So when did the word "EVENT" started become "GRIND" ?

Levantin

I thought anniversary and event should be something all players can enjoy, not the "be in a game, play 10 hrs a day to get your reward".

NCSOFT, do you understand the meaning of event?

when you are selling cash items at "discounted price" in F10, which i still think it is overpriced, is not EVENT either.

please consider for people who enjoys playing BNS 1~3 hrs a day after work. this event is too Grindy. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This event doesn't even take 10 hours a day to do.

It honestly takes 2 hours at most if you're doing every dungeon minus Foundry, Tomb and Citadel.

Especially since we have an AP event where it's increased AP in 6man parties which makes it even easier to clear the dungeons.

You do understand people actually have to work for things, right?

Okay the amount people are bitching about this event is ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing ridiculous. You get a free title. You get free silly accessories (hat/glasses). You get a super cute hair style for girls (guys get a mask). You basically get 3 free outfits *. You have the option to get a 35ap diamond which has a market value of 291g(ish). All obtainable via event coins* which you get by doing what? Dailies? Which you were probably already doing? Oh you poor thing wah.

*Event coins - If you are THE unluckiest player when it comes to spins you should at least get around the board once. That's a guaranteed 20 event coins. You get 3 guaranteed every day via daily challenge. If you managed to do all dungeons except the last 3 new ones (foundry, des tomb, citadel) that is at the most 13 coins daily (Lair/Yeti/Necro/CS/Mandate - 1; Asura/Sundered/Masts/Gloom - 2.). This event lasts for 21 days so doing the math you have - the guaranteed 20 + 3x21(63) + 13x21(273) = 356 coins. Per charcter. Still going to complain?

• If you can only do the first 5 dungeons (Lair/Yeti/Necro/CS/Mandate - 1) because you are fairly new it is still manageable for you to at least get one really good item (costume/35 ap diamond) because if you did the 5 dungeons daily that will be 105 (5x21) coins + 20 coins from the daily spins + whatever daily challenge you can complete(I know not all of them are friendly towards low ap players but some are still completeable).
  • In 21 days you should be able to go around the board twice, I think the average player with average luck can manage that which would be an additional 20 coins.
  • I didn't factor in the free coin you get from dreamdift/plague hollow/ploggle king anniversary daily because sitting there can take away time one may rather spend doing something else but that too is another 21 coins.
  • Foundry/Desolated Tomb/Citadel give 3 event coins each but it is not an obvious requirement to have the 650+ ap to do them. That is just a luxury for people who have put the time into getting their characters that high which is honestly NOT AN ISSUE and well deserved.

*Three free outfits - The Alice in wonderland outfit which is 100% free. The event outfit which requires 120 tokens (easily obtained. More so if you have an alt you can do dailies on here and there). And than there is the fact that if you saved up all the gold you get from the dailies you do for 21 days you should by far have enough to convert gold into HMC and buy whatever cute outfit you wanted all thanks to the anniversary event.

6 minutes ago, XO said:

Okay the amount people are bitching about this event is ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing ridiculous. You get a free title. You get free silly accessories (hat/glasses). You get a super cute hair style for girls (guys get a mask). You basically get 3 free outfits *. You have the option to get a 35ap diamond which has a market value of 291g(ish). All obtainable via event coins* which you get by doing what? Dailies? Which you were probably already doing? Oh you poor thing wah.

*Event coins - If you are THE unluckiest player when it comes to spins you should at least get around the board once. That's a guaranteed 20 event coins. You get 3 guaranteed every day via daily challenge. If you managed to do all dungeons - the last 3 new ones (foundry, des tomb, citadel) that is at the most 13 coins daily (Lair/Yeti/Necro/CS/Mandate - 1; Asura/Sundered/Masts/Gloom - 2.). This event lasts for 21 days so doing the math you have - the guaranteed 20 + 3x21(63) + 13x21(273) = 356 coins. Per charcter. Still going to complain?

• In 21 days you should be able to go around the board twice, I think the average player with average luck can manage that which would be an additional 20 coins.
  • I didn't factor in the free coin you get from dreamdift/plague hollow/ploggle king anniversary daily because sitting there can take away time one may rather spend doing something else but that too is another 21 coins.

