Do i need to change my cpu and gpu?

kar

Hi i have been thinking about changing my cpu aftet i heard blade and soul is depending on cpu more than other games.

here is my pc specs

cpu.               : i3 4160

gpu.               : gtx 750 ti

motherbord : msi h81m-p33 1600mhz ddr3(1150)

ram.              :  8(4x2) 1600

Game on ssd 128 gb

i'm thinking to replace i3 4160k with i7 4790(1150) or i7 6700 (1151) + new 1151 motherbord. İm not good at pc so what do you guys think? Does performance get better if i just change my cpu or i need to change my gpu too? I just want to play smoothly. Other caharacter mostly will be off, quality 5, shadow etc off, character distance 4, and monster efeckt 3. Others will be off

blade and soul likes high clock speeds so if your i3 has high core speed by default you won't be getting a ton. I upgraded to i5 with 4x 3,9ghz idk procuct name but blade and soul only makes problems when everyone else is laggin or arena bugg

I have an i7 4770k and the game runs nicely in most areas except crowded 24 man stuff. 4790 is a newer slightly faster version so shouldn't have any problem.

Got a gtx 750 ti in the other PC (it was a pretty weak mid range card even when released), can max out stuff for screenshots and so in 1920 x 1080, but moving around causes the fps to drop even in non crowded areas. If you can get something like a gtx 780 ti / gtx 980 or better than you can play on max settings with 60+ fps except at the really crowded places.

The 750 ti should be enough for low settings and smooth gameplay. Buuuut, not sure why you'd want to play on low settings and hide other players. :o

Screenshot_496.png

2 hours ago, ander01se said:

The 750 ti should be enough for low settings and smooth gameplay. Buuuut, not sure why you'd want to play on low settings and hide other players. :o

The 750 ti should be better then my ex gtx 660. And even with that card i was able to get stable 40 fps with max settings. except 24+ areas.

if u plan to update your cpu and gpu than prepare to spend some money.

What i would offer u is:

i5 4690k - why good solid cpu works rly nicely in bns (using it myself) u can overclock it and gain even more performance out of it 

i5 7600k - totaly new cpu just came out even stronger cpu than i5 4690k and u can overclock it and gain high performance over 4690k 

i7 7700k - if u want thos extra treads from your cpu tho they wont do anything in bns but might be useful in future games that could come out, same as others before u can overclock it and gain more performance 

whit this cpu's u would prefer a Z chipset set motherboard, so if u want more performance out of your cpu u can always get it, and with the change of the motherboard ull need to upgrade your ram try to look for high speed rams that are over 3k mhz with the lowest CL 

About gpu's anything that is from GTX960 and till GTX 1080 would do just great, but i would recommend something like GTX 1060 or GTX 1070 rly good and strong gpu's ull be able to do a lot with em 

If you can wait, wait for the new AMD cpu's.

How much money you can spend?

If you can, go for a 6/8 core CPU. 

Because all new games will support them and if they release the 64bit client you will get a rly nice performance boost. 

17 hours ago, kar said:

Hi i have been thinking about changing my cpu aftet i heard blade and soul is depending on cpu more than other games.

here is my pc specs

cpu.               : i3 4160

gpu.               : gtx 750 ti

motherbord : msi h81m-p33 1600mhz ddr3(1150)

ram.              :  8(4x2) 1600

Game on ssd 128 gb

i'm thinking to replace i3 4160k with i7 4790(1150) or i7 6700 (1151) + new 1151 motherbord. İm not good at pc so what do you guys think? Does performance get better if i just change my cpu or i need to change my gpu too? I just want to play smoothly. Other caharacter mostly will be off, quality 5, shadow etc off, character distance 4, and monster efeckt 3. Others will be off

Even with full on OC-ed i7 6700k and GTX 1080 you won't be able to get solid and stable 60 fps with the current state of the game. Just wait until 64-bit client update before making any drastic changes to your build as for now. If you can't really wait for the update I would suggest you to upgrade your gpu to 1050Ti or RX 470, at least you can maxed out the settings including anti-aliasing at 120 fps open world solo, 60~80 fps in dungeons with other characters hide on. But take note that occasionally you will still be experiencing some frame stutter mostly during 24 man raid and some poorly optimized dungeons. Hopefully it helps you to make the right decision :)

If you want to upgrade to play BNS better just dont do that.

I'm running an i7 @ 4.1 Ghz and a gtx 1080 @ 2.1Ghz and it still lags when there are many people on the screen, even on lower specs.

The game is badly optimized, at one moment you are capped at 120 fps then it goes down to 10 fps. It is not your PC, the game stutters as fk for everyone.

And I can say more, if they dont optimize the engine, just compile it to 64 bit will be the same.

Archived