Recommended Posts

Very bad experience with blade and soul,  6v6 very not balanced at all, people get AFK or leave party for no reason.

 

Nc soft need to do alot of work compare other mmorpg

they should give penality to people getting afk or leaving party.   They need to take exemple from Overwatch.

With overwatch they give penality  i know its not the same game but its a good exemple :

 

1 = they need to kick the players that goes afk for the 20 first second with first warning,  if they go again afk with other group .. he will be kick again and will have penality so by exemple losing 100 or 200 battleground pts and if goes again afk ..losing 300 pts etc..

 

2 = Bns need to match up total of attack groups pts vs enemies team... to have the best average match up possible ( that game very not balance for 6v6 )

 

3 = if someone leaves grp .. system should found automatically a other player to not penalize the group.

 

they tried to fix by going in battleground 2 by 2 but its not even fixing issue with balancing group at all.

 

i did leave game for 6 months and back since 1 week....  very very bad experience  with 6v6 and i know alot of people have same experience but dont take time to write on forums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i dont recommend blade and soul to other players for pvp.  bns pvp is very not balanced at all and very broken.. they alot of work to do to match up to other mmorpg.  I mean these people getting paid to balance stuff how the hell they didnt even think about penality for afk people or leaving party..  removing their battleground pts should be something that could be apply for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shuchin   

Doing 6v6 regularly since it came out and I am happy with the current system as it is and do not think it needs fixing.

 

It is important to keep in mind that your personal power to influence the outcome of a match will always be smaller in 6v6 than in 1v1 or 3v3 - You have to accept that two out of three matches, it won't matter what you do you will lose or win anyway depending on the rest of your team. So you have to run more matches that also last longer to reach your fair ranking than with 1v1, but that cannot be circumvented it's part of the numbers.

 

Can only recommend to find yourself stable team partners for duos, it will more than half the time you need to reach a fair ranking. For earning BP, you can of course just solo match up, you will earn enough eventually. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZDestiny   

1. They cannot detect AFK. You can report via recording, but I doubt anyone ever got punished for being AFK.

 

2. They can apply class balance.

 

3. Easy to exploit to avoid Elo drop.

 

There is a penalty for 'leaving' 6v6 match. You lose like 2-3x more Elo than losing the game you were orginally in. And this method actually screws honest players more when you happen to have a 24 hour lasting peak hour on a level3 owned network. Last season Beluga I lost about 200 elo (avg 20ish elo drop per dc, while friend was losing only 5-10 Elo on matches we lost), but whatever 1 good day without too much network issues got me back to top 3 in no time.

 

What NCsoft can do is linking players DC and leaving party at 6v6 with codes. Example:

 

Errorcode 110 (DC by server) (no elo punishment) (you do get the normal elo when game is lost)

Errorcode 111 (DC by player network issue) (Elo drop x2-3)

 

Errorcode 200 (exit BG, match didnt end, player manually pressed leave party) (Punishment BG locked for season, reset BP and reset rank).

Errorcode 201 (exit BG, match ended) (all good)

 

And they should put back the join back to 6v6 feature. Who ever thought it was good to remove it... well i guess I won't say it or it's forum access revoke.

Edited by ZDestiny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is many Topics in forums about this. Many peoples unhappy, And i have to agree. once i had team with less then 500AP and enemy team had all 700+AP and 1 850AP destroyer, so that was like 1 hit clown-fiesta. Matchmaking don't bother to "balance", it does work completely opposite. it's just put higher AP players on left side, and everything else on the other side. so if you are on "Left side" team you are more likely to win. I did rise few Tickets, and all they said that they'll think about my suggestions. NCsoft doesn't read Forums, and they don't care what people think. All they care that peoples still buy things and they get paid for doing absolutely nothing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

matchmaking is definitely unbalanced but I believe they didn't anticipate so many players queuing on trash builds. I have to leave matches all the time because 2-3 players will be afk while the others are severally undergeared and get one shot from 100%-0. Even if I could hard-carry baddies through a match I wouldnt want to because i'd prob get paired with them in a higher elo.

Skill level and class knowledge is important but build is prob 80% of 6v6...there needs to be better matchmaking based on this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mirryn   
1 hour ago, Jackiesaysya said:

matchmaking is definitely unbalanced but I believe they didn't anticipate so many players queuing on trash builds. I have to leave matches all the time because 2-3 players will be afk while the others are severally undergeared and get one shot from 100%-0. Even if I could hard-carry baddies through a match I wouldnt want to because i'd prob get paired with them in a higher elo.

Skill level and class knowledge is important but build is prob 80% of 6v6...there needs to be better matchmaking based on this.

 

Did you know that you take 3x the ELO loss for leaving, vs losing?

 

... Guess not?

 

 

If you can't carry them, you don't deserve your ranking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Calcinha   

i did my best but ncsoft is unfair.

Lost gold medal because peoples leave.

 

4 vs 6

Blade and SOul PVP is pure trash and unbalanced.

 

Edited by Aurinya
Image removed for name shaming

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Calcinha   

nc soft is very very bad to balance something.