*Three free outfits - The Alice in wonderland outfit which is 100% free. The event outfit which requires 120 tokens (easily obtained. More so if you have an alt you can do dailies on here and there). And than there is the fact that if you saved up all the gold you get from the dailies you do for 21 days you should by far have enough to convert gold into HMC and buy whatever cute outfit you wanted all thanks to the anniversary event.

where'd you get the 13x21?

in case u didn't realize, each dungeon (NF,TOMB,EC) takes about 15~20 min EACH, not counting, and that's not counting finding party members + TANK <<

so u will end up spending about more than an hour for for those, then other dungeons? like gloomdross and necro stalls time. im not even counting Asura or MAST here. 

after all that crap thats like already 3 and half hours spent in dungeon that u didnt even wanted to do.

dude, u gotta learn how to take "construct criticism" . teenagers like u might think not complaining cool, but obviously something need to be said and u are afraid of let your voice heard to GM. ppl like u can actually kill the game when they are accepting everything GM provides, and that how MMO "LIFT" died.

1. I hope you're exaggerating when you say 10 hours because if you're not, then you're doing something seriously wrong if it takes you that long to do dailies. I work and go to college but I still find time to log on, do all my dailies within 3 hours. It would be 2 if I had more AP to get drops on one try in SSP. If you can't do certain dungeons because of your gear, wait until you get better gear, find a clan or a group of friends/high AP FRIENDLY players to carry you through the dungeons you can't do.  If you seriously don't have at most, 5 hours, then I suggest you play something else that will fit your schedule. Less stress on your end.

2. There's a feature called Currency Exchange where you can sell gold to buy HM coins and buy stuff from the Store. You access it by pressing Ctrl + C simultaneously. "Oh I'm saving my gold to upgrade my gear." It's YOUR money, invest it in what you think will bring you more joy or benefit.

3. The game isn't ending, there will be more events so you don't have to do it if it's such a bother to you.

There's always a way to work around something and if there's not, then bless your soul.

10 minutes ago, Levantin said:

in case u didn't realize, each dungeon (NF,TOMB,EC) takes about 15~20 min EACH, not counting, and that's not counting finding party members + TANK <<

so u will end up spending about more than an hour for for those, then other dungeons? like gloomdross and necro stalls time. im not even counting Asura or MAST here. 

after all that crap thats like already 3 and half hours spent in dungeon that u didnt even wanted to do.

dude, u gotta learn how to take "construct criticism" . teenagers like u might think not complaining cool, but obviously something need to be said and u are afraid of let your voice heard to GM. ppl like u can actually kill the game when they are accepting everything GM provides, and that how MMO "LIFT" died.

Good job, you named 3 dungeons that you don't have to do to take advantage of this event. Citadel, Foundry and Tomb are for higher geared players anyways.

Gloom and Necro? 10~15mins each at most, these are long dungeons by default due to the Castle Defense part which is understandable but still doable in fitting it in with your daily dungeon runs.

So just from Gloom(2 tokens) and Necro(1 token) alone, it'll take about 30mins(recruiting people or just press LFP included). Add in:

Lair: 5~7mins; 1 token

Yeti: 5~7mins; 1 token

Cold Storage/Mandate: ~5mins each; 1token each

Asura: 15~20mins; 2 tokens

Nexus: 15~20mins; 2 tokens

Masts: ~15mins; 2 tokens

Add in Daily Challenge since you'll most likely finish that in the process of doing these dungeons and you're sitting on about 16 tokens a day(17 on the weekends) which is more than enough to get the 35 ap gem within 10 days AND only having to spend roughly 2 hours doing dungeons. And I will say again, the AP buff we currently have due to the event also helps clearing dungeons/bosses greatly.

So for people like you and the OP complaining literally about nothing because it "seems" too hard to do then you are the ones that can actually kill the game. People tend to look for complaints more than positive feedback because that's how they judge the game. If people come across a thread like this with the OP complaining about nothing, they'll think it's actually like this or actually hard to do an event provided which in turn drives them away. So watch what you actually complain about, seeing as how you two finding anything to blow up about.

Some of the items are nice, but once again the events only reward players who have ground and ground and ground gear since the beginning of the game or put in ridiculous amounts of hours in the meantime. You cannot play this game casually, i.e., a few hours a week and get anything out of this. If you're not geared, you can't even play a few hours a day and get any of this if you aren't far enough along to have earned a decent gear level. Even if you have a decent gear level, hours a day for a costume and some trinkets is just silly. Enjoy the game, don't live the game.

2 hours ago, XO said:

39 minutes ago, Zuzu said:

Good job, you named 3 dungeons that you don't have to do to take advantage of this event. Citadel, Foundry and Tomb are for higher geared players anyways.

Gloom and Necro? 10~15mins each at most, these are long dungeons by default due to the Castle Defense part which is understandable but still doable in fitting it in with your daily dungeon runs.

