JAN 18 Update BSOD

Tigerlily

I want to ask everyone on this topic the same question I asked on this topic: 

Do you have your system drive showing as an ejectable drive?
How many drives do you have in your system?
Is your system drive on an SSD?

What is  your Operating System?

Edited by Derreavus

Okey guys a Reddit user found a solution for the problem by uninstalling "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005". But after another the update the bsod was back
What me and my girlfriend did was to replace her bin folder with my bin folder from my working bns client.

Try to replace the bin folder at "C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\BnS" with a working one, aswell as uninstalling the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 and hopefully that will work for you guys.

Link to my bin folder: http://www.filedropper.com/bin2

i tried it, its not working for me ... so yeap... think we need a new game...

one or two times, it sayed : Gameclient has a problem (or something, that there is one broken file or some kind of this). i reapaired it. but still crashing x)

Edited by Oriha

i find a driver which cause the blue screen, when i unistalled it, b&s is back to works, than i reinstalled it and blue screen again.
Try to unistall the driver: "Asmedia SATA Controller Driver V3.1.6.0 for Windows 7 32bit & 64bit / 8.1 64bit / 10 64bit".
Tell me if this works

Edited by HeartRoxas

9 hours ago, Kazukyy said:

@HeartRoxas is this a default driver or do you have to manually Download it? (I know that this is a common driver for Asus Maximus boards, which I have one of)

I can't find this Driver on my Pc

3 hours ago, Nodes said:

yea i cant find it on mine @,@ where is it!!!

I had it installed because i have an asus motherboard, if you dont have it try to look for the sata driver

On 20/01/2017 at 1:41 PM, Dataloss said:

This is starting to aggravate me to no end.  The customer support people just keep giving me boiler plate answers instead of actually fixing this issue.  It happened after their update so its almost certain an issue with that patch and certain PC configurations.  This needs to be escalated to their tier 3 people if they even have them.

@Dataloss

I 100% agree there most denanetly somthing rong with the patch and not ppl's hard/soft ware as the game ran fine befor it was patched 

@HeartRoxas Hi look im having the same problums my self and can not find the that your talking about in your last post and also im not using the same mother board, this is my rig setup and its was rorking 100% fine befor the patchbrROQ0Q.png

Edited by OctaviaChan

i just got my final response from the tier ones from support. i got a nice steaming pile of "we have done everything we can to help!" auto response after they gave me at most 4 easy fixes which i had already told them i had done. Not only that but each response took about 2-3 hours in between multiple hours of me posting if i could get any updates.

Each time I got any new "fix" from them it obviously did not help and once their short supply of "fixes" fell short, they basically told me well that sucks, guess you cant play the game anymore. have fun.

what a nice wrap up to this 3 day episode of missing out on the anniversary event that i was actually looking forward to. Guess i will have to follow their advice and go ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ off by myself and find out the issue in their game that happened because of THEIR patch.

8 minutes ago, reghame said:

i just got my final response from the tier ones from support. i got a nice steaming pile of "we have done everything we can to help!" auto response after they gave me at most 4 easy fixes which i had already told them i had done. Not only that but each response took about 2-3 hours in between multiple hours of me posting if i could get any updates.

Each time I got any new "fix" from them it obviously did not help and once their short supply of "fixes" fell short, they basically told me well that sucks, guess you cant play the game anymore. have fun.

what a nice wrap up to this 3 day episode of missing out on the anniversary event that i was actually looking forward to. Guess i will have to follow their advice and go ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ off by myself and find out the issue in their game that happened because of THEIR patch.

@reghame im so sorry to hear that as im in the same boat atm and hope this is not what there gonna do to me aswell

58 minutes ago, Oriha said:

for me it was listed under: Installed Programms/ Programms&Features. (but I have a AsusX99 Mainboard) 

maybe you find it there, should be one of the first things you installed :o

@Oriha Hello there and thank you for pointing me in the righ direction i found them but lol with one to get rid of so i dont damage the PC? also i dont have a copy of a working Bin folder any more as the update changed/deleted it?

GrTV4Qj.png

Edited by OctaviaChan

I posted a thread when the anniversary update came about, when I launched the game, as soon as it hit the splash screen it disconnected two of my internal SATA drives. My C drive was uneffected.
I just switched the ports around and moved the two effected drives over and plugged my C drive into one of the ports that was having an issue.

