slowcow

This game... I can't even...

slowcow   

Okei so I am fully aware this game is all about the grind. I am completly okei with this. What I am not okei however, is when a game completly halts you from progressing any further at lower levels. I am level 50, STILL stuck with true infernal (that puts me at 300 AP at level 50 ...). And I simply can not progress. I have been farming my butt off for 2 days for those profane chests! I have 7-10 of EVERY SINGLE WEAPON, except ofcourse the one I need. WHAT?!?!! I have burned all my keys and I was even forced to buy 100 more keys from market (mind you I am new so this cost me pretty much all my gold). And I still don't have the weapon! 

I am sure I am not the only one who has been at this stage. For most people this is the breaking point and I would assume the game has lost quite a few players to this issue alone. NCsoft please fix this joke ... luckily I am persistant. Now I know ya all gonna jump me saying "wait till you get further it's only going to get worse", yes I am sure it will. HOWEVER at later stage you will still make money at least, what ever you are farming. Farming profane boss for the weapon nets you absolutely nothing, but rather loss (if you have to buy more keys).

Second, I have done pretty substantial research on the game and I am aware of things to come (well sort of) and I have to say it's much too overwhelming. I kind of wish I didn't research stuff at all and just went with the game and minding my own business. This is, this game tells you absolutely nothing when it comes to SS fusing and professions. 2 seemingly important things. Overall it feels like this game lacks tutorials and guidances. I am still very new but luckily I know my way around Google!

I like this game, great combat. Looking at youtube vids I can see the dungeons are all about mechanics which is very nice. HOWEVER I can also see why this game is not doing as well as one would except. The power cap is HUGE. Now I am not claiming this game to be p2w, it's defenetly not that, how ever it is largely pay to progress. When new players reach 50 and finish their story, they are put into this limbo, where the progression is insanely slow, they can not attend most of the content due to their poor AP so I can see how all this can be very off putting for a large amount of players. And it doesen't help that a large amount of vets are like "650+ ap or get out of my face" attitude. I have not experienced that myself yet due to still being just fresh lv50, however just reading forums, watching streams, youtube, all that gives me a pretty clear picture of how things are in this game. So to sum up, very harsh game for a beginner. Good challenge though. But can see why the game is not doing so great.

Shukran   

Okei so I am fully aware this game is all about the grind

nice

I am completly okei with this

very nice

What I am not okei however, is when a game completly halts you from progressing any further at lower levels. I am level 50, STILL stuck with true infernal (that puts me at 300 AP at level 50 ...). And I simply can not progress. I have been farming my butt off for 2 days for those profane chests! I have 7-10 of EVERY SINGLE WEAPON, except ofcourse the one I need. WHAT?!?!! I have burned all my keys and I was even forced to buy 100 more keys from market (mind you I am new so this cost me pretty much all my gold). And I still don't have the weapon! 

come onnnn u were so closeee...

ah nvm.

I like this game, great combat. Looking at youtube vids I can see the dungeons are all about mechanics which is very nice. HOWEVER I can also see why this game is not doing as well as one would except. The power cap is HUGE. Now I am not claiming this game to be p2w, it's defenetly not that, how ever it is largely pay to progress.

but..but...your first sentence...u said...

uff..

hands down.

codeaxis   

Yes this game is grind heavy and caters alot to p2A types and the rng is atrocious and is severely unfriendly to having alts and also yes the power gap is massive and the elitist mentality is like sprinkled all throughout the community.

Yeah I pretty much repeated what you said.........

Not much else to say

Viblo   

The RNG is annoying, indeed. If I'm not mistaken however, you should have been given your weapon through either the main story or the surveys asking you for your opinions ingame.

slowcow   
22 minutes ago, Viblo said:

The RNG is annoying, indeed. If I'm not mistaken however, you should have been given your weapon through either the main story or the surveys asking you for your opinions ingame.

There is one weapon everyone has to farm, it's either huji or profane, since you only get one key to open either one of those chests.

codeaxis   
12 minutes ago, slowcow said:

There is one weapon everyone has to farm, it's either huji or profane, since you only get one key to open either one of those chests.

Pretty much this but you missed one.
The 3 worst weapon boxes are Hujikar, Jianshi and Brightstone Ruins.
I could add Siren/Pirate but those aren't as bad iirc (When they were a thing)

1 hour ago, slowcow said:

Okei so I am fully aware this game is all about the grind. I am completly okei with this. What I am not okei however, is when a game completly halts you from progressing any further at lower levels. I am level 50, STILL stuck with true infernal (that puts me at 300 AP at level 50 ...). And I simply can not progress. I have been farming my butt off for 2 days for those profane chests! I have 7-10 of EVERY SINGLE WEAPON, except ofcourse the one I need. WHAT?!?!! I have burned all my keys and I was even forced to buy 100 more keys from market (mind you I am new so this cost me pretty much all my gold). And I still don't have the weapon! 

