Happy New Year event from a game that was rumored to be beaten by B&S

ShiroUmi

THAT is the kind of innovative event that we all want to see, it's about time NCsoft stops thinking that a cashshop sale is an "event".

I still love BnS but i'm tired of game companies not living up to the potential of the games they produce and instead just turning them into a blatant cashgrab where instead of spending some money on fun stuff like cosmetics etc you either have to spend ridiculous amounts of time or spend ridiculous amounts of money just to keep your gear at a level where you can play effectively at endgame.

If another game comes out with the same quality of graphics, story, combat and more activities to do then BnS I would drop this game in a heartbeat because i'm sick of NCsoft ruining a fantastic game.

59 minutes ago, Trix said:

If another game comes out with the same quality of graphics, story, combat and more activities to do then BnS I would drop this game in a heartbeat because i'm sick of NCsoft ruining a fantastic game.

To be more accurate, B&S's art style is unique but the graphic quality is rather outdated.

Also~ this is how PA run there holiday cash shop sale. 

Untitled_zpsipgmszx3.png

Untitled2_zpsveptwu6s.png

Daily sale on selected - already existed items in ingame cash shop - new rotation after every 24hrs.

So in game fireworks for loners who have nothing else to do on New Years than game. Just saying fireworks were pretty amazing outside the window also with addition of fresh air. I'd rather have money milking box than lame light shows in game as "event" but that's just my opinion. Also isn't it partial money milking to put stuff on discount so people actually buy the stuff since hey it's on discount now.

Well to be frank, real life firework only happens on a specified time in each country. Fresh air don't exist during NYE, it stinks.

Besides, I don't think in-game activity will entirely coincides with NYE firework, as if the entire game population only consists of one particular region to begin with.

First the game is not f2p, i played it on beta was nice but i learned its mostly pvp specially at late lvls and im not into that, i like to pvp(battlegrounds/arena) maybe once a day this game makes you a target always so that a no no for me.

No matter the event bdo and b&s are very different games.

Guys... Black Desert is pay to play game... With cash shop, with premium, with all kinds of limitations that usually f2p games has, just instead BD is pay 2 play. And as p2p game they have item sales as new year events? Jesus its like 100000x worse than what we have here. BD logic: so you pay to play our game? here's an event for you to pay more (not like you paying just to play or anything and not like we should be thankful or anything yknow).
Also as I heard, some months ago they released some kind of NPC with certain stuff that he sells that made that game completely pay2win (as a pay2play game already).

So I don't get it what you are comparing and what you want BnS to copy from them? To make game pay 2 play with heavy pay2win and events as item discounted sales just and for free just fireworks in skies? I lost the track of what I am saying because I can't find any sense in this logic...

There is a few things that I learnt during all that year playing MMO and dealing with MMO community that is:

+ Never ever ever attempt to argue reasonably with ignorant die hard fan boys/girls , uninformed players.

+ Don't feed trolls.

So, all I did is showing how other company managed an "holiday event" in comparison to NCsoft. Being able to face the fact without bias or not, that is entirely on you. Pearl Abyss opens sale on all items during holiday, had GM in game and organized a small GM vs players event where everyone had fun and many more, meanwhile, what has NCsoft given to their players base so far for the pass few months ? more RNG cash shop boxes that majority of people do not want ? still crappy service that days after days with more and more complains/feedback from players and still nothing changed ? However; that is not to say Pearl Abyss doesn't have their own issue with BDO, but atleast they do show that they care about the player base to some extend.

I play both game and if at the early day B&S showed some potential and BDO seemed to be just another busted bomb, now it is the other way around for me personally.

1 hour ago, Spyroxion said:

Guys... Black Desert is pay to play game... With cash shop, with premium, with all kinds of limitations that usually f2p games has, just instead BD is pay 2 play. And as p2p game they have item sales as new year events? Jesus its like 100000x worse than what we have here. BD logic: so you pay to play our game? here's an event for you to pay more (not like you paying just to play or anything and not like we should be thankful or anything yknow).
Also as I heard, some months ago they released some kind of NPC with certain stuff that he sells that made that game completely pay2win (as a pay2play game already).

So I don't get it what you are comparing and what you want BnS to copy from them? To make game pay 2 play with heavy pay2win and events as item discounted sales just and for free just fireworks in skies? I lost the track of what I am saying because I can't find any sense in this logic...

And for you, Mr. Ignorant, the p2w NPC that you called, is a Night Vendor NPC, which spawn every night in major cities around the world of BDO. The NPC is literally a russian roulet where you have to spend 50 energy ( a point that you use for gathering material/hunting and other task ingame) to open a "roll" and the NPC will randomly give you an in game item regardless of grade and rarity. If you want to get that item, you have to pay ingame silver ( the ingame currency of BDO) to buy that item from the NPC, if not then you spend another 50 energy for another roll, and so on. 

There is nothing p2w in that, so don't use that word so loosely.

Also, b2p is not subscription model where as the game live on the subscription money and players don't have to pay for anything else. For a buy to play game, they still need the income from cash shop items and other means to live otherwise the game will just die like usual from running out of money.

Another example of this is Guild War 2 before the game went free to play, it was a buy to play game but also had cash shop items which you can buy with real money OR exchange your gold ingame for the Gem to buy stuff in the cash shop.

Next time, either shut up and accept that you know nothing or do some ACTUAL research before open your mouth, save yourself from the shame. 