So just from Gloom(2 tokens) and Necro(1 token) alone, it'll take about 30mins(recruiting people or just press LFP included). Add in:

Lair: 5~7mins; 1 token

Yeti: 5~7mins; 1 token

Cold Storage/Mandate: ~5mins each; 1token each

Asura: 15~20mins; 2 tokens

Nexus: 15~20mins; 2 tokens

Masts: ~15mins; 2 tokens

Add in Daily Challenge since you'll most likely finish that in the process of doing these dungeons and you're sitting on about 16 tokens a day(17 on the weekends) which is more than enough to get the 35 ap gem within 10 days AND only having to spend roughly 2 hours doing dungeons. And I will say again, the AP buff we currently have due to the event also helps clearing dungeons/bosses greatly.

So for people like you and the OP complaining literally about nothing because it "seems" too hard to do then you are the ones that can actually kill the game. People tend to look for complaints more than positive feedback because that's how they judge the game. If people come across a thread like this with the OP complaining about nothing, they'll think it's actually like this or actually hard to do an event provided which in turn drives them away. So watch what you actually complain about, seeing as how you two finding anything to blow up about.

see even you acknowledge there's time need to be spent for "useless" dungeons once u gear up. 

Like acceptting everything what GM gives, just shows slave's mind, not even claiming user's right.

you will need to understand what "ANNIVERSARY" and "EVENT" means. since they are releasing everything un-tradable,

its not gonna crash market values. Also, if u are old enough to understand,  when users suffer, no one is winning the game. 

You still play like 2, 3 hours per day anyway but now you get free coins everytime you complete your dungeons. all these coins adds up over the course of 3 weeks, allowing you to trade them in for goodies. Seems like a big plus to me. And event doesn't mean things are handed to you. In other mmorpgs, you have to do something during events too in order to get the event items there. Three hours is plenty, in fact the majority of the playerbase spend around 3 hours in the game daily. You can do CS,HM,yeti,lair,necro,gloom,mast,nexus,and sogun plus that event daily within 3 hours. If you are at the lower ap range(below 600) then just do 6man versions for the harder ones like mast and sogun.

43 minutes ago, Levantin said:

see even you acknowledge there's time need to be spent for "useless" dungeons once u gear up. 

Like acceptting everything what GM gives, just shows slave's mind, not even claiming user's right.

you will need to understand what "ANNIVERSARY" and "EVENT" means. since they are releasing everything un-tradable,

its not gonna crash market values. Also, if u are old enough to understand,  when users suffer, no one is winning the game. 

None of the dungeons are useless since you get gold from them, I'm not quite understanding what you're trying to get at.

And I'm also not understanding how no one is winning when it's literally a win-win situation.

Quite honestly, I'm not even understanding what you're going on about in full since all you're saying is, "I'm not understanding anything but I'm not going to explain either.".

You can casually play 2~3 hours a day and do this event, you don't need 700+ AP to do it. Hell, you can even do the bare minimum of getting 9~11 tokens a day and get a gem within 2 weeks.

13 hours ago, XO said:

*Event coins - If you are THE unluckiest player when it comes to spins you should at least get around the board once. That's a guaranteed 20 event coins. You get 3 guaranteed every day via daily challenge. If you managed to do all dungeons except the last 3 new ones (foundry, des tomb, citadel) that is at the most 13 coins daily (Lair/Yeti/Necro/CS/Mandate - 1; Asura/Sundered/Masts/Gloom - 2.). This event lasts for 21 days so doing the math you have - the guaranteed 20 + 3x21(63) + 13x21(273) = 356 coins. Per charcter. Still going to complain?

• If you can only do the first 5 dungeons (Lair/Yeti/Necro/CS/Mandate - 1) because you are fairly new it is still manageable for you to at least get one really good item (costume/35 ap diamond) because if you did the 5 dungeons daily that will be 105 (5x21) coins + 20 coins from the daily spins + whatever daily challenge you can complete(I know not all of them are friendly towards low ap players but some are still completeable).
  • Foundry/Desolated Tomb/Citadel give 3 event coins each but it is not an obvious requirement to have the 650+ ap to do them. That is just a luxury for people who have put the time into getting their characters that high which is honestly NOT AN ISSUE and well deserved.

And the amount of people who still fail to understand why one would complain is equally as ridiculous. The idea of because "it is free!" so it must be considered amazing/nice or whatever you choice of words is load of crap. What if you already have a diamond your satisfied with? what if you don't like any of the costumes? what if you think the title is "eh"? BLAM all this talk of free just became moot.

