What happened to the social aspect of PvM?

Sinitsu

Hi,

I am a returning player to Blade and Soul.

When I first started playing this game when it was released I used to love doing dungeons for the action, but also the social aspect.

After coming back from a lengthy break, everytime I do a dungeon, I usually say "Hi". Even getting a "Hi" back is rare, and if im lucky Ill get addressed as my "party number". The only time I ever see people talking is if they have something negative to say or at a ready check, but even then the tank seems to attack the boss regardless of if everyone answers or not (mostly in MSP).  I often frequently die In Dungs because of this as my loading speeds can be quite slow sometimes. Even if I say "please wait" most of the time they disregard my comment which can be extreemly annoying when you are trying to complete daily quest(s).

I have noticed fairly new players/low levels are usually very friendly and social which is a breath of fresh air when PvM'ing (or maybe they are just happy because they haven't yet realised how much they are going to have to grind yet) lol.

Thank you to all the pleasent PvM'rs out there, although your numbers seem to be going extinct.

I don't want this to come off as a rant, im just curious if anyone else feels the same way and the reason(s) behind it being like this.

I cant answer for them... For me if someone says hi I always respond :) for tanks not waiting... I'm a tank and I'm always slow to start a boss, usually someone else gets annoyed and attacks before me XD If you're a tank it kind of is your job to make sure everyone is ready imo.. Also don't bring boss over someone in chi recovery, Hehe there are kind people out there, you just have to look :) 

Just now, Lerialis said:

Sadly i'm not realy. There is barely reason to be friendly in BnS parties. Only players i can have some nice relationship are low lvl players. They are nice, helpfull and i'm to them too. 50lvl + are assholes in majority. So i staying quietly and just do not give a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ what others doing.

I love new players the most, maybe for this reason. 

3 minutes ago, Ilka said:

I still friendly <3

Sadly i'm not realy. There is barely reason to be friendly in BnS parties. Only players i can have some nice relationship with are low lvl players. They are nice, helpfull and i'm to them too. 50lvl + are assholes in majority. So i staying quietly and just do not give a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ what others doing. Sometimes i have enough of their arrogant shit so i call them... Hm, you know...

Just now, Lerialis said:

Sadly i'm not realy. There is barely reason to be friendly in BnS parties. Only players i can have some nice relationship with are low lvl players. They are nice, helpfull and i'm to them too. 50lvl + are assholes in majority. So i staying quietly and just do not give a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ what others doing.

I am 50 HM11, 722AP -,...,- and I always say "hi o/" at least, and try to talk, they do not always respond :'(  But sometimes they are friendly too

ok but people do it right me and my wife post carrie 1 or 2 people the rest must be over 550 or 500 because we always help lower lvls but i have seen the People have good shit dont care about no one else but them self also they are more pay to win not to have fun alot of us dont spend a shit load of money me and my wife just  got our stuff maxxed all we are waiting for is the Legandry stuff to upgrade and some of the upgrades are not right or proper so me and my wife would help but i have sat in a single dung or refused to do it because of a people not having the Proper Gear or anything like that so i will Sit out not fight it or if i dont get hearts in asura or nexus because you got these Lower lvls who think they are a bad ass and start it without asking if people are ready or got hearts.even withour stuff maxxed they still tell us to leave it is BS.this is the Higher Dungs the ones that are complex

1 minute ago, dualistique said:

Literally had this conversation the other day with a fellow MMO friend and talked about the good old days back then when you can have legit conversations while leveling or afking.

Perhaps it's the nature of the game.  With so many dailies/instances to do in a day and people having less and less time, I'm guessing a majority of people just "lost their voice" so to speak.  This game favors solo play a lot more than other games with trinity-based systems and it's not like you can AFK or hang out in town to talk since people are so busy going to their next dungeon, going to cross server, or hopping on their alt to repeat the process again.

Same, I talk about this a lot and have friends who have quit and this had part of the reason they did. They said BnS just started to feel like a JOB constantly trying to keep up with the aggressive content release.

and for talking, I never understood why you can't send/recieve whispers in instances unless they are inside the instance with you  (i kinda find this really annoying)

11 minutes ago, ander01se said:

Welcome back,

ty :)

Literally had this conversation the other day with a fellow MMO friend and talked about the good old days back then when you can have legit conversations while leveling or afking.

