Login Failed (42)

MangoMHF

So its happening again for me idk if anyone else getting this error

f67ba60d8f355290b71726de69274ed8https://gyazo.com/f67ba60d8f355290b71726de69274ed8

i've been trying to get since yesturday's maintenance but it keeps showing the same thing it happend back then in the halloween event and i wasn't able to join until it ended , I Live in the United Arab Emirates if that helps

22 hours ago, thekingtoonboy said:

So its happening again for me idk if anyone else getting this error

f67ba60d8f355290b71726de69274ed8https://gyazo.com/f67ba60d8f355290b71726de69274ed8

i've been trying to get since yesturday's maintenance but it keeps showing the same thing it happend back then in the halloween event and i wasn't able to join until it ended , I Live in the United Arab Emirates if that helps

Yes, same here! I live in UAE as well.

Maybe the same issue from halloween time is back... -_-

I'm from the UAE as well, and I'm encountering this error too.

I've contacted the support team and they said that my ISP, (Etisalat), may have blocked certain ports required to play the game.

With that being said, please try contacting your ISP and tell them to unblock the following ports:-

I wish you all the best.

Regards,

~ Yours Truly

i have contacted etisalat and asked them about this since i am having the same issue, and they  told me that they are having a game outage or something and they have sent this problem to the concern section and this will be fixed soon . 

i hope its soon . 

Hello, this bug just came back as always, and now I can't login, it started right after I was disconnected while trying to enter a dungeon through F8, I was in the loading screen and got disconnected, probably due to my low spec laptop but I want to know if this problem is only happening to me or that I may have been the reason that started it all over again, and I do hope it gets fixed somehow...

EDIT: I didn't notice that the previous thread was still active.

Here's a tip to anyone getting the Login Failed (42) error.

In the past, atleast for me, I've noticed that this can occur due to many failed logins, which then causes either your ip address or that current account to be blocked for a certain amount of time. An easy way I found to fix this, was to login on ncsoft, change your password (Make sure there are no spaces), and then login. Every single time it has worked perfectly fine for me, and has always 100% fixed the issue.

1 hour ago, Las Plagas said:

EVERYONE!

Try visiting this link if it could be of any use (its about the previous error occurrence too)

When that happened we couldn't do anything if I remember well, in the end it was up to NCSOFT to fix it! 

The Unscheduled Maintenance has ended and I still can't login, that means the error that I'm talking about is probably the same one that's been happening all around the UAE the last couple of months, since I live there..

I contacted them and this was their response.

Hello,

After fully investigating this issue we have found that it is specific to your ISP Emirates Telecommunications Corporation and not caused by our game blocking the UAE region from access. We can only suggest that you personally contact your provider's support and provide them with the same troubleshooting information that you have provided to us. They should be able to provide you with additional information regarding this issue. Below are links for their support site:

http://www.etisalat.ae/nrd/en/generic/chatpage.jsp

http://support.etisalat.ae/en/contact-us/support-contact-us.jsp#

You should also provide them with the ports needed to play Blade and Soul so that they can make sure they are not blocking any of the required ports. For your reference, I have provided the ports needed to play Blade and Soul below:

Again, we thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,

Kyohi

NCSOFT Support Team

Archived