell you the reward system there was a million times better. You got a box just for logging in that you could open daily for 10 days (if you were level 50). You were guaranteed certain items while others were RNG. There was also a bonus item you would get on each level up of the item.. one of which was a 35 AP diamond at stage 6 and a free outfit at stage 10.

They also had another free outfit you got for opening up puzzle pieces on their website and then posting to FB once you completed it. And then there was also the event dungeon and coins you got with things from the dragon express.. The outfit was half the price and you got double the amount of items from the event. 

30 minutes ago, DirectorTseng said:

It's been two days and i've already given up on the event. 100+ coins for anything decent and the dungeons the average level 50 can run only gives 1 each, the high number of tokens naturally locked behind dungeons only the highest levels and highest AP can run. Those under level 50 are completely and utterly screwed as they have to rely on the daily dash for coins as the one single quest they can do only gives 1 and a pouch that almost never drops coins. 

You do also have to spend hours running these dungeons for a total of 21 coins IF you can run every single dungeon. Those that say they can do all of this in 2 hours are high as hell.. it takes about 20 minutes just to run Awakened necro and that is with a fast group that knows everything and is geared. (cause you can't speed up the middle phase) Running them as a pug especially the bigger dungeons like EC or DT you are talking hours. 

This is a very poorly done event, and is going to leave an even more sour taste in players mouths for future events. I ran the TW 2nd year a month or so back and I can tell you the reward system there was a million times better. You got a box just for logging in that you could open daily for 10 days (if you were level 50). You were guaranteed certain items while others were RNG. There was also a bonus item you would get on each level up of the item.. one of which was a 35 AP diamond at stage 6 and a free outfit at stage 10

The only way to come close to getting anything worthwhile is to no life all applicable dungeons daily till events end AND swipe the Sword of a Thousand Upgrades, (aka: Visa or Mastercard.)

Said it before, and its worth repeating, "events" for NA/EU are clearly designed to entice the "rich westerners" to hand over their money. Their compassion and empathy for us begins and ends on our ability to swipe. I dont expect this to change.

So yeah, I gave up on this event on day two. I do not fit the whale lifestyle after all. So I wont bother.

I wish the outfit were account bound. I have a low level character that I want to get the outfit for, but due to the level I'm stuck only being able to do the daily quest for the event. This is really rough for newer players because they won't be able to really benefit from the event. I just have to get SUPER lucky and get coin bundles every time from the event bag =/

This is the only thing I feel isn't fair. If you want newer players / people with alts to fully participate in the event, make it possible for them to obtain enough of the event items.

31 minutes ago, OMEGAWEAPON said:

Since when did BnS not considered grind? Most MMOs are and not only BnS that u have to grind. And of course in order for you to achieve something that has been offered, then you have to work hard to earn it. Same goes on this event.

Apples and oranges that which you are attempting to compare. WoW's grind, is not in any way equal to that of your average Korean MMO. This is a well known fact.

Hence, why Korean MMO's never come close to achieving the level of success more traditional western MMO's have here. Asian MMO's are notoriously S-EXcessively grindy.

We work hard in real life. We leave "working hard" in video games to the East. If thats what they consider to be "fun", so be it.

Not here brah. Not here.

25 minutes ago, OMEGAWEAPON said:

Since when did BnS not considered grind? Most MMOs are and not only BnS that u have to grind. And of course in order for you to achieve something that has been offered, then you have to work hard to earn it. Same goes on this event.

No one is talking about game as it self. And no one is saying anything against game it self being grindy. It's about event being grindy. And you, mister brainwashed white kinght have completely fallen under games company feet by saying it is okay for events to be grindy. NO NO NO NO! Event = fun, being force to do every single dungeon every single day to get something - is not fun. Events should make players log in daily and do something special, something to bring some variety for grinding same dungeons every day. But now this so called "event" is all about making you run every. single. dungeon. on  a daily basis. of course unless you swipe card, buy every single package on F10 then you will get god chunk of coins. Of course there is ctrl+c, but admit it, for most players to buy all packages would cost really really high amount of gold. Well yes, we have 3 weeks of time for that, the money could be saved up but.... It would mean no upgrades for a while, which means sine we have this "event" I have to grind every single dungeon every single day, save up every earned gold to exchange in at ctrl+c for HM coins so I could packages from F10 (which are just for event coins, the cost of HM coins for materials you buy at f10 is 1:1 by F5 prices, so no discounts at event) so I could get event coins and cut grind some days earlier, maybe....