This game PVP is trash

 

 

 

Edited by Calcinha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shuchin   

Sorry, you should not post screenshots with names on them because of the forum policy. :)

 

This looks more like D/Cs than leaving on purpose, after all one of them even had 2 kills. But kudos to you for the 13 kills, well done!

 

Btw I disagree about gear being 80% in 6v6.

In clan show matches, I have beaten lvl 50 HM8 PvP newbies with my soulshield/accs off and using a 200 AP weapon. I have a HM2 clan mate I run 6v6 with and we win because he knows how to use stealth and ninja braziers and horns. Maybe it's not 80% skill, but it's at least 50% in my opinion.

 

Of course, gear/level and skill often correlate. Someone who is really good will rarely run around with crap gear, and vice versa. But there are enough exceptions to give evidence that skill is more important, and elo ranking will therefore help avoid disappointments the most.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

meh my rng rly bad lately. think ive alrdy deranked out of top 30. could care less anyways I just do it for dailies.

lol at the last line.

 

On 1/28/2017 at 9:40 PM, Mirryn said:

Did you know that you take 3x the ELO loss for leaving, vs losing?

 

... Guess not?

 

 

If you can't carry them, you don't deserve your ranking.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Musakan   

after today im really considering to charge back.. i spent money  and time and finally got a  decent pvp gear so that i could join and enjoy a good game. But ... no. that never happens. if you wana have a slightest fun, you have to max everything,. Here is whats happening to me. I managed to get up to 1496 point on a 6v6 . the moment i reached there, things changed. I am getting matched with hm20+ chars with full sets and full gears for the last 10 rounds. For a hm13 with a decent set. (skypear ring stage 3, subjugator bracelet stage 6, skypear earring, and destroyer belt and Kings glove.  Have 3 pieces of VT soul shield. OVerall have a decent def of 5500 and crit def of 3100. Also have the ultimate pet auro stage 1, and cosmic soul 2. In terms of soul badge i have, skyrift mystic badge and magnum soul badge. literally only thing I'm missing is vt badges and pvp belt.   And here i am getting one hit .. yea one hit by hm20+ players.  

this is a blatant bull crap. A month ago they said they fixed the 6v6s matchmaking. no, they haven't.... if you are at 1470+ points  you will end up with a bunch of high lvl whales with 0 chance of a killing one.. this game is a complete robbery and false advertisement.  i really want to be on one of the rooms with the dev and let him play the 6v6s .with a normal set everytime he loses a match due to a messed up  party matchmaking, he should get one nice slap till he fixes his stupid code. Here is the guess of how this stupid code of party matching works.

 

std::Vector<Party>  PartyA

std::vector<Party>  PartyB 

int partyATotalRank  = 0;

int partyBTotalRank rank = 0;

bool isMatched = false;

while (!isMatched)

{

    player = SearchPlayer();

    partyATotalRank = GetTotalPartyRank(partyA);

    partyBTotalRank = GetTotalPartyRank(partyB);

    if(partyBTotalRank < partyATotalRank)

   {

      PartyA.pushback(player)

    }

   else

   {

     PartyB.pushback(player)

    }

 

     if(partyA.size() == partyB.size())

        isMatched = true;

}

}

 

 

that's it. that's all it does from my observation. it doesn't check what the partA and party B has in terms of sets. it doesn't care about HM levels, player levels. it doesn't even matches based on ranking. the game should be smart enough to remove a player and find a better-suited one during waiting for player search if there is no balanced ranking. i m pretty sure even that is note done properly as demonstrated above.  the laziest piece of crappy code someone can write in an MMORPG.

 

I hope you read this bns operators and do us a huge favour link this page to your devs will ya.. and many other pages that similar to this. as a fellow developer, i can't help but feel disgusted  the way the code is written for party matchmaking. 

 

 

 

Edited by Musakan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sheral   

the guys who go afk may be that they pressed m + info player and saw the equipment of the other team, something that is common if you have a team with a farm weapon and the other team that full dragon, you will not win nothing and you will give more points to the other team, that's why they go afk. The imbalance this if it is something indisputable, vt + dragon does an explosive damage. It is normal that with these two components can kill a hit something that I doubt it is fixed. The only way to pass that explosive damage is by raising the SS of nova core to its maximum to try to reach the 8k of defense and 5.5k of critical def, obviously it would take more than one life to take these ss to that state, this would change if in the ss will lower the costs to be able to obtain them. A separate issue are the server crash that all those who have played 6v6 or crash vs crash:please: know what it does in two variants one is when you jump from the safe area to the ground crash, another is when you see dead is squeezed 4 to automatically revive crash, it is difficult for one to have to deal with all this since it costs to go up by the amount of whales that are entering, reach an elo and lose 30 or 45 points in any case because I want to reconnect is not unpleasant. Today having 2 crashes all day is not as frequent but the problem remains.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Statler   

The problem with battleground is the high Damage, the VT-Badge that allow most classes penetration of defense and parry and the much to low defense.

Also compared to the weapon, the most importend thing, the soulshields, are just hillarious expensive.

As long as nothing is done against the high damage and the price for soulshields are not lowered, 6vs6 will continue dieing.