Maybe folks want something OUTSIDE of the usual required grind? Something more that does not fall right back down to the "same ol same ol". I mean is it really that difficult to understand? HOWEVER! I can appreciate the simplistic way of making what you going to daily anyway more rewarding. I mean your going to do the grind anyway for the daily life so why not get a nice little extra, however that wouldn't need to be called an event to be done. There is a reason why community events sometimes just stomp all over official ones. Actual creativity or fun. You know? something that's not always doing what you do on a daily basis anyway. Even if it is free, the event is attached to grind! the same grind some folks just want a break from.

Come on people this ain't rocket science.

To add more to it now as I ponder, they are STILL ignoring all the older dungeons. The ones that were actually around at the start! this could've been a perfect way to show older dungeons some love. That way MANY people both new and old could've done runs and have a chance at different ways to get coins. 

For a f2p trying to get 2-3 40ap gems it's grind. A huge stresful grind I am not gonna try it anymore since it almost made me want to quit. The ap boost is good but since all players feel the need to get all coins you get many bad players in your party slowing down the grind speed.

My lowest alt managed to get the 12 coins I wanted in about 1h 20m. My BM alt which is geared higher managed to take 1h 40m so all around you'll spend 8-10 hours doing easy stuff and facing players that will slow you down a lot

35AP gem is easy to get.

if you want anything more that's on you.

I'm sorry but way I feel is that people are complaining to those who are giving out a cars for free. saying why are we only getting a car when there is people who works or have lots of money to buys private jets.

cus we don't need private jet and car is for free.

5 hours ago, ChubbyFatBoy said:

And the amount of people who still fail to understand why one would complain is equally as ridiculous. The idea of because "it is free!" so it must be considered amazing/nice or whatever you choice of words is load of crap. What if you already have a diamond your satisfied with? what if you don't like any of the costumes? what if you think the title is "eh"? BLAM all this talk of free just became moot.

Maybe folks want something OUTSIDE of the usual required grind? Something more that does not fall right back down to the "same ol same ol". I mean is it really that difficult to understand? HOWEVER! I can appreciate the simplistic way of making what you going to daily anyway more rewarding. I mean your going to do the grind anyway for the daily life so why not get a nice little extra, however that wouldn't need to be called an event to be done. There is a reason why community events sometimes just stomp all over official ones. Actual creativity or fun. You know? something that's not always doing what you do on a daily basis anyway. Even if it is free, the event is attached to grind! the same grind some folks just want a break from.

To add more to it now as I ponder, they are STILL ignoring all the older dungeons. The ones that were actually around at the start! this could've been a perfect way to show older dungeons some love. That way MANY people both new and old could've done runs and have a chance at different ways to get coins. 

Okay....no. People are complaining because they want everything handed to them on a silver platter. It happens with EVERY event, people are so mad that they have to "earn" the event coins when really the event coins is not taking any time away from your usual dailies because if it was than people would be complaining that you need to set aside more time for events outside of earning your daily gold. So, keeping that in mind, you mentioned something different for events? Like what? Anything done in the open world will either be ruled by the 700 ap+ players voiding a mass majority from being able to participate (this is already an issue with the 1 open world daily) because they can't do damage OR crowded farming on plants or whatever the event would require. If it's a pvp only event, well, people bitched about whirlwind valley event so that's out. So what other option is there? Crafting? Well I guess they could add event items to all mobs and than they can bake it or make a charm of it or something? I think that's the only other thing they could do in this game lol. 

I agree with what you mentioned here with the fact that older dungeons got ignored again even when it comes to the event buff in dungeon which sucks as it probably wouldve encouraged people to go level an alt for the 3 weeks. Or even if they put daily reward coins into the BSH/NSH open dungeons those could've got populated again as well.

5 hours ago, ChubbyFatBoy said:

There's an art event going on right now, there was a PvP tourney a month ago, there was an event dungeon last patch. So yeah, I fail to see why one would complain about events that they try to rotate and offer multiple of. Not everything will fit your tastes, but it will be great for someone else. If you feel like something is missing, you can request it and they'll do it, as long as it's not out of their reach. 

9 hours ago, ChubbyFatBoy said:

You don't want the outfit and Diamond. What about upgrade materials like Forging Orbs and Sacred Oil? You don't want your gear upgraded?

Also, for Diamond/outfit, you only need to do daily challenges to get them. If you want more, then spend some effort to grind.

Next, people are now more lax about AP requirement thanks to the +100AP event buff. Just run simple dungeons in 6-man mode. 

