JAN 18 Update BSOD

Tigerlily

46 minutes ago, WiLLyxDee said:

reformating seems a lil much especially when all the scans they made us do show that there is NOTHING wrong with our rigs It has to be something on their end which hopefully is fixed by next weeks maintenance...

@WiLLyxDee i 100% agree but imma go ahead and buy a New copy of win 10 home, formate my PC and see if reghames advice helps if it dosent its 100% all on Ncsoft

So I was able to get around the blue screen, I had got into my computer and discovered that I plugged my drives into a port designed for non-atapi devices commonly designated with a e1, e2, etc at the end (I.E. SATA6G_E1), which isn't a problem for hard drives and SSDs (as they are ATAPI devices) though it seems that BNS is somehow turning off these ports.

I opened my computer and changed my hard drive cables around to a different port (ones that support ATAPI devices denoted like so SATA6G_X where x is the port number) and it works!

Please don't do what I did if you don't know what you are doing as I am not responsible for damages. I built my computer so I am very comfortable in my PC. I would also state that this may not work for everyone! I am merely just presenting what worked for me to hopefully help others in their quest to get around the BSOD on launch.

*Edit*

SSDs and hard drives run better on ATAPI ports as they are designed for raid and also CD/DVD/Blue ray drives.  Non-Atapi ports are meant for additional storage hard drives.

*Edit 2*

Information about the Sata Ports can be found in your Mother Board Manual

Edited by Derreavus
  • Like 1

so yes, at this point it is 100% NCsoft's fault and in no way shape or form a corrupted profile from windows at this point. so yea, they need to get on this faster then they have been. it more than likely has to do with how windows 10 works, in how it automatically like to update itself. Once windows hits a certain patch point, blade and soul does not want to work with it and causes a crash if you try to launch the game.

there is BTW no real way i can see how to fix this on our end just due to how windows 10 works. so NCsoft really needs to jump on this and find what exactly is causing this compatibility issue.

19 minutes ago, reghame said:

so yes, at this point it is 100% NCsoft's fault and in no way shape or form a corrupted profile from windows at this point. so yea, they need to get on this faster then they have been. it more than likely has to do with how windows 10 works, in how it automatically like to update itself. Once windows hits a certain patch point, blade and soul does not want to work with it and causes a crash if you try to launch the game.

there is BTW no real way i can see how to fix this on our end just due to how windows 10 works. so NCsoft really needs to jump on this and find what exactly is causing this compatibility issue.

It can't be because of windows 10 because there are people using windows 7 with the same issue.  Its an issue with sata ports and BNS somehow turning off certain ports.

2 hours ago, Derreavus said:

It can't be because of windows 10 because there are people using windows 7 with the same issue.  Its an issue with sata ports and BNS somehow turning off certain ports.

@Derreavus if its not to much trouble can you have a look at these Hdd's and see if any of them you migh think might need to be swopped and ill give it a try the Samsung EVO is the SSD of corse

a3pZfqp.pngkCsVwvX.pngyOOmSvi.png

Edited by OctaviaChan

Hi,

I had the same issue, if you have a Samsung SSD plugged on ASMedia 106X SATA3 controller, plug it on your intel controller, it worked for me.

Generally, if you have 8 sata ports on your motherboard, ports 1-6 are on intel controller, ports 7-8 are on asmedia controller.

Don't forget to update your BIOS boot settings

Edited by Kitsune Heiya

8 hours ago, Derreavus said:

So I was able to get around the blue screen, I had got into my computer and discovered that I plugged my drives into a port designed for non-atapi devices commonly designated with a e1, e2, etc at the end (I.E. SATA6G_E1), which isn't a problem for hard drives and SSDs (as they are ATAPI devices) though it seems that BNS is somehow turning off these ports.

I opened my computer and changed my hard drive cables around to a different port (ones that support ATAPI devices denoted like so SATA6G_X where x is the port number) and it works!

Please don't do what I did if you don't know what you are doing as I am not responsible for damages. I built my computer so I am very comfortable in my PC. I would also state that this may not work for everyone! I am merely just presenting what worked for me to hopefully help others in their quest to get around the BSOD on launch.