But ill guess there will be one problem. All those whales will start crying, when they cant oneshot others anymore and a lower geared player with some skill will kill them. So NC-Soft never listened to the community that requesting some kind of fair matchmaking since 2 years and will never listen to the community. They are afraid they could annoy their whales and prefer to let 6vs6 die

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2018 at 12:27 AM, Musakan said:

after today im really considering to charge back.. i spent money  and time and finally got a  decent pvp gear so that i could join and enjoy a good game. But ... no. that never happens. if you wana have a slightest fun, you have to max everything,. Here is whats happening to me. I managed to get up to 1496 point on a 6v6 . the moment i reached there, things changed. I am getting matched with hm20+ chars with full sets and full gears for the last 10 rounds. For a hm13 with a decent set. (skypear ring stage 3, subjugator bracelet stage 6, skypear earring, and destroyer belt and Kings glove.  Have 3 pieces of VT soul shield. OVerall have a decent def of 5500 and crit def of 3100. Also have the ultimate pet auro stage 1, and cosmic soul 2. In terms of soul badge i have, skyrift mystic badge and magnum soul badge. literally only thing I'm missing is vt badges and pvp belt.   And here i am getting one hit .. yea one hit by hm20+ players.  

this is a blatant bull crap. A month ago they said they fixed the 6v6s matchmaking. no, they haven't.... if you are at 1470+ points  you will end up with a bunch of high lvl whales with 0 chance of a killing one.. this game is a complete robbery and false advertisement.  i really want to be on one of the rooms with the dev and let him play the 6v6s .with a normal set everytime he loses a match due to a messed up  party matchmaking, he should get one nice slap till he fixes his stupid code. Here is the guess of how this stupid code of party matching works.

 

std::Vector<Party>  PartyA

std::vector<Party>  PartyB 

int partyATotalRank  = 0;

int partyBTotalRank rank = 0;

bool isMatched = false;

while (!isMatched)

{

    player = SearchPlayer();

    partyATotalRank = GetTotalPartyRank(partyA);

    partyBTotalRank = GetTotalPartyRank(partyB);

    if(partyBTotalRank < partyATotalRank)

   {

      PartyA.pushback(player)

    }

   else

   {

     PartyB.pushback(player)

    }

 

     if(partyA.size() == partyB.size())

        isMatched = true;

}

}

 

 

that's it. that's all it does from my observation. it doesn't check what the partA and party B has in terms of sets. it doesn't care about HM levels, player levels. it doesn't even matches based on ranking. the game should be smart enough to remove a player and find a better-suited one during waiting for player search if there is no balanced ranking. i m pretty sure even that is note done properly as demonstrated above.  the laziest piece of crappy code someone can write in an MMORPG.

 

I hope you read this bns operators and do us a huge favour link this page to your devs will ya.. and many other pages that similar to this. as a fellow developer, i can't help but feel disgusted  the way the code is written for party matchmaking. 

 

 

 

the logic is good but it's not that simple first of all the problem is not avarage elo , it's the items and as long as they don't fix items which they won't for sure nothing will change because players who doesnt even had one arena match in their life goes 6v6 to one shot people because it requires 0 brain to do that if you're not gold elo , there you need arm to handle anyway as i said the problem is whales who has good items but doesnt have any idea about pvp in silver/bronze tier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shuchin   
On 4/23/2018 at 12:27 AM, Musakan said:

 For a hm13 with a decent set. (skypear ring stage 3, subjugator bracelet stage 6, skypear earring, and destroyer belt and Kings glove.  Have 3 pieces of VT soul shield. OVerall have a decent def of 5500 and crit def of 3100. Also have the ultimate pet auro stage 1, and cosmic soul 2. In terms of soul badge i have, skyrift mystic badge and magnum soul badge. literally only thing I'm missing is vt badges and pvp belt.   And here i am getting one hit .. yea one hit by hm20+ players.  

 

I think I need to demystify this a little bit. The above player is missing a lot of essential gear for middle tier BG. And not necessarily because it's high end, but because most players lack the overview of  what PvP gear is available.

 

Defense and crit defense cannot be stacked high enough any more to provide 24/7 protection from one shots. Instead, pets and soul shields provide 10-12 second long defense buffs that counter the opponent's weapon/soul/bracelet bursts. Focus drain from PvP weapon helps as well by disrupting combos. Currently the _only_ viable SS in battlegrounds are Beluga-8 and combinations with Novacore-5, because only those provide the 5000ish defense buffs mentioned above.

 

Even with all that gear, you can be one shotted when all your defense buffs are on cool down, hence you must engage late and burst fast.

 

So instead of putting time and money into things like Skyshatter or VT gear, I recommend to invest in pets and battle points for PvP soulshields and PvP weapons. I have been running BG using purple 20%CC PvP accessories and Draken belt/necklace just fine at 1500 elo. VT badge is a big thing though. I guess I could push for 1600 if I had mine, tbh.

 

Last, I recommend to get HM16 as fast as possible for 20 Off + 50 Def + 10 debuff resist, and to use high quality buff food. Especially the 15k HP defensive food will help if you have trouble surviving.

Edited by Shuchin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now