New to warlock

sephy Kun

Hello i main a FM and decided to try out a WL. I'm level 26 atm and the playstyle seems vastly different than when i was playing FM 

Pve seems a bit more complicated as a WL

I'm running a shadow build and it seems easier and faster than a frost build but i still need some tips :3

Warlock is more of an endgame class. It's terribly weak and slow in beginning. Honestly, Warlock is the only class I enjoy but I would never recommend it for new players.

In pvp, I don't think this class is possible at early levels, especially without its TAB skill unlocked at level 45, Soulburn, obliterate, and Time Distortion.

Grinding as Warlock

Warlock is the best for few things, AoE damage is one of them so use it to your advantage:

1. slap some paper to a few mob: around 3~7, know your limit.

2. Find a way to group them into one spot

a. Buff up your Z then quickly Summon thrall with its Vaccum (Gravity Well)

b. Have mobs approach you in one direction, use Repulse (F) and push them all into a single spot.

c. Cast a cc (X - group knock down) or AoE snare (2 first left tree) - be sure to stay on circle (5m) or they'll glitch out and reset their HP - they're snared and at 5m they won't bite you.

3. Execute the group of mob with your skills. If you use Ice build, the knock down give you 2s enough for a dragoncall and a quick V, or Imprison (3) should those two skills are on cool down. Use RMB (3rd tree from the left) and mow down any survivor. If you use the group snare, it should give you 5~8s to do whatever you want.

• 1 month later...

I`ll hijack this to add my own noob question ...

My Warlock (40) recently started to get some kind of buff, but I have no clue what triggers it nor what it really does.

She`d start to display some kind of after-image when moving, similar to the visuals from Bastion, just yellow. It`s quite brief, only up for two or three seconds.

I think it adds speed, but don`t really know.

Any enlightenment would be appreciated, thx!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your reply Jaesun.
Getting a screenshot is a bit tricky here, the effect is brief and I play afk with a gamepad ;)

Tbh. I don`t even know what SS means, I am quite a noob.
Siphon maybe? At the end of my last session I thought the effect might come from "leech", so that could be it. Will keep an eye on that.

Ah, thanks for clarifying ss ... in that case, no, I don`t think that`s the effect I mentioned, but will test it next time to be sure.

Gamepad ... not hardcore to me, it works very smooth. But it makes it difficult to read up on the game, because of course everyone is always referencing k+m inputs.

I`d own a wheel as well, don`t give me ideas ;)

Archived