It only takes me to clear all those dungeons in like 2 to 3 hours including DT NF and EC.......... 4 hours max if i get bad pug for DT NF and EC. but all teir 2 and bellow they all jokes now where a lot of us Whales just LFP and legit solo it fast. So to do teir 2 and lower.. thats really easy with this 150AP buff

On 1/19/2017 at 7:39 PM, Levantin said:

I thought anniversary and event should be something all players can enjoy, not the "be in a game, play 10 hrs a day to get your reward".

NCSOFT, do you understand the meaning of event?

when you are selling cash items at "discounted price" in F10, which i still think it is overpriced, is not EVENT either.

please consider for people who enjoys playing BNS 1~3 hrs a day after work. this event is too Grindy. 

I agree with you 100%. It unbelievable how many people read and reply without the benefit of trying to understand the OP. Laughable.. Artifacts of a careless ADHD society. Anyway, An event in my mind is a one day affair, like a party, or BBQ with friends, food, and drink. I guess NCSoft defines events as grind-fests that stretches over 20-30 days to make progress all the while the "whales" line up at the shop for items and replenish their bank accounts.

Before the immature crowd in wait starts to troll with off-the-cuff responses for the record I've been playing since beta and put in many MANY hours to develop my character down to her appearance. While I have no issues putting in the effort I can truly see how new or casual players can find this annoying if not daunting. I've been playing since Beta and even I was dismayed not to find something for my patronage in my mailbox. NCsoft would do well to learn from other MMO's like FFXIV online who delivered free costumes and mounts just for playing x days.

Nice Anniversary, but not the best.

3 hours ago, UGSBBoyDragonBAN said:

It only takes me to clear all those dungeons in like 2 to 3 hours including DT NF and EC.......... 4 hours max if i get bad pug for DT NF and EC. but all teir 2 and bellow they all jokes now where a lot of us Whales just LFP and legit solo it fast. So to do teir 2 and lower.. thats really easy with this 150AP buff

20+ hours a week mandatory to earn something sounds like a part-time job to me, but whatever's clever these days...

1 hour ago, Prototypemind said:

20+ hours a week mandatory to earn something sounds like a part-time job to me, but whatever's clever these days...

Confused by this comment.

Where did he say or anyone said that it takes 20+ hours? The people defending(including me) has already said it doesn't take much time, 2 hours at most to get enough tokens to take advantage of this event.

5 hours ago, Rochelle2016 said:

I agree with you 100%. It unbelievable how many people read and reply without the benefit of trying to understand the OP. Laughable.. Artifacts of a careless ADHD society. Anyway, An event in my mind is a one day affair, like a party, or BBQ with friends, food, and drink. I guess NCSoft defines events as grind-fests that stretches over 20-30 days to make progress all the while the "whales" line up at the shop for items and replenish their bank accounts.

Before the immature crowd in wait starts to troll with off-the-cuff responses for the record I've been playing since beta and put in many MANY hours to develop my character down to her appearance. While I have no issues putting in the effort I can truly see how new or casual players can find this annoying if not daunting. I've been playing since Beta and even I was dismayed not to find something for my patronage in my mailbox. NCsoft would do well to learn from other MMO's like FFXIV online who delivered free costumes and mounts just for playing x days.

Nice Anniversary, but not the best.

You do have to remember though, BnS is not the same as FFXIV. While I'm guessing FFXIV offers more outside of dungeons, BnS does not so that limits the Devs to actually doing something outside of the general dungeon running. Referring to OX's Post:

11 hours ago, XO said:

Okay....no. People are complaining because they want everything handed to them on a silver platter. It happens with EVERY event, people are so mad that they have to "earn" the event coins when really the event coins is not taking any time away from your usual dailies because if it was than people would be complaining that you need to set aside more time for events outside of earning your daily gold. So, keeping that in mind, you mentioned something different for events? Like what? Anything done in the open world will either be ruled by the 700 ap+ players voiding a mass majority from being able to participate (this is already an issue with the 1 open world daily) because they can't do damage OR crowded farming on plants or whatever the event would require. If it's a pvp only event, well, people bitched about whirlwind valley event so that's out. So what other option is there? Crafting? Well I guess they could add event items to all mobs and than they can bake it or make a charm of it or something? I think that's the only other thing they could do in this game lol.

He does make some pretty good points as to why it's dungeon based events rather than something outside of it. Though I'm not knocking the idea of having something outside of dungeons but if someone is going to complain about it, they need to do their part and throw a well thought of suggestion rather than saying, "NCsoft I don't like this so figure out something else while I sit and wait". That's completely counter-productive.

Archived