Launched the game and I got my first BSOD with the same error code you guys are having.
As temp fix you might be able to switch which SATA port your drive is connected to.

you can always reinstall them from microsoft should something go wrong, but im fairly sure none of those will simply cause your computer to stop working should they be removed (as they mostly deal with the software with games) 
i have gone through this process already and deleted all of the C++ files but none have helped my issue. 

for the future though, if you are unsure about what can be deleted safely, there are multiple sites that can tell you if its ok to delete it. but if you want to know for sure, VMware is a program you can download which is basically like running a computer from your computer, like a simulation almost. just install it, figure out what you want to run from it and how much space to use, and tamper with all the files on that. if that crashes it wont damage your computer in any way.

back to the topic though, my ticket is still open but i keep getting the same copy paste teir 1 "im sorry we have done everything, contact a professional" i hope someone like a community manager or someone who actually gives a shit about their own game reads this because im SO close to just saying ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ it and back charging everything i ever bought NCsoft related. nothing screams bad customer service like only giving copy paste layer 8 issues then after 4-5 tries say well we cant help you, good luck.

seriously never thought a a gaming company as large as this would A not only not have live support, but also how they never escalate any issues which are FOR SURE damaging for the game.

8 minutes ago, Kryptical said:

I posted a thread when the anniversary update came about, when I launched the game, as soon as it hit the splash screen it disconnected two of my internal SATA drives. My C drive was uneffected.
I just switched the ports around and moved the two effected drives over and plugged my C drive into one of the ports that was having an issue.

Launched the game and I got my first BSOD with the same error code you guys are having.
As temp fix you might be able to switch which SATA port your drive is connected to.

i tried this as well but that would not fix it either. honestly im out of ideas to do on my end to fix this. gone through multiple iterations on VMware and i can't even get the blade and soul logo to ever show up after 2 days of working on it myself, and with 2 others. I am willing to bet my left nut that its something they introduced into the patch that does not want to work with an entire piece of either our hardware or just how it functions. The only thing i COULD test is by remotely removing every piece of my build one by one to see if that is the case but with watercooling it not only takes time, but it can be dangerous to do so for the entire build so im not really willing to do that.

OK MAYBE i found something

If anyone has updated from windows 7 or 8 into windows 10, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE reformate your computer. i dont have time to fully test out the problem now since i have to go to work, but i was able to launch the game from VM after doing a fresh install of 10 onto the system. this might be related to windows profile corruption so if you have the time go ahead and try it. I will post an update after i get home from work at about 11-12 EDT.

hopefully this solves some issues for some of you

7 minutes ago, reghame said:

i tried this as well but that would not fix it either. honestly im out of ideas to do on my end to fix this. gone through multiple iterations on VMware and i can't even get the blade and soul logo to ever show up after 2 days of working on it myself, and with 2 others. I am willing to bet my left nut that its something they introduced into the patch that does not want to work with an entire piece of either our hardware or just how it functions. The only thing i COULD test is by remotely removing every piece of my build one by one to see if that is the case but with watercooling it not only takes time, but it can be dangerous to do so for the entire build so im not really willing to do that.

Mine now loads with no drive disconnections.
It appears launching the game disables SATA port 7/8 on my mobo

5 hours ago, Kryptical said:

5 hours ago, reghame said:

you can always reinstall them from microsoft should something go wrong, but im fairly sure none of those will simply cause your computer to stop working should they be removed (as they mostly deal with the software with games) 
i have gone through this process already and deleted all of the C++ files but none have helped my issue. 

for the future though, if you are unsure about what can be deleted safely, there are multiple sites that can tell you if its ok to delete it. but if you want to know for sure, VMware is a program you can download which is basically like running a computer from your computer, like a simulation almost. just install it, figure out what you want to run from it and how much space to use, and tamper with all the files on that. if that crashes it wont damage your computer in any way.

back to the topic though, my ticket is still open but i keep getting the same copy paste teir 1 "im sorry we have done everything, contact a professional" i hope someone like a community manager or someone who actually gives a shit about their own game reads this because im SO close to just saying ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ it and back charging everything i ever bought NCsoft related. nothing screams bad customer service like only giving copy paste layer 8 issues then after 4-5 tries say well we cant help you, good luck.

seriously never thought a a gaming company as large as this would A not only not have live support, but also how they never escalate any issues which are FOR SURE damaging for the game.

Hi guys and thanks for the update on the SATA connection issuse and C++ files, so far nothings work and am still BSOD'ing after the splash screen so im at a loss at as to what to do and it seems as the Ncsoft team are giving up on ppl now from the posts ive been reading and pritty much telling them to bad you cant play good luck.

