New RNG box they need more money!

finalfantasy7

I don't really understand why people criticized others for spending money on the game.  It's their money.  Second NCsoft is a business like any other.  If they feel they can make money with rng boxes so be it.  Second off people are keep saying I have bills to pay and blah blah blah.  Keep a budget, thats it.

For myself my budget goes as follows (I get paid weekly).

10% of my money goes to my checking for entertainment.  This can include blade and soul, steam games, New T.V, gaming consoles, going to the movies or the DVD etc. . .

20% of my money goes to clothing, food, etc. . .

20% of this goes to rent and other major bills

10% goes to savings account for vacations.

40% goes to savings/stocks/bonds.

If you can meet the minimum requirement for checks, open up a few.  It helps budget money.  If for whatever reason you have money issues in the future, you can always close it.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, BlinkMoth said:

I don't really understand why people criticized others for spending money on the game.  It's their money.  Second NCsoft is a business like any other.  If they feel they can make money with rng boxes so be it.  Second off people are keep saying I have bills to pay and blah blah blah.  Keep a budget, thats it.

10% of my money goes to my checking for entertainment.  This can include blade and soul, steam games, New T.V, gaming consoles, going to the movies or the DVD etc. . .

If you can meet the minimum requirement for checks, open up a few.  It helps budget money.  If for whatever reason you have money issues in the future, you can always close it.

u are right, 

probably u live in a country who let u spare so much money for entertainment, be it vacation or gaming. 20% for bills, i reiterate u live in a good country then. obviously i hope im talking to someone who live with a partner.

what bothers me is that players are spending money on a "cheap" game. cheap developement, cheap transposition to EU (example), cheap customer service and go on.

the fact that u need a modern high end pc and a business class provider is also bad.

we already know the problems of the game

so, NCSoft, instead of telling themselves "ehy this game sucks, playerbase is disappointed. let's invest to make it better and allow playerbase to spend more on game"

they just say "ehy more money, they still spend a lot, focus on more money"

that's MY personal focus against those spending. and i spent more than i should in first 6 months of the game, i bought founder and still invest in premium...sadly

7 hours ago, Shukran said:

u are right, 

probably u live in a country who let u spare so much money for entertainment, be it vacation or gaming. 20% for bills, i reiterate u live in a good country then. obviously i hope im talking to someone who live with a partner.

what bothers me is that players are spending money on a "cheap" game. cheap developement, cheap transposition to EU (example), cheap customer service and go on.

the fact that u need a modern high end pc and a business class provider is also bad.

we already know the problems of the game

so, NCSoft, instead of telling themselves "ehy this game sucks, playerbase is disappointed. let's invest to make it better and allow playerbase to spend more on game"

they just say "ehy more money, they still spend a lot, focus on more money"

that's MY personal focus against those spending. and i spent more than i should in first 6 months of the game, i bought founder and still invest in premium...sadly

Lets put it this way. . .my rent is about $2,100 USD. . .I don't think the country would cost that much.   Plus what I said in my budget is weekly and how I divide my money amoung accounts.

Hmm, when it comes to this RNG box, this time they did it right imo. I think they did this, yes because they need money, but so people with cash(unfortunately) and those who are able to farm the gold(geared F2P) are able to upgrade their souls w/o wasting thousands of gold on it. Yes, the boxes are pay to win, but i have yet to cash on this game, and i opened up 20 boxes and got 5 oils, and an outfit,(2 oils and outfit from first 10 boxes, and a few days later 3 oils from 10 boxes) and for most, things have been similar, indicating the drop rate for the oils are pretty decent. I just saved my self 1500-1800g on oils, and had it not been for me spending ~400g on these boxes, i would've never even considered  to upgrade it, but now i only have to get another 300-340g and ive gotten an almost whale item (stage 6 soul). Now once you get past 650AP, i think it's safe to assume that ~400g is almost nothing, especially to those F2P's who know how to maximize their daily gold input. Now the last RNG box, that was ridiculous...but these, they actually looked at the feed back from us, and were understanding, as they have been in the past.

