Alice Outfit

JakeBlonder

I am really happy that we all get the Contestcostume in a few days , but i would be much happier if i can use it on 2 or 3 of my characters and i would pay for that extra outfits on the Cashshop or Hongmoonshop too. My Question is are there more people than me who are interessted in getting another one of this ?

I'm a little disappointed because if I remember right, the original entry had a fairly awesome queen of hearts variant for female gons that didn't get adapted, and only lyns got a variant. They specifically asked for racial variant designs on entries and then skipped out on actually doing some of them. 

Chances are they'll probably bring it back in some fashion later on like a few of the past non-seasonal event outfits. (Like the outfits you could buy with those tokens from that one daily dash) 

I took it upon myself to track down the contest entry image: 

1st-Place-Winner-Yin-Kuoi.jpg

From here: http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/costume-design-contest-winners/

If anyone has some screencaps of the final outfit to post for comparison that might be handy. but it does seem like they might have skimped out a bit. 

I don't remember the male outfits having any of those differences, for example. 

1 hour ago, Cesura said:

I took it upon myself to track down the contest entry image: 

1st-Place-Winner-Yin-Kuoi.jpg

From here: http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/costume-design-contest-winners/

If anyone has some screencaps of the final outfit to post for comparison that might be handy. but it does seem like they might have skimped out a bit. 

I don't remember the male outfits having any of those differences, for example. 

Here is the actual designs http://imgur.com/a/uKaZI

Yikes, yeah. The designs didn't translate. Mostly because they used one of the many designs and didn't use them all. I'd be fine with that if the design actually looked better on all races but it only looks decent on the Jin. 

Maybe i am one of the people who liked it much because i want the male costumes , instead of the female ones.

10 hours ago, Cesura said:

Chances are they'll probably bring it back in some fashion later on like a few of the past non-seasonal event outfits. (Like the outfits you could buy with those tokens from that one daily dash) 

That could be true , sad that i will last severell months than for sure.

It's sad that they didn't even let the community decide (like in other regions) and then they made it an easy job to use just the Jin version for Gon and Kun/Yun. Very poor choice.

Kind feel sorry for the artist and his time creating this outfit.

4 hours ago, TomoviBritannia said:

Yikes, yeah. The designs didn't translate. Mostly because they used one of the many designs and didn't use them all. I'd be fine with that if the design actually looked better on all races but it only looks decent on the Jin. 

So the only gave Lyns the variants, and then added a cat costume to top it off. Blatant lyn favoritism! 

Seriously though. 

It's a damn shame that the Jin female one was the template. because comparing the model and the original, the thing that looks awkward is the breast part especially with a larger chest which is why the gon looks so wonky. if they were gonna copy paste the model across 3 races, the yun one probably would have worked better on all 3. 

That said, yeah this was a real disservice to the artist and the contest as a whole because they specifically ASKED for a unique design for each race as a judging criteria, and they clearly picked this outfit BECAUSE it had great fitting variations on each race/gender combo... and they didn't follow through. I hope they finish the last 3 models for Yun and Gon and patch it in or something.

(Before someone calls me out on it, yes, I'm whiny over a free outfit. I'd prefer the gon varients for my gon rather than the scaled up Jin ones, but eh. ) 

I actually think the outfits looks pretty cool, but I agree its a bit offensive for the artist who put a lot of work on this costume to ignore variants...

I don't know guys... I think it would be great if they launch a 2nd version for races who didn't get the variant, while not replacing this version. I actually like a lot more the Jin version on the races, but it would be nice to see the others too.

Coming back to the topic: Yes, I want it too in at least 2 characters... one for my Yun, and other for my Lyn. Would be cool to have more, even if you pay for it, but hey, its free and really cute.

There were alot of speculations during the time when the winner was announced that it's plagiarized so perhaps they made certain changes to keep it "original". They never said that they will literally take the winner costume but make somewhat the costume with some possible changes that is possible within the reach of sane modeling. Also it wasn't sure that hairstyles or adornments would be added in but this time they did decide to give us the cool looking hair. ^^

cool! so how can we get it? i can't find the source for this! i was disappointed that the designer wanted a twinpigtail style hair for jin, i like the ponytail design more! now i'm glad that NCsoft chose the ponytail for everyone! yayyy

4 hours ago, Naeza said:

cool! so how can we get it? i can't find the source for this! i was disappointed that the designer wanted a twinpigtail style hair for jin, i like the ponytail design more! now i'm glad that NCsoft chose the ponytail for everyone! yayyy

it's in the one per account box you get from the event coming up. 

Archived