Edited by OctaviaChan

Hi there guys just wondering if anyone has had any luck in being able to fix the BSOD yet? if so ide really love to hear from you's. im still trying after the patch went live and to no avale yet. this is what me and the team at Ncsoft have tryed and failed at to get it to work. i  dident incluude the DxDiag.Txt and Hijack.Txt as the show IP addresses and what not.

PC cashing after New Patch

Octavia8477 Thursday at 13:13

Hi there Team sorry to bother yous look im having problumes playing blade&soul after the new patch update, when i launch the game the launch is working upuntill it trys to play the game its self. whats happening is my desk tops goting black like the wallpapers been removed and then evrything just locks up ie: i cant CTRL + ALT =Delet to get up task manager or click on icons or even restart the PC through the windos icon. So please can i get some help to find out why this is? 
    Kindest regards Retro

Xela Thursday at 15:54
    Hello there,

To start, I would like to get some basic information about your hardware and drivers so we can see how you are running the game. To do this, we use a Windows command called ""DxDiag."" To run Dxdiag:

1. Type the Windows key + ""R"" and type in ""dxdiag"" (without the quotes) in the Run Window.

2. When the window for ""Dxdiag"" appears, click the button labeled ""Run 64-bit Dxdiag.""
      Note: If you are running Windows 8, you will not see this button and so you can move to the next step.

3. Once loaded, click the button ""Save All Information."" You will want to save the file to your Desktop.

Once saved, I would also like to review your running processes with a program called Hi-jack this:

1. Download and run HijackThis from the following link:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/hjt/

1. Click the “Do a system scan and save a logfile” button.

2. Once the scan is complete, a text logfile will appear in Notepad. Save this file to your Desktop.

Once completed, please attach both files to your reply.

Regards,

Xela
    NCSOFT Support Team

Octavia8477 Thursday at 16:19

Hi there Team ok so heres the 2 text doc's for the instructions you sent for me to do. I hope this shows and helps in finding out whats crashing my PC. 
    Kindest regards Retro

Xela Thursday at 18:06
    Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

Let's start by preventing programs from automatically starting with Windows, then repairing some Winsock entries. To do this:

1. Press and hold the Windows key and then hit the R key. This should bring up the Run dialog box.
    2. Type ""MSCONFIG"" without the quotes, and click ""OK."" This should open the System Configuration Utility.
    3. Click on the ""Services"" tab and check the ""Hide All Microsoft Services"" check box near the bottom, then click the ""Disable All"" button. (You MUST click ""Hide all Microsoft Services"")\
    4. Click the ""Startup"" tab. Click ""Open Task Manager.""

A list will be generated of all the applications you have set to start when Windows first boots up. Right-click on these applications one by one and select ""Disable."" Once completed, click ""Ok"" to save your changes. You will then be prompted to reboot your PC. Once you return to Windows, try connecting again.

Once you return to Windows, use the following instructions to clean up Winsock entries:

1. Click the ""Start"" button to bring up the Start Menu.
    2. Type in CMD into the ""Search programs and files"" field but do not hit enter. Doing this will change your start menu to show the program ""cmd.exe.""
    3. Right-click on ""cmd.exe"" and select ""Run as Administrator.""
    4. Type ""netsh winsock show catalog >C:\LSP.txt"" without the quotes. This will save a file to the root of your C drive called LSP.txt. Please attach that file to this ticket. (We would like this report even if the issue is resolved)
    5. Once complete, type ""netsh winsock reset"" without the quotes. When the command is completed successfully, a confirmation appears, followed by a new command prompt line.

Once completed, please try running again by ""right-clicking"" on "".exe"" and selecting ""Run as Administrator.""

Should this not resolve the issue for you, could you please provide us with an updated Hijack This report so that we have the most up to date information regarding your system since these changes were made?

Regards,

Xela
    NCSOFT Support Team

Octavia8477 Thursday at 18:55

Hello again team. Ok so heres a copy of both files for you i hope this help. now am i able to try playing the game now or wait for you guys to see if theres a problume still? 
    Kindest regards Reto.

Octavia8477 Thursday at 19:05

Hi there Team sorry to bug you just a quick update iive tryed to unistall and reloanload and install the game but am still getting the blue screens and lock up of the pc

Xela Thursday at 20:50
    Hello,

As a way to try and resolve this I'd like for you to run the Windows System File Checker using the steps below.