3 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

So in game fireworks for loners who have nothing else to do on New Years than game. Just saying fireworks were pretty amazing outside the window also with addition of fresh air. I'd rather have money milking box than lame light shows in game as "event" but that's just my opinion. Also isn't it partial money milking to put stuff on discount so people actually buy the stuff since hey it's on discount now.

Agree with this. Firework show ingame, wow, what an EVENT. And OP, if you don't want to hear negative responses to your opinion, then you should not making such threads. Also using overdated memes doesn't makes you look better.

I still prefer the fireworks show than a cash grabber event that has a box with 0,0000000000000000000000001% of dropping
the costume you want.

NCsoft is the worst company to this date.
They killed Aion and now are killing blade and soul... (in the same way)

And I remember they saying the game will 'not' come to this....

now, the game is failing miserably in the same way AION are.
slowly dying.

The few whales will not hold the game any longer, be sure of this.

Yes, that was a great display, once again showing how much potential BDO had. Unfortunately, it's also been run by two publishers who are just as greedy as NCSoft and have destroyed any potential that was there. The game has an amazing engine, though it does need optimization fixes--which is expected for something done in house like that--and it has other features that could have been great. The cash shop grabs, the poorly handled events, the poor management of exploits, and sadly, a Dev team that never did figure out what their game was supposed to be have turned that amazing potential into a pit.

There are three real elements left to the game: exploration for the sake of exploration, crafting/gathering/fishing, and killing other players. They've wasted the chance to have real raids and dungeons because of their insistence on open world only, and that means that it's the same free for all that BnS has at things like the Terrors and out in the daily areas in every single zone of the game. BDO has a bunch of small knit communities that band together and hate everyone else because they're possible competition. BDO's forums actually make the ones here look tame at times.

What the games have in common is that both have communities as a whole that have either resigned themselves to accepting the limitations of the game and playing it for what it is or who have resigned themselves to dumping money into it because they've sunk so much time into it that they don't know how to walk away. What they also have in common is tons of wasted resources and possibilities, because they both could have been so much more.

If BDO ever gets optimized and continues to evolve by adding instanced zones and more dynamic open world play, then it could turn around a bit. As of now it's just a pvp kill fest with a story that starts out boring but is at least animated with cut scenes and devolves into nothing but text based explanations in the new area. At least BnS has a story that gives you consistent delivery as nothing else.

TLDR: BnS and BDO have both fallen short of what they could have been, it's just a matter of picking your poison if you choose to play either.

As stated above, BDO is not f2p game. You have to pay just to enter the game. So, in term of income, BDO has higher income than blade and soul. Of course, they have better service and stuff. People needs to step out and see the real TRUE world. It is "money talk" world we are living in.

As a f2p game, I feel that blade and soul online is doing fine. Do you guys know that the company needs some sort of money to keep running this game? Without putting attractive items in the HM store, how can they survive? 

I heard a lot of people complaining about the new boxes in HM store. Well, no one pulls a gun on your head to buy it. You just buy and play the RNG on your own risk. There are nothing new in the boxes except the costume. Well...maybe I am not a costume freak, but I believe people can survive in the game without buying the boxes. It is just like gambling with horse racing, lottery tickets, etc. Some people win and some people lose.

39 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

As stated above, BDO is not f2p game. You have to pay just to enter the game. So, in term of income, BDO has higher income than blade and soul. Of course, they have better service and stuff. People needs to step out and see the real TRUE world. It is "money talk" world we are living in.

How does it has higher income, when you DON'T EVEN HAVE TO PAY to play the game, to experience it to a certain extend in 7 days or more before officially decide to buy it ? and even if you decide to pay for it officially, the game basic package is only $10, which is laughably cheaper than 1 single outfit in B&S, the more fancier package is $30 and the most expensive one is $50 AND right now Pearl Abyss is offering them at 50% discount also. "Step out and see the real TRUE world" alright ~ lol

7 hours ago, Spyroxion said:

Here is an example:

Pay to get into the club, and pay more for a drink

This is what you expect to happen:

Pay to get into the club, FREE DRINKS FOR EVERYONE

5 minutes ago, AhComplicate said:

Here is an example:

Pay to get into the club, and pay more for a drink

This is what you expect to happen:

Pay to get into the club, FREE DRINKS FOR EVERYONE

Your expectation isn't wrong, it is misplaced. That kind of expectation belong to subscription model games which every time you pay to get in the club is equivalent to every time you pay to renew your subscription. Meanwhile if you apply that expectation in a B2P model, it is like you want to pay one time to enter the club, and get your service for free for the rest of your life time there. Sorry to pop the bubble, but business doesn't work that way, only your entitlement attitude does.

21 minutes ago, ShiroUmi said:

How does it has higher income, when you DON'T EVEN HAVE TO PAY to play the game, to experience it to a certain extend in 7 days or more before officially decide to buy it ? and even if you decide to pay for it officially, the game basic package is only $10, which is laughably cheaper than 1 single outfit in B&S, the more fancier package is $30 and the most expensive one is $50 AND right now Pearl Abyss is offering them at 50% discount also. "Step out and see the real TRUE world" alright ~ lol

I assume BDO needs to pay to play the game where as blade and soul doesn't need to pay to play the game. Is this true? Sorry, I don't play BDO, but as people mentioned it is not a f2p game. So, I assume it needs to pay to enter the game.

• NCSOFT

Greetings,

This thread is now closed. We are on the Official Blade & Soul forum, while we can of course talk about other games here, we don't want any long debate to know which game is the best, there is many video games forums to talk about that. ;-)

Thanks for understanding.

Avenger.

Archived