*Edit*

SSDs and hard drives run better on ATAPI ports as they are designed for raid and also CD/DVD/Blue ray drives.  Non-Atapi ports are meant for additional storage hard drives.

*Edit 2*

Exactly what I did as well

8 hours ago, Derreavus said:

*Edit*

*Edit 2*

This has finally worked, thank you so much.

I switched my sata ports around on my motherboard and it has worked.

It seems as though now the new patch is now disabling ports on certain motherboards. That's ridiculous. 

Hi ya guys i just wont to give a MASSIVE that to All on this tread  for taking the time out to help me and others. Now swopping over the Sata cables worked and im able to play again so thank you thank you Derreavus and all others that pointed that out yous are all god sents <3

now if anyone else is having trouble try this out.

11 hours ago, Derreavus said:

*Edit*

*Edit 2*

lol.. changed the sata port from my hard drive around like the guy recommended. No more blue screen of death. Just back to the client crashing randomly again.  Since this is during such a huge event, they honestly should extend it or do SOMETHING to compensate players. I've never had any issues with the game whatsoever and now I had to go into my computer and switch something around because of something on their end? Total bs.

I should say thank you to whoever figured out the cause of problem

Been dealt with tech support(+GM) since the first day
they can't help at all
and they refused to pay back for my lost cause by their WELL MADE client 
what a joke lol

13 hours ago, Aniger said:

I should say thank you to whoever figured out the cause of problem

Been dealt with tech support(+GM) since the first day
they can't help at all
and they refused to pay back for my lost cause by their WELL MADE client 
what a joke lol

@Aniger Dont worry ive had the same FK around my self lets just hope they pull there fingers out and fix the prob in the next maintance

On 1/25/2017 at 8:48 PM, OctaviaChan said:

Hi Again guy sad news in back to squar one again and the BSOD because Sata ports are being DC when ever i try to play B&S. has anyone been able to work out why B&S is doing this?

What's your Motherboard, do you know?

6 hours ago, OctaviaChan said:

Hi ya Derravus its a Z87 - Plus

I am going to need a bit more information... Make, Model, etx. For exam I have the Asus M5A99 FX Pro R2.0

If its the Asus Z87 - Plus Then you are going to want to put your system drive in port SATA6G_1

Layout of the board and where the port is, is on this image (SATA6G_1 is the uppermost sata port:

tFdVf.png

Edited by Derreavus

@Derreavus yes thats it Ausu Z87 - plus and ive got all HHD's and SSD in all the ports other then the bottom to ports on the diagram atm so B. bottom port and the one below that one. now after buying a new copy of Win 10 for the PC and  a reformat its running the game OK so far but im not gonna hold my breath though. Also a big thank you for taking the time to hep me out with this i really appreciate it https://www.asus.com/au/Motherboards/Z87PLUS/HelpDesk_Manual/ <--- thats my mother board. Also might i add its really silly the a game can disconnect Sata ports i never though that was possible. 

Edited by OctaviaChan

I have the same problem.My computer completely  freezes up,no BSOD though .I have to restart my pc to get it back working.Please help as i am unable to play as it freeezes my PC.

EDIT:MY PC specs

Win10(64bit)

rx480

16gb ram

2 TB HDD

asrock z170 fatality k6

i56600k

Edited by Dikyashi

• 9 months later...
On 1/22/2017 at 4:21 AM, Derreavus said:

''So I was able to get around the blue screen, I had got into my computer and discovered that I plugged my drives into a port designed for non-atapi devices commonly designated with a e1, e2, etc at the end (I.E. SATA6G_E1), which isn't a problem for hard drives and SSDs (as they are ATAPI devices) though it seems that BNS is somehow turning off these ports.

I opened my computer and changed my hard drive cables around to a different port (ones that support ATAPI devices denoted like so SATA6G_X where x is the port number) and it works!''

This post saved my blue screen! It doesn't cause my computer to crash any longer, so if anyone is having crashing and blue screen issues when trying to launch, I recommend this solution.

Edited by Faith

• 2 months later...