1. Click on the Start menu, choose All Programs, then Accessories, then right-click on the Command Prompt item and select Run as administrator

2. Click Continue to authorize opening a command prompt with administrative privileges

3. Run this command in the cmd prompt: sfc /scannow

4. The cmd prompt should list text stating ""Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.""

5. Wait for the scan to complete (this can take several minutes so be patient). This command will scan all protected system files and replace incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions

6. When the scan completes, the SFC tool will indicate whether or not it found any problems and whether or not it was able to fix them.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Xela
    NCSOFT Support Team

Octavia8477 Thursday at 21:11

Hi there again Team. Ok ive run the scan and the scan show nothing wrong or that theres nothing needing fixing so what do i do now, im getting a little frustated that i cant play the game im paying good money for. Please find a pic of the scan attached. 
    kindest regards Retro.

Xela Thursday at 23:13
    Hello,

We understand how frustrating it is. Allow us to have a better understanding of the issue you are currently experiencing by getting more information about your system's hardware. There is a free program called Speccy that will create a detailed report about your computer’s components which can help me diagnose the cause of this issue.

To install and run Speccy, please use the following instructions:

1. Download Speccy from this link: http://www.piriform.com/speccy/download/standard

2. Once downloaded, double click executable to start the installation process. NOTE - Before moving on to step 3 please log into the game and then all the way into a character if possible. (You may need to ALT +Tab to get back to your desktop if the game is being run in fullscreen mode.)

3. Once completed, double click the “Speccy” icon on your desktop.

4. Once loaded, please click “File” then “Save Snapshot.”
      a. Note: If this option is grayed out, Speccy is still gathering the required information. Allow it a few moments to complete this process.

5. Save this file to your desktop.

At this point, Speccy will begin generating the report. This will take a few minutes while it compiles all of the data that you just specified. Once completed, please update your ticket with the report.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any additional issues, questions or concerns.

Xela
    NCSOFT Support Team

Octavia8477 Thursday at 23:33

Hello there Team and thank you for the reply back. Ok so heres a Txt doc from spicc, i cant seem to get a screen shot of the game as it blue screens my pc atfer putting in my password and it trys to launch the game so i hope this helps. 
    Kindest regards Retro

Brandon Friday at 01:28
    Hello there,

Thanks for getting back to us.

It is possible that your user account may possibly be corrupted and so I would like to see if this issue persists on a new Windows User Account. To create a new User Account please follow the steps outlined in the Microsoft KB article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ph/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Should you have any additional questions please don't hesitate to let us know.

Cheers,

Brandon
    NCSOFT Support Team

Octavia8477 Friday at 02:05

Hi again Team. ok so i tryed a new account and set its a admin on the systom then tryed to run the game again but still the same thing is happening the launcher open's i put in my password its trys to run the game but blue screen's and give me the error message Critcal_Prosess_Died the PC needs to restart. 
    welp hope to hear back from you guys so 
    Kindest regards Retro

Brandon Friday at 04:37
    Hello there,

Thank you for getting back with us and for the continued cooperation. Upon checking your Dxdiag Report, it seems that your GPU drivers are not up to date.

The most common cause of this issue is simply outdated GPU (video card) drivers. Please use the links below to update those drivers using your cards automatic update tool. Please note, if you have a laptop with dual GPU's, such as Nvidia's Optimus which have an Intel and an Nvidia or an Intel and an AMD, you must update both sets of drivers. Updating only one set will not resolve your issue.

First, make sure your Intel drivers are up to date using this link: Intel Autodetect: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx?lang=eng

Once you have this updated, please update your more powerful 3D card using one of the two links below (Depending on which you own)

AMD autodetect: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/auto_detect.aspx
    Nvidia Autodetect: http://www.geforce.com/drivers (Click “Auto-Detect your GPU”)

Should this not resolve the issue for you, could you please provide us with an updated DxDiag report so that we have the most updated information regarding your system since those changes were made?

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any additional issues, questions or concerns.

Brandon
    NCSOFT Support Team

Octavia8477 Friday at 05:06

Hi there again Team and im so sorry to be such a pain in the butt. Ok so heres the new updated drivers you linked in your last message. please find attchments below. 
    Also can i juust say ive neva had a problem running the game untill this patch. 
    Well hope to hear from you very soon 
    Kindest regards Retro

Octavia8477 Friday at 05:07

Sorry theres the GPU drivers

Brandon Friday at 07:09
    Hello,

No worries, support is here for your concerns and issues. We thank you for your cooperation with us in fixing this issue.

For now, I would like you to try an advanced repair of the BnS game client. To do this:

1. Browse to your BnS folder (default: C:\Program Files (x86)\NCsoft\BnS)
    2. Locate and delete the folders "bin" and "bin64" . 