AND YES, i know it all depends on RNG, but the 2 most important items from the boxes were the oils, and +7AP amy's---and probably the SPTS...and i guess the outfit too?--- (and for the majority, they were able to get multiple of these items)

I see lots of ppl say this:   If you have the money to spend why not.

Well because rng is bad not give any good for game just $$ for company. is not fair or funny.

And then you see what you have now in gaming market more and more rng always with less %

But if is this you guys want for MMO market go and buy this shit you guys have done a good job.

At least NCS can try give a stable game but no just rng

Ok I forgot something

RNG can be good to keep  players entertained but have been used so hard players are tired of this.

2 hours ago, Hydralisk said:

Hmm, when it comes to this RNG box, this time they did it right imo. I think they did this, yes because they need money, but so people with cash(unfortunately) and those who are able to farm the gold(geared F2P) are able to upgrade their souls w/o wasting thousands of gold on it. Yes, the boxes are pay to win, but i have yet to cash on this game, and i opened up 20 boxes and got 5 oils, and an outfit,(2 oils and outfit from first 10 boxes, and a few days later 3 oils from 10 boxes) and for most, things have been similar, indicating the drop rate for the oils are pretty decent. I just saved my self 1500-1800g on oils, and had it not been for me spending ~400g on these boxes, i would've never even considered  to upgrade it, but now i only have to get another 300-340g and ive gotten an almost whale item (stage 6 soul). Now once you get past 650AP, i think it's safe to assume that ~400g is almost nothing, especially to those F2P's who know how to maximize their daily gold input. Now the last RNG box, that was ridiculous...but these, they actually looked at the feed back from us, and were understanding, as they have been in the past.

AND YES, i know it all depends on RNG, but the 2 most important items from the boxes were the oils, and +7AP amy's---and probably the SPTS...and i guess the outfit too?--- (and for the majority, they were able to get multiple of these items)

Did you look through the thread? Your anecdotal evidence doesn't even line up with most of the anecdotal posts from the majority of other players. It seems to be consistent that for most players with these boxes that even if they open a lot of them get very little in the way of the most sought after items. Not just with these, with those since the game's release. It never ceases to amaze that the ones who get the best drops put on rose colored glasses and shut their ears to any complaints.

1 hour ago, yiori said:

Well because rng is bad not give any good for game just $$ for company. is not fair or funny.

And then you see what you have now in gaming market more and more rng always with less %

But if is this you guys want for MMO market go and buy this shit you guys have done a good job.

At least NCS can try give a stable game but no just rng

Ok I forgot something

RNG can be good to keep  players entertained but have been used so hard players are tired of this.

While I understand where you're coming from, I really don't see the point in getting upset over what other people do with their money.

On 9. 1. 2017 at 6:31 AM, BlinkMoth said:

I don't really understand why people criticized others for spending money on the game.  It's their money.

Do you get paid, if you dont do your work or you do bad work?

While I understand where you're coming from, I really don't see the point in getting upset over what other people do with their money.

Flushing the money down in a toilet is a thing. Why not if you have a lot. But using money to hurt others (here is the gaming experience) is another thing.

9 hours ago, yiori said:

B

Item amount %
overall 1490  
Lunar Twilight Plant 1490 100
Fortune Potion 1490 100
10k- EP Charm 431 28,92
Galaxy Fragment 257 17,24
Radiant Energy 238 15,97
Naryu Tablet 230 15,44
Mysterious Crystal 286 19,19
Evolved Stone 166 11,14
100k-EP Charm 210 14,09
Silferfrost Trans Stone 164 11,01
Honorary Ornament 163 10,94
Lunar Twilight Flower 109 7,32
10x Moonstone 134 8,99
Demon Spirit Stone 172 11,54
Legendary Gem Hammer 74 4,97
100x Soulstone 124 8,32
Sacred Oil 72 4,83
Naryu Coin 63 4,23
Taikhan Skin 20 1,34
100x Stinger 19 1,28
Costume 22 1,48
Amethyst 9 0,60
Premium Silverfrost Trans Stone 7 0,47

so this is for you a lowerd RNG? To get Oil at that high %? Maybe you should inform yourself before you complain about something like that ;)

