1-week Free premium reward upon subscription of newsletter got REMOVED secretly?

FrozenB

As the title stated, they removed the 1 week free premium reward secretly without making any announcements. In fact, I didn't even know that they give out 1-week free premium upon subscribing the newsletter until my clan-mate told me about it in the game. Such a bad game management by the GM.

Did they ever make an announcement/post about this reward anywhere in the official website since the beginning of the game? I started to play this game back in June 2016 and never saw any posts about it.

Think you are getting things mixed up, unless you are taking about something different that i was never aware of. 
Long time ago they said they were going to give some rewards away for people who signed up to the newslettter before certain date. Rewards included 7 day premium, and a black penguin pet and some other stuff i think. Was a one time thing only for people who singed up for it before that date. So if you signed up after that date, as far as i know, you were not supposed to get a 7 day prem for free, no.

Was mentioned here: http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/blade-soul-producers-letter/ 

" Also you’ll want to make sure you’re subscribed to our Newsletter, as we’re going to be sending a thank you package to all of our Newsletter subscribers toward the end of June. "

They also mentioned in on their stream. And that was it. A one time thing. Not everytime a new account subscribed to the newsletter.

There have been multiple rewards given to players who subscribed to the newsletter over time ~

As long as you were sub'd to the newsletter at the relevant times, you didn't really even need to read it to get the stuffs.

All the associated rewards were available on your ncsoft account management page under the "apply a code" B&S section.

That being said tough, i'd be quite surprised if they didn't have a limit on how long you could wait before redeeming them since they were tied to significant events.

The 1 week vip & pet code specifically was tied to the soul fighter release, so if you're trying to sub now and get it, you're likely out of luck.

That being said tough, at the start of the patch preview stream last week they did announce another newsletter related reward coming up along with the anniversary so you'd prolly wanna stay sub'd if that's all you're after ~

44 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

As the title stated, they removed the 1 week free premium reward secretly without making any announcements. In fact, I didn't even know that they give out 1-week free premium upon subscribing the newsletter until my clan-mate told me about it in the game. Such a bad game management by the GM.

Sooo you basically 

- heard a rumor that there was a free promotional deal for subbing to the newsletter ~

- then found no evidence to support this claim

- proceeded to sub and didn't receive the rumored gift that you found no evidence of

And still instead of questioning the validity of the rumor you're instead displeased with ncsoft for the result of all this .-.

Verily your reaction is most unexpected ~

1 hour ago, FrozenB said:

Did they ever make an announcement/post about this reward anywhere in the official website since the beginning of the game? I started to play this game back in June 2016 and never saw any posts about it.

The 1-week premium never was there. Only some people got 1-week premium as a welcome back gift after being away 3 months or so and being subscribed to the news letter. Either your clan mate didn't read the letter that he got (or he never got the letter but got the reward on his account like it happens to me that I never receive the news letters that tell me I got something) or he bought something else (like the student pack) without realizing that it gave him 1-week premium.

Okay. Fine. I didn't get the 1 week premium because the event was over. I was mis-leaded last time.

However, for this anniversary event, I opt-ed in again for the newsletter. However, I still didn't get the premium and gift. I sent the ticket and they said that I didn't meet the requirements because I was opted out from newsletter ONCE before. Even I opt-ed in again for newsletter, I am not eligible for any code for this event. Also, this implies that my account will never ever get any codes from the newsletter subscription events in the future as well. Basically, I am screwed in this game.

I just want to say what the fk is this kind of rule for subscribing the newsletter? It is not like the players can abuse or exploit with this kind of code.

For the people who mistakely delete items of golds in the game. They can instantly fix it and give the stuff back to players. They can even revert your legendary stuff back to HM path. Why would they keep me out from the reward just so that I opted out from newsletter once before?

Why did you even unsubscribed in the first place? Not that they send mail every day right? They make the rules who gets rewards and who not. If they say "You unsubscribe once, you wount get rewards" then thats how it is. No need to blame them for making the rules, but yourself for unsubscribing in the first place.

Sorry bro, its your own mistake there.