I am sure I am not the only one who has been at this stage. For most people this is the breaking point and I would assume the game has lost quite a few players to this issue alone. NCsoft please fix this joke ... luckily I am persistant. Now I know ya all gonna jump me saying "wait till you get further it's only going to get worse", yes I am sure it will. HOWEVER at later stage you will still make money at least, what ever you are farming. Farming profane boss for the weapon nets you absolutely nothing, but rather loss (if you have to buy more keys).

Second, I have done pretty substantial research on the game and I am aware of things to come (well sort of) and I have to say it's much too overwhelming. I kind of wish I didn't research stuff at all and just went with the game and minding my own business. This is, this game tells you absolutely nothing when it comes to SS fusing and professions. 2 seemingly important things. Overall it feels like this game lacks tutorials and guidances. I am still very new but luckily I know my way around Google!

I like this game, great combat. Looking at youtube vids I can see the dungeons are all about mechanics which is very nice. HOWEVER I can also see why this game is not doing as well as one would except. The power cap is HUGE. Now I am not claiming this game to be p2w, it's defenetly not that, how ever it is largely pay to progress. When new players reach 50 and finish their story, they are put into this limbo, where the progression is insanely slow, they can not attend most of the content due to their poor AP so I can see how all this can be very off putting for a large amount of players. And it doesen't help that a large amount of vets are like "650+ ap or get out of my face" attitude. I have not experienced that myself yet due to still being just fresh lv50, however just reading forums, watching streams, youtube, all that gives me a pretty clear picture of how things are in this game. So to sum up, very harsh game for a beginner. Good challenge though. But can see why the game is not doing so great.

Alright & thanks for responding. The game has been in development for quite some time; they're still a few perks that need to be worked out, in terms of the quality it's actually out standing. When you want to progress in these times of experience heavy work time content exploration it requires a repeating sequence of stable leveling. It really is just doing the same thing over & over again even if it's simple dailies. It's actually where the progress is, then will you get to advance into further new areas.

Raizou   
1 hour ago, codeaxis said:

The 3 worst weapon boxes are Hujikar, Jianshi and Brightstone Ruins.

Now you can get your brightstone class weapon through a story quest in Misty Woods. But yes, the other two weapon boxes are very annoying for a new player, especially when you havent much gold to buy another sparkling key or the essences for the wheel.

slowcow   

This game has come a long way in a year. Level 1-hm5 is just a tutorial now, just quest till your eyes bleed. The game doesen't really start once you're done with storyline.

It took me roughly 8 hours of my time to farm that profane weapon, burned around 150 keys... 

In any other case that would've been fine. However since this is happening so early into the game, it's an issue. Not only do new players have very limited amout of keys, they also have very limited currency - they simply can not just go and buy keys like that.

NightFer   

Ok, let me give you a word of advice that is coming from a veteran player: use your key on jianshi weapon box and farm brightstone and hujikar (those are easily soloable with not much AP). Brightstone if you get lucky you will get lots of gold from farming it.

It just tears. From the text I realized that the author cannot get 1 weapon and somehow he got level 50 with a 35 lvl weapon. 

it is very difficult to believe that from 50  ( approximately 15-25 porafan kills) boxes you don't got anything.

59 minutes ago, MorganClaus said:

It just tears. From the text I realized that the author cannot get 1 weapon and somehow he got level 50 with a 35 lvl weapon. 

it is very difficult to believe that from 50  ( approximately 15-25 porafan kills) boxes you don't got anything.

Trust me it does.... got my weapon just today, had to buy 50 extra keys and started with 40, you do the easy math. Not to think about the amount to kill to just get the Locked Weapon Box.... which also was the WORST for me. Just put me a bit off by knowing your progress is behind 2 RNG walls at such an early stage of the game.

Edited by RiddleDiddle

57 minutes ago, MorganClaus said:

That's how RNG works. It is very difficult to believe that from months of playing this game you don't understand that. RNG is random, and for some people it absolutely sucks.

Beleth   

Yeah I suffered the same on Hujikar, spent all my keys and had to buy 100 more but on the other hand I got my Profane weapon from the 3rd box and then ran Brightsone for purple weapon not knowing that they give you that one from quest... But it's like they make you suffer on either one of these weapons. It's either Hujikar or Profane I always get stuck on Hujikar. 

Meginb   

If you thought that was bad... wait till you get to Chromactic, Tormented and Accursed weapons... you need like 2 of each of the first two and the last one doesn't drop often enough...