Returning player, I've got questions...

ArchangelBE

So I'm a returning player that is in the gray area of being stuck with the old upgrade path as well as returning at a time where no one, I repeat, no one, is doing Nightshade Harbor.

I really do not want to buy the Pirate Emblems but it is becoming such a pain because I am relying on Bloodshade Harbor to drop my weapon (with no luck so far).

I was just wondering if anyone has any other route to how they got out of this gray area?

Also considering I am HM6 but stuck at this level with my Soul Shield being a mix of Yeti and Scorpio, what is my intended goal Soul Shield progression (or if anyone has any soul shield guides)?

My AP is about 490 with a 3.8k crit rate, so I am not lacking in pushing power, but just need a guide for where to go since there are so many new things out now (I ended on Yeti and Scorpio).

If anyone has any info I would greatly appreciate it!

I'm not sure about the old path.  If I'm not mistaken, I would have assumed that your next upgrade would need require weapons from the newer content to upgrade to the new path, so there shouldn't be a need to farm for the older weapons (can't log in to the game, so don't quote me on that).

But if that is your last resort, then yes, doing Nightshade/Bloodshade might be your chances to get it.

As far as soul shields, the Yeti/Scorpio will work fine for a while if you can muster enough accuracy (120%).  Some people go full Yeti until they have the AP/Knowledge to do Sogun's Lament & Be Ido.  You'll want to move towards a combo of 1,2,4,6,8 Asura Soul shield + 3,5,7 Be Ido Soul shield.  After that, you'll be sporting that set until you can do the higher dungeons like Ebondrake Citadel and Desolate Tomb in which you would do 1,2,4,6,8 Ebondrake + 3,5,7 Oblivion set.  And then finally after that you might want to consider legendary soul shields that are acquired by running the newest 24-man Midnight Skypetal Plains (MSP).  I won't get into too much detail on that, but surely you can find a guide somewhere online.

Depending on your server group, you could potentially get some normal MSP shields.  Having a 3-set or 5-set isn't that bad, but the Ebondrake/Oblivion set would be better stats overall I believe.

Archived