So when did the word "EVENT" started become "GRIND" ?

Levantin

First of all, if you have low level gear, it is the time for you to run some dungeons to earn golds to gear up because they have AP boost in 6m dungeons now. It makes your life easier. Secondly, if you are new player, you can just wait for next event. In the meantime, just gear up your character and be ready for next event. Thirdly, 35 AP gem can be easily be obtained even if you don't do DT, EC, or foundry. If you are a new player and want to get the 40 AP gem, then I think you are just too greedy. Everything has to take on step-by-step. If you want to jump steps, then you need to be party of the whale or use your CC.

I think this event is better than last event (christmas event) because last event, you had to out-bid other party members for the orbs, which was mostly for whales event. Plus, the rewards from the event sucked so bad. In this event, you need to work hard to gain the 40AP or 48AP gem or just be whale and spam cs or hm resets.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, FrozenB said:

First of all, if you have low level gear, it is the time for you to run some dungeons to earn golds to gear up because they have AP boost in 6m dungeons now. It makes your life easier. Secondly, if you are new player, you can just wait for next event. In the meantime, just gear up your character and be ready for next event. Thirdly, 35 AP gem can be easily be obtained even if you don't do DT, EC, or foundry. If you are a new player and want to get the 40 AP gem, then I think you are just too greedy. Everything has to take on step-by-step. If you want to jump steps, then you need to be party of the whale or use your CC.

I think this event is better than last event (christmas event) because last event, you had to out-bid other party members for the orbs, which was mostly for whales event. Plus, the rewards from the event sucked so bad. In this event, you need to work hard to gain the 40AP or 48AP gem or just be whale and spam cs or hm resets.

Spoken like a true elite with double standards. Don't be greedy but go the way of the whale? Nice.. So If I'm a casual who can only play 1 to 3 hours a week I should be made to suffer further indignation by 900+ AP whales with 48AP diamonds because I missed the boat? Sounds very fair. Wait for the next event? Good promo vs. I don't know.. surprising the newbie with a 35 AP gem, making them feel part of a growing and immersive community, generating referrals, and improving retention. 

If things were "step-by-step" then everyone can achieve the same goal albeit some longer than others. Here in BnS land there is no step-by-step it's more like randomness and sheer dumb luck. If you are not outdone by whales, you are yolked with other people who either cannot be bothered to learn the craft or just don't have the coordination to finish certain dungeons. So add to the chance of a good drop, the chance of actually completing the run. Ever since the event rolled out everyone has come out of the wood work and started running the core dungeons. Good for NCSoft as dungeons suffering deprecation have "new-life" but now a major burden for season players who otherwise would run them quickly. Recently I've seen more and more party leaders put out ultimatums for low HM's to simply quit or mass quits would follow. I have 729 AP but am only HM 9, and it's amazing to see the number of soft-minded people who growled at me because of it. 

If BnS offered alternatives for achieving the same thing that did not involve a "hamster-wheel" approach or cash shops then I could see your point. This is not the case here unfortunately and to dole out advise about good gear and greed is in my opinion unwarranted. I will say this - the event is clever way of keeping the addiction going until new content is released. The current content is too restrictive and leaves little wiggle room for newbies to really enjoy all that BnS has to offer. Yes, I do believe that some of the best things in life are free and most deserving. This is like having to grind to earn my birthday cake, and then turning to the cash shop to buy the candles for it. I don't see the point.

Bottom line is the other regions don't have these ridiculously grindy events that only geared out players benefit from. We're finally going to see the weapon path from other regions implemented which is great and the game is headed in the right direction, but we should also have things like free wardrobe and enjoyable celebrations like the Asian regions do.

Archived