Suggestion on DoT build for Summoner - Make the class even more ping-friendly

Alysha Hawkeye

Summoner can be arguably the most ping-friendly class due to its simple rotation. However, even the class suffers from high ping. A low-ping Summoner deals like x1.5 damage compared to a high-ping one, regardless of build, due to the speed difference in skill execution.

Though most of its DPS come from weaving Rosethorn+Sunflower/Rumblebee, there are a significant damage contribution comes from DoT, especially when you have high ping. DoT deals damage regardless of ping.

For example, I have 770AP and 8-set legendary, but has 200+ ping. Here is my DPS on Arcimor. A good amount of damage comes from multiple Flying Nettle patches that I threw with reset from legendary and Soulburn. No complain here, cuz I know low-ping Summoner deal x1.5 damage with stronger Sunflower damage contribution.

lKozPCE.jpg

Back to the topic, if you take a look on Rumblebee, you will see Stage 2 being a DoT skill which is used mainly for F9 PvP. It is rare to see Summoners use it, however, and it is pretty much unfavorable in PvE and 6v6 due to low damage. 

I think it would benefit high-ping players if it can be changed into a stackable PvE DoT skill with high damage capacity. Summoner's rotation would revolve around building up the stack as high as possible, and let the server handles the damage calculation, thus less reliance on ping. Would prefer it to be an Earth build (not necessary to be Rumblebee, might as well just a variant of somekind of poisonous flower), in order to combine with DoT damage from Flying Nettle, Thorn Strike and Weed Whack.

Its weakness would be, however, against boss that you need to rush DPS (SSP bosses, for example) - you need time to build up its potential, or bosses have self-debuff-cleaning mechanic, like second form of Jinsoyun in Heaven's Mandate or Mushin -  you need to rebuild the stack again.

An example how the build works (well, just an example):

-Rosethorn - Earth Element: +3 focus per critical hit. Same old Rosethorn

-Lily-of-the-Valley - Earth Element - single target (or whatever flower you like) - 5 focus: cause a stackable strong DoT with 4s of duration and 3s cooldown. HM version makes it a stronger DoT with 5s duration, making it easier to stack the thing up. The more stack, the more damage per tick it causes. .

-Awakened Lily: 3 focus cost, still add one stack, but has no cooldown and is spamable.

-Flying Nettle: refresh Lily cooldown.

-Petal Storm Toss - Earth Element: add one stack of Lily per Petal tick (5 tick in total).

-Enhanced Seed Shroud: refresh Lily cooldown and the next Lily adds three stacks. Awakened Lily gives 5 stacks

With the build, the longer the boss fight, the more stack you get, and you can stack it infinitely. Eventually, you can become top DPSer if a fight occur over 5 minutes, provided you don't fail refreshing the tick or bosses do not reset the debuff themselves.

Pros:

-Least ping reliance.

-Strong in long fight.

Cons:

-Hardly useful in short fight.

i have 745 ap and do damage like 600 ap becuse that fk ping is over 200 and my ping to frankfurt 70/90 why in game 200/300 ?

and the ppl say when we start the game destroyer and sumonner the 2 classes dont need low ping now i play with Assasin 665 Ap and do damage like my main sumonner or even better and sin need good ping like all say . wtf this game

Archived