Should I try desolate tomb?

YenNhi

I am a blade master with 670ap.  I've played since launch so I know how to play my bm.  I heard many things about desolate tomb that stop me from trying it,  such as party wipe if you don't know your role, etc.  I've watched many YouTube guide and I just don't know if I should try it.  Don't want people to get mad at me for party wipe.  What do you guys think?  Is desolate tomb that hard?  

You have more than enough gear to do it. If you are that unsure, ask someone else to tank the final boss and just keep an eye on what people do. The mechanics themselves can be confusing at first, but become quite easy to pick up. Worst that can happen is that some pixels die, not a big deal. 

Its not hard once you know the mechanics, specially last boss. Out of all the end game dugones, (tomb, citadel, foundry), its the one that was the most confusing for me to learn form videos and reading guides, in fact i didnt fully understand it till i run it a couple times.

As a bm, unless theres another bm or kfm you will be expected to tank, and positioning the boss, and knowing when to back off it its very important. Plus as a tank you are usually given the role as a "2", so you have to be prepared.

A 6 man should be fine, just do make sure you tell them its your first run and if you are not sure you can tank, that they will need another tank beucase you do not feel ready for it.

Thing is not everyone is willing to take someone on their first run, because even if you are not given a roll on last boss, if you dont know where to stand you can potentally kill yourself and someone else or even cause a wipe.
If i were you id get some expirienced friends to take you along and explain the mechanics as you go, or your clan, and if neither of those are an option then try to join a party in F8 and explain the situtaion. I personally dont get mad when ppl cause wipes and makes mistakes on their first runs, i get mad when ppl cause several wipes and when we finally kill the boss their first run achievement pops up, because had i known it was their first run i would had gladly explain mechanics and hopefully avoide the wipes.

I'd say you should try it and have people in your party tell you what and how to do it. I don't mind teaching people who enter, but what I don't like is when they don't say anything and we wipe several times because of that person. Just be social, people are not that mean once you talk to them.

If you are too scared ask a clan member to create a practice run. Basically a run that is not a guarantee pass, but it's enough so that you can get what you want to achieve.

Just join 6m party. Usually for last boss, people do 4m mechanic method nowadays, which leave 2 people just pure DPS. However, I would recommend you to go watch all the boss mechanic in youtube first so that you have an idea of how to position yourself for the last boss so that you won't get marked by accident. You can still tank the boss, but if you are unsure about the mechanic, ask someone else to take over it. The tank doesn't necessary to be the "2" for the final boss. The main purpose of the tank for the last boss is to try bringing the boss to the middle after it jumps. If you don't tank the boss, just make sure you unspec all your threat skills.

Also, that's why joining a clan is important. Initially, my clan helped me to go through DT and EC dungeon the first couple times for some practices too. After that, I just join PUG parties with not much problem. After running each dungeon more than 10 times, you should know the mechanic very well.

Since I don't see any white whale here saying don't do tomb until you know mechanic.

I guess I will have to.

Don't do tomb, if you do not know mechanic or else it will ruin your party, and waste people time.

Also, p.s. Get more AP before you even attempt to do tomb. 

That is all.

5 hours ago, AhComplicate said:

Since I don't see any white whale here saying don't do tomb until you know mechanic.

I guess I will have to.

Don't do tomb, if you do not know mechanic or else it will ruin your party, and waste people time.

Also, p.s. Get more AP before you even attempt to do tomb. 

That is all.

If you want to know mechanic, you have to do it directly. YouTube and reading guide helps, but nothing beat first-hand experience. Sure, you can annoy people for a few first times, but after that, you will become capable.

670AP is enough. More is just for faster and safer run. Since OP is a BM, one can expect that he will do tanking, which is often the role of two-man conductor.

Get a helpful clan who can guide too.

I got my first successful run a few day ago after watching YouTube guide countless times.  It's a very confusing dungeon for sure and the last boss is all about mechanic.   We got wipe first time because my role is 2 and i didn't know I have to get the lightning orbs before share lighting.  

Ok let me get this straight.  In front of the final boss is 6 o'clock.  Behind him is 12 o'clock.  His right arm is 3 o'clock and his left arm is 9 o'clock.  Is this correct?  If your role is 2 you also get 3 o'clock orbs.  If your role is 3 you also get 9 o'clock orbs? Is this correct?  Thank you all for the help.  Have a nice day.  

13 minutes ago, YenNhi said:

I got my first successful run a few day ago after watching YouTube guide countless times.  It's a very confusing dungeon for sure and the last boss is all about mechanic.   We got wipe first time because my role is 2 and i didn't know I have to get the lightning orbs before share lighting.  

Ok let me get this straight.  In front of the final boss is 6 o'clock.  Behind him is 12 o'clock.  His right arm is 3 o'clock and his left arm is 9 o'clock.  Is this correct?  If your role is 2 you also get 3 o'clock orbs.  If your role is 3 you also get 9 o'clock orbs? Is this correct?  Thank you all for the help.  Have a nice day.  

As 2 you just grab whatever orb you like since only you and the marker take them and the orbs travel to the marker. Each 3 grabs one orb, usually people say 3l (3 left hand side) and 3r (3 right hand side) to state which one they do.

@YenNhi you just need to simplificate mechanics for yourself.

since you tank you might aswell do the 2 part.

232 323 232

It's always one or the other no matter the boss%.

Here's how you simplify

The points are just there so you know it's the same amount as with 2/3.

1= you take orb and clap stay behind mark so asure he gets grabbed.

0= do nothing go behind boss

Once you get this straight you just have to think me/not me/me/ not me

1 hour ago, YenNhi said:

Ok I thought number 3 is when 3 people share lightning.  Here is what I understand so far.  2=mark+2  3=mark+2+3   Is that right?  Please explain in detail for me.  Thanks 

Nonono

There are two people who are 3.
2=marker +2       3=marker+3+3
Think of it as       % 2 means 2 total people Sharing lightning%       and        *3 means 3 total people Sharing lighting*.

42 minutes ago, YenNhi said:

I got it now. thank you.  I watch an old guide from youtube and they do it differently.  now i know.  thank you so much!

Maybe you saw a video with 6 man doing mechs. What Sky explained is the 4 man tactic almost everyone does. Just remember what he explained.

Archived