Perhaps it's the nature of the game.  With so many dailies/instances to do in a day and people having less and less time, I'm guessing a majority of people just "lost their voice" so to speak.  This game favors solo play a lot more than other games with trinity-based systems and it's not like you can AFK or hang out in town to talk since people are so busy going to their next dungeon, going to cross server, or hopping on their alt to repeat the process again.

Yesterday i was stuck with some mobs in boss entrance in Lairy dungeon. One player (with lowest AP) came to me and helped me. Heck one WL with 715 AP just killed us in fire and others said just LOL or nothing. No i wont be nice to majority of players.

I understand them, they have no time, rewards are crap. Maybe this is the reason why i'm only 527AP. I'm not mad if some newbie ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ up mechanics so i staying with them. Sooooo, i earning maybe half of gold what i can do with my time. But is better to loose with nice ppl than win with assholes. Win is not everything.

4 minutes ago, Lerialis said:

I'm not mad if some newbie ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ up mechanics so i staying with them. Sooooo, i earning maybe half of gold what i can do with my time. But is better to loose with nice ppl than win with assholes. Win is not everything.

I like your perspective, nowdays If someone makes a single mistake on a boss mechanic 9 times out of 10 people just leave, instead of trying to help teach them what to do. they usually say some arrogant comment like "do you even youtube?" xD

I generally just be quied in partys. What's the point of being nice when the whole drop system is based on out-bidding each other :D You can be nice at first sure... but when stuff starts dropping and bid wars start, then that friendship goes straigh down the drain!

6 minutes ago, Sinitsu said:

I like your perspective, nowdays If someone makes a single mistake on a boss mechanic 9 times out of 10 people just leave, instead of trying to teach them what to do. they usually say some arrogant comment like "do you even youtube?" xD

Heh yes. Sad thing is i have maybe tough skin, but a lot of sensitive players just can not handle it. I was part of two guilds in this game. One quit due to this, second quit because insane requirements. This game can feel like a job if you want to be competetive. I can not play battlegrounds and highest dungeons and also i can understand this can be reason this game can be toxic.

I'm in new guild now. Guild with two members. She is newbie forever but it's fine. She is nice :).

I think for the most part people are friendly even with my stupid mistakes. It's actually funny my main is HM8 and would you believe until a month ago I had no idea what the two cc boss bubbles where. I just could never nail a boss cc consistently even though I speced it.  All the youtube vids said you need to do a double cc. But I didn't realize it showed when it could be done on the bosses bar or which cc someone did if they did a single. I told a friend who plays how stupid I was and he didn't know either haha we've been playing for a year now.

I guess it's inversely proportional to AP level, and if the char has legendary weapon decreasing is logarithmic.

At the beginning every time I joined a party I always said "Hi", but nobody answered so I stopped to do it. Just at the end of the run I always thank other party members. But if I meet more talkative people I don't mind wasting some time talking and joking with them.

I only talk to players if they say something, otherwise I stay quiet, because I've encountered too many players who don't know, and doesn't not let out a peep even if I try my best to be patient and repeatedly explain the mech, at that point I don't even want to converse. 

28 minutes ago, Sinitsu said:

and for talking, I never understood why you can't send/recieve whispers in instances unless they are inside the instance with you  (i kinda find this really annoying)

I cant agree more with this, please let us whisper to someone oustide/inside of cross server 

It's hard to hold a conversation with party members who don't speak english or are bots/afkers...

If I see a newbie and we end up grouping together, I'll check out their gear and ask what their skill setup is and offer advice if I know the class well. There's so many Summoners that don't know about the party heal for Z or cat taunt on Q or Seed Shroud... or that you need to get the Pirate Bracelet and Siren Belt- really, these two items need to be put on the main leveling road so people don't speed by it doing the story. Newbies go from Moonwater to Silverfrost and often bypass the 3 purple Moonwater dungeons completely (there's part of the reason we see so many sub 400 ap players in Silverfrost dungeons).

that is the saddest fact, this game is most social unfriendly of all, since launch

and nowadays its even more, look how many dungeons there is, running dailies with super fast group without unnecessary talk, burning throu ignoring mechanics, takes 2 hours (1,5hour with clan premade), running them slow way can take 5+

thats only dungeons dailies, and theres much more to do

Archived