2 hours ago, RainbowDashie said:
Item amount %
overall 1490  
Fortune Potion 1490 100
10k- EP Charm 431 28,92
Radiant Energy 238 15,97
Naryu Tablet 230 15,44
Evolved Stone 166 11,14
100k-EP Charm 210 14,09
10x Moonstone 134 8,99
100x Soulstone 124 8,32
Sacred Oil 72 4,83
Naryu Coin 63 4,23
Taikhan Skin 20 1,34
100x Stinger 19 1,28
Costume 22 1,48
Amethyst 9 0,60

so this is for you a lowerd RNG? To get Oil at that high %? Maybe you should inform yourself before you complain about something like that ;)

personal opinion about value of RNG:

randiant energy: 15.97%

10X moonstone: 8.99%

sacred oil: 4.83%

costume: 1.48%

amerthyst: 0.60%

premium transf: 0.47%

on a sample of 1490 chests opened.

very valuable RNG i see. compare those % to the number of chest needed to achieve RNG, check price of those chest u need and 

ta dààà

u get your numbers.  

8 hours ago, KzE said:

Flushing the money down in a toilet is a thing. Why not if you have a lot. But using money to hurt others (here is the gaming experience) is another thing.

Hurt others? Are you that heavily affected by what other people do with their money in this game? The only way I could see you being affected is in 6v6 or if you hate RNG boxes.

The last time I checked people spend money for themselves, not for other people. If they want to buy RNG boxes, they'll buy them. No amount of you people shaming them for buying hundreds of boxes will change that, so there's really no point. At the end of the day, they're still spending their own money that they most likely work for. You really have no business trying to tell them what they should do with it.

50 minutes ago, BabyWing said:

Hurt others? Are you that heavily affected by what other people do with their money in this game? The only way I could see you being affected is in 6v6 or if you hate RNG boxes.

Whole game is affected. 6v6, market prices, even the instance matching. And again, i dont care even if they buy everything at 1st day after patch. What the problem is, there is no catchup for the others. Luring ppl to buy boxes because of crappy droprate is awful.

49 minutes ago, KzE said:

Whole game is affected. 6v6, market prices, even the instance matching. And again, i dont care even if they buy everything at 1st day after patch. What the problem is, there is no catchup for the others. Luring ppl to buy boxes because of crappy droprate is awful.

The point I'm trying to make is that there's no point in complaining about what other people do with their money, because they're going to spend it regardless of whether you like it or not. (Not specifically talking about you here.) I couldn't care less about the other things you addressed, that's all that I was talking about.

But if you want to keep arguing about something that isn't likely to change, have at it.

Hm, when ppl realize RNG boxes are pure gambling. Spending money for chance to get something. I don't know why you fill up 5 pages with posts. Most of RNG boxes are designed to earn shitload of money from ppl who want be stronger. Yes, it ruining economy, yes it ruining players morality, yes it is poor way how to earn money. End of story.

Take this: If i want some dress i realy like, i'll go to store and buy dress i realy like. Guys, who want spend money in real store for chance to get dress you realy like? :). 

If ppl want do this, it's their thing.

25 minutes ago, DisplayName123 said:

its a "fp2" game they need gather money for keep servers alive lol.

Yes, RNG boxes are functional way how to gather money. I as a player spent 500 euros for costumes, premium service etc. No RNG boxes. Not a single. But i believe i'm one from minority of players.

Companies did this shit thing long time ago. Players accepted it. End of second story.

On 09/01/2017 at 6:31 AM, BlinkMoth said:

in my country this is how it goes for most of the people

getting paid monthly

50% goes for bills
30% goes on food
20% that i can actualy can do what i want IF something not comes along and screws my money over ( unexpected paying )

Honestly, just now, my morality is broken and after a year of playing bns, those RNG boxes is what made my jar getting filled. Meanwhile everyone around me is getting extremely lucky lately especially with opening RNG boxes, while I waste 260g~ for 10 boxes and get what? 1 ornament and 4 radiant energies? While they either get oil and yada yada stuff.

Not only that, premium stones is even worse, 1/15 success ratio, you gotta be kidding.. 