Well thats an event I will surely remember, event which brought nothing new and made me grind like full time job (and cmon, dont say this bs of 3 hours to do all dailies, awaken necropolis takes long time and you cant hurry it up, glooms takes a while, just to run trough asura also takes some time, nexus (RNG dungeon, have fun if you get the longest way on every single door) and shattered masts also has some running  + all those other dungeons + god forbid if you are farming ToI for badges).

1 hour ago, OMEGAWEAPON said:

If you go back through Ncsofts history of Anniversary events you will see there was always ways for all players to get the item with out huge excessive amounts of grind. The point of those events was to say thank you to the players. This is the first time out of the 12 years of Ncsoft games I have played I have seen an anniversary event locked to high levels and this damn grindy. 

I personally dont like this event, i said it before i will say it again, you are not thinking about new players only old and geared ones.What if a lvl 20 wants to participate get an outfit not the gem(lets say), he will only get 1 coin from the hillarious boring and dont make me curse daily, no other coins since u didnt put any in lower lvl dungeons.This is how a game dies when u dont include new people why would they want to stay and participate.That being said just same all boring dailies to get coins/diamond pff its not fun, when im thinking of an event, im thinking silly stuff i would rather for valentines day(since i read there will be an event) instead of diamonds to be silly costumes, hair or accesories from random mobs maybe even fireworks thats what an event is, FUN not grind for gear.

1 hour ago, MasterYoda said:

I personally dont like this event, i said it before i will say it again, you are not thinking about new players only old and geared ones.What if a lvl 20 wants to participate get an outfit not the gem(lets say), he will only get 1 coin from the hillarious boring and dont make me curse daily, no other coins since u didnt put any in lower lvl dungeons.This is how a game dies when u dont include new people why would they want to stay and participate.That being said just same all boring dailies to get coins/diamond pff its not fun, when im thinking of an event, im thinking silly stuff i would rather for valentines day(since i read there will be an event) instead of diamonds to be silly costumes, hair or accesories from random mobs maybe even fireworks thats what an event is, FUN not grind for gear.

I second this. While I do appreciate the rewards, it's a total grind fest. I like that the daily brings us back to the lower level areas....however it's really not a fun quest. As I mentioned before, I won't be able to get the outfit on my low level character because the daily quest only gives 1 coin per day with a small chance of getting a little more. This isn't right. 

Random mob-killing events are fun. Scavenger hunts are fun. Mini games and such are fun. Grinding for hours and hours doing the same dailies we normally do is just disgustingly redundant.

I'm desperately trying to obtain rewards on multiple characters because I love playing different classes, but it's just stressing me out instead of it being fun.

Rather ironic that an event meant to celebrate Blade and Soul NA/EU and welcome back players that left long ago does everything it can to remind said players of the excessive grind requirements, (and other reasons), that drove them away in the first place.

At least it can be said this event captures the essence BnS West accurately.

1 hour ago, Displeased said:

Nah, the event isn't inherently more "grindy" than what the game already is; the reward is simply too enticing. Without 35, 40, or 48 attack gems on the line, nobody would feel as compelled to sink 160+ hours into this event. 

I'd like the gem, but I'd be happy with just the costume. Probably still won't happen because my highest char only has a True Pirate or some such that I gave up on ages ago because of the ridiculous grind for everything in this game. As others have posted, the Asian regions have gotten events that actually celebrate the game's milestones; we get more grind.