After doing this, please try a repair of the game installation. To do this, start the launcher by double clicking NCSOFT on your desktop. If you have not set the launcher to stop automatically starting the game, NCSOFT will automatically open. Go ahead and close the game client once it's loaded and return to the launcher.

1. Click "Settings."

2. Click "No" for the option "Start game automatically."

3. Click "Confirm."

Once completed, click "File Repair" and allow the repair process to complete. Then try again running the game and see if this would fix the issue.

Regards,

Brandon
    NCSOFT Support Team

Octavia8477 Friday at 13:27

Hi there Team. Ok so i did the set of instructions in the last email and managed to get into the game for all of 5 minis befor it crashed again but this time i got an error code Cliant (4041 (21). also i noticed this just after i tryed to open task manager by using the CTRL+ALT+Delet keys. 
    but in saying that, thats the first time ive been able to get into the game since the patch. 
    Well hope to hear bacck from you soon as to what to do next to try fix this. 
    Kindest regards Retro

Xela Friday at 17:21
    Hello,

We have received your message and will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,

Xela
    NCSOFT Support Team

Octavia8477 Friday at 19:48

Hi there Team Just checking in to see if yous had found out whats crashing the PC yet? If so ide really love to hear back from yous as its been almost 48 hours and no fixes yet. Also im down that time for the event and on my sub so its annoying me more in that respect so i hope i can get some kinda compecation for the down time. 
    Anyways hope to hear from yous very soon and Kindest regards 
    Retro.

Xela Friday at 22:31
    Hello,

Allow us to investigate further in this issue.

As of now, we would like to ask for your understanding in this matter. 

Rest assured that we will get back to you as soon as possible. 

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards, 

Xela
    NCSOFT Support Team

Octavia8477 Friday at 22:57

Hi there Xela and yeah no problumes at all im just worryed about missing out on the even and the AP Diamonds is all and not being able to play the game since the patch is very frustrating. But anyways i hope to hear back from yous soon with a fix for me. 
    Kindest regards Retro

Brandon Yesterday at 01:12
    Hello there,

Once again, thank you for your patience and cooperation with us. We do hope that we could find the cause of this and we will get back to you as soon as we have new information for you.

Best Regards,

Brandon
    NCSOFT Support Team

Brandon Yesterday at 06:37
    Hello there,

Thank you for you patience. As another workaround, we would like you to try rolling back your drivers to the previous version. You may want to visit Nvidia's official website "http://www.geforce.com/" on how to roll back drivers.

As of now, we are trying to find a solution for you. We do hope that this workaround may improve and solve your issue.

We look forward cooperating with you again and hearing your updates.

Best Regards,

Brandon
    NCSOFT Support Team

Octavia8477 Yesterday at 13:54

Hi there Team. Ok so ive rolled back the driver to 376.19 - WHQL witch is the version befor 376.33 and am still blue screening. to be honist i really dont thing its my PC's soft or hard ware seeing as the game worked 100% fine befor this patch, And it sees the same for many in your Forum atm so im no longer gonna be altering drivers and such in the hope that it fixes it as this is most likly causing damage to my Pc evry time it BSOD. So can you please fix your patch and get back to me. 
    Kindest regards Retro.

Octavia8477 Yesterday at 14:16

Hi guys theres sre the driver i rolled back to

Octavia8477 Yesterday at 14:26

Ok team ive reinstalled the newest driver back on the PC. Heres a list of drivers from Nvidia so if theres a set you wish for me to try please pick one and ill give it a shot. 
    Kindeast regards Reto.

Octavia8477 Yesterday at 15:06

Hi guys ive just tryed this version of drivers and its still BSOD'ing and locking up the Pc.

Xela Yesterday at 16:58
    Hello there,

We would like to apologize if this may take a while before we resolve this issue,

As of now, please bear with us while we investigate further and we will update you once we find another solution that can possibly help you.

Regards,

Xela
    NCSOFT Support Team

Octavia8477 Today at 14:10

Hi there Team, Just wondering if there was any update on my crash issuse at all? please ide love to hear back from you as its been 21 hours since we last spoke. 
    Kindest regards Retro

Edited by OctaviaChan

Octaviachan, If you have recently upgraded any version of windows to a newer version, i HIGHLY recommend reformatting your computer and doing a fresh install of a new OS. If the matter persists, then disable your antivirus and that will get the game to work. The issue i had (and fixed seemingly) is due to a profile corruption within my updated version of windows 10.

Hopefully this solves your issue as it is how i was able to fix my BnS

GL!