5 minutes ago, NightFer said:

Why did you even unsubscribed in the first place? Not that they send mail every day right? They make the rules who gets rewards and who not. If they say "You unsubscribe once, you wount get rewards" then thats how it is. No need to blame them for making the rules, but yourself for unsubscribing in the first place.

Sorry bro, its your own mistake there.

I was not unsubscribed. I was trying to get the free premium reward from last event. Since I didn't get the code, I was playing around the subscription event button in the account setting and refreshed the browser several times to see if it helped or not. (Probably i left it un-ticked on subscription newsletter button when I gave up trying.) How the hell did I even know that I am not allowed to un-tick the subscription button ONCE?

As I stated in my posts, first of all, I didn't know that I shouldn't un-tick the subscription button. Secondly, even if it is my mistake, why wouldn't they just add me back to the mailing system and give me the reward? I don't think it is harder than restoring items for player who deleted item or upgrade their weapon in wrong path by mistake?

In addition, it is my mistake to unsubscribing the newsletter that lead to no reward. What about their mistakes in the updates? (degrading my legendary ring, accidentally boosting some of the accessories stats, not fixing F2 as intended, etc?) 

5 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

In addition, it is my mistake to unsubscribing the newsletter that lead to no reward. What about their mistakes in the updates? (degrading my legendary ring, accidentally boosting some of the accessories stats, not fixing F2 as intended, etc?) 

Those things will get fixed really soon because the files were not intended for our region in the first place. Once they sort out which files they need to change (instead of rolling back the whole game a day back to the previous stage) it will be back to normal. Different regions have different stats for all the items/dungeons even with the legendaries.

About the F2 I see no problem with it. They said they will fix the elemental accessories crashing the whole character page and they did fixed that. The other bugs showed up now which was expected.

13 minutes ago, NightFer said:

Those things will get fixed really soon because the files were not intended for our region in the first place. Once they sort out which files they need to change (instead of rolling back the whole game a day back to the previous stage) it will be back to normal. Different regions have different stats for all the items/dungeons even with the legendaries.

About the F2 I see no problem with it. They said they will fix the elemental accessories crashing the whole character page and they did fixed that. The other bugs showed up now which was expected.

It is their job to ensure that the patch is bug-free before they implement these changes to the game. That's why they often need several weeks to prepare the patch before implement into the game. So, it is their mistakes. In fact, the elemental accessories was also a bug from the patch back in December, which was also their mistake. However, they took a whole month to fix it.

I am not blaming NCsoft for making mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes, including me. That's why my question is why they exclude me from the mailing system forever without trying to fix it for me or at least tell me how to fix it? If their response is like "Okay, since you unsubscribed once before, you were not in the email system. Now, I will put your email address back to the system so that you will eligible for future events." If they give me this kind of response, I wouldn't be so mad. Instead they responded like "Since you unsubscribed once before, you are not eligible for the newsletter subscription event code. I hope you understand it." 

3 hours ago, FrozenB said:

"Since you unsubscribed once before, you are not eligible for the newsletter subscription event code. I hope you understand it." 

To be honest I don't really understand this kind of rule which is nowhere to be seen(?). This is the first time I hear about such feature and I think that is incredibly unforgiving and punishing and not welcoming at all. It should be understandable that if a player cannot or doesn't want to play at some point and doesn't want to get "spam" messages from a game at that point they should be allowed to unsubscribe. If they decide to come back later and subscribe for codes they should be allowed to do so because in all seriousness the player won't get 50 rewards for spamming subscribe-unsubscribe repeatedly anyway.

On 1/15/2017 at 4:43 PM, FrozenB said:

NCSoft is not very notification friendly and have on more than one occasion dropped the ball (into the deep dark abyss) introducing and taking away features without warning their playerbase. I tend to rely on that 4-panel notification pane when I log on but learned quickly that it is not that reliable. Costumes for example come and go without warning lol.

If you're like me you want quick and accurate info and not spend an afternoon reading up on updates or bugs through forums, twitter, FB..and yuck. They are getting better though. Sorry for the loss :/

Archived