12 minutes ago, SilentOne said:

by my experience with free mmo's so far, event has always meant grind (for the free players) or quick boost (for p2w players). So, since the beggining of mmorpgs?

huh which horrible games have u been playing? i was playing another game and that one had no gear advancement for events just costumes/rides/accessories and silly stuff, and if you ask who will participate in those, my answer was everyone cause they were fun events that u enjoyed doing and the rewards like flying mounts and stuff were super fan and unique to the event. 

At this point, I'm just going to say you can't please everyone.

Some people will enjoy this event and find it fun, some people might not like it(some people in the thread). They aren't going to bend-over backwards for the few people complaining but at least if you don't like the event, put in some feedback in a more formal request and suggest what they could do. Like I said in my other post, I wouldn't mind seeing an event that's not dungeon based but the Devs don't have much to work off of aside from dungeons being the main attraction.

But anyways, I'd rather have a mod close this thread since it's pretty much brick walls vs brick walls on their opinions. Not saying it's bad to discuss and give opinions but the fashion some people did it in is not very helpful if they want some type of change.

what do you do when you play bns? isn't it the exact same thing everyday... they just add some to the rewards... if you are saying it's grindy because you want all the stuff in that they offer then it is... but just playing it the same way will get you a good reward... you were just thinking about other people that have no life and just play can get more and you won't... 1st of all this is JUST a game.. you got your life I mean REAL life to grind for till you save up for your retirement... unless mama and papa are too rich that you don't have too... 

You guys were talking about obtaining coins. Yes it's grindy.  But, Look at the side note:

• Coins were offered on some Dungeons that normally a player would run just to obtain golds as a reward.
  • MSP rewards doubled for less grinding for legendary SS
  • If you're avoiding on bidding legendary accessories for ginormous amount of money, there's a way to get it for free. Which consist of grinding of course.
  • IF you're a bit competitive, exclusive items were on cash shop which offers a bit more coin if you just have to pay for em.
  • If you're too competitive like others, you can just buy the coins on cash shop. That is if you could afford em.

And also, there's a lot of ways to have fun on the event like casual players. Don't achieve to be a whale like others. 

You will miss having fun if you're trying to compare yourself to whales and be competitive like them. 

We all have different opinions. These points I brought up is just my 5 cents on this game.

I think events are great definitely up the loot you get. I've been running just the simple event for the bag on 5 of my toons and I've gotten a bunch of the 1M exp charms which is nice. I am a little disappointed that I have 35ap gems but they are not upgradable so I'd have to grind for the event gem then upgrade it to the 40ap gem and just throw my 300g gem in the trash.

I have to agree, that this event is grind based, which sux BUT on the other hand it is not grind based, simply because you get coins for doing something you are doing on a daily basis anyway! 

I think we shouldn't complain too much for getting something extra, although I am expecting something different from an event. Imo event should be something not connected with gearing up, or at least we should have other options. I personally play this game for its artstyle, rather than being 800+ ap pro player, and I would love to be able to buy some outfits for event currency, some old ones, or hmstore ones, not only one which I find ugly. 

Coins for daily quest, should be only an addition to the main event, which should be accessible to everyone, even the lowest lvls. I'd like to see some new boss, in area where everyone have stats like arena or can get loot for only one hit. How about some gathering, and baking cakes, or even gathering materials and making costumes out of them? Just give us something so we can get a brake from farming dungs. Isn't it what event should be? Something different and fun?

Now regarding coins only in high lvl dungs. I think it could be simply done like this: put coins in every daily quest, but restrict coins to only player within a lvl range. It could be like this: lvl 1-20( up to blackram narrows) then maybe 20-30, 30-36 etc so player on every lvl can get same amount of coins daily, doing quest they can do. Storage and hm can be left as it is now, cuz whales gotta whale anyway. 

Now to ppl who say you have to spend too much time grinding. To get a gem, it takes only 8 coins a day, even 7 if we count daily dash completion once, then 1 coin for easy quest, which takes us to 6 coins a day from dungs. 6 coins = storage, hm, yeti, lair, and one higher tier dung, can be gloom as it doesn't require any hard mech and you can get carried easily. Complaining about free stuff, you would have to spend 300 gold for.. Bois plis xd 

Archived