And imagine this way, I get approx 100-120g per day by spending FULL DAY of playing the game. so after 2-3 days you get a chance to buy these boxes in my case that is and you get a BIG FAT MIDDLE FINGER out of it. 

So yeah, I quitted just now. This RNG really gave me a cancer for several times and its not only those 2 situations I had...

7 minutes ago, Sinnaru said:

Honestly, just now, my morality is broken and after a year of playing bns, those RNG boxes is what made my jar getting filled. Meanwhile everyone around me is getting extremely lucky lately especially with opening RNG boxes, while I waste 260g~ for 10 boxes and get what? 1 ornament and 4 radiant energies? While they either get oil and yada yada stuff.

Not only that, premium stones is even worse, 1/15 success ratio, you gotta be kidding.. 

And imagine this way, I get approx 100-120g per day by spending FULL DAY of playing the game. so after 2-3 days you get a chance to buy these boxes in my case that is and you get a BIG FAT MIDDLE FINGER out of it. 

So yeah, I quitted just now. This RNG really gave me a cancer for several times and its not only those 2 situations I had...

in my server your income can purchase you 1spts every 3-4 days instead of trying  luck in RNG.

u can spend all your daily income in ctrl-c and purrchase a good amount od chest daily.

u can purchase your pet uopgrades faster 

if u play that hard all day, i dont get why u are looking at other's grass when yours is very green.

your income can avoid you RNg. truyst me.

15 minutes ago, Shukran said:

in my server your income can purchase you 1spts every 3-4 days instead of trying  luck in RNG.

u can spend all your daily income in ctrl-c and purrchase a good amount od chest daily.

u can purchase your pet uopgrades faster 

if u play that hard all day, i dont get why u are looking at other's grass when yours is very green.

your income can avoid you RNg. truyst me.

Well the point of what I wrote is that it gets frustrating when they do the same thing as I do and obviously they're like x10 times luckier than I am ALL the time that is, by literally doing the same, which gets to the point as "if he is getting lucky, then why wouldnt i?" mentality if you get what i mean.

On 1/4/2017 at 1:48 AM, Mortal Kombat said:

No, I rather spend $500 on food, clothing, essentials, necessities. I have to pay rent or I'll find myself on the street. I have to buy food otherwise Ill starve. I dont get to spend half a thousand dollars on entertainment just cause. I have an actual job, (sorry neck beards, BnS does not qualify as a job.) I have to earn every cent that goes into my back account, and it isnt withdrawn on a whim. It does not come from mommys purse, it does not come from abusing welfare, it does not come from milking workers comp while you sit home playing video games 24/7. Perhaps thats why I have a greater appreciation for money? Maybe.

(Of course, its always easier throwing someone elses money away on nothing, than it is ones own, amirite?)

Now, if budget allows sure I'll invest in entertainment, but even then within reason. New TV if need be. A few games perhaps. Or maybe Il just go to a ballgame with friends, and maybe bar hop after. Point is...tangible things...money spent on things I can actually TOUCH. 

You cant TOUCH pixels. If NCSoft shut down BnS' servers, where would your pixel purchase go, hmm? Thats right nowehere cause guess what, that $500 you just spent trying to get a costume for your pretty virtual dolly bought you NOTHING. An imaginary costume, for your imaginary dolly. 

Heh, Im beginning to understand why you WK whales get so upset when people scoff at your expenses on games like this. Cant imagine how Id feel after throwing away $1000s on pixels.

kek.

See, here's the thing, as a dolphin here, I have to wonder, What do you think about people who like to go diving, or clubbing, or go to concerts. I know my brother likes diving, he spent about $300 just last week going out on dives. And I know someone who spends about $400 a month going clubbing every week. How is spending on BnS any different from spending on an event? Thats how I treat my spending on BnS, not as permanent gains, but as both a event that is just rather long lasting, and as contributing to a game I love, but wish was in better management.

And NCsoft? Thank you for bringing BnS to the west, just please, focus on cosmetics for your funding, and try to help new players get to a decent gear standard quickly. Or do things to encourage playing with new players more, like a buff to dungeon drops if someone in the party has less than 10 runs, with an extra dynamic for the new players. And non-rng non-event ways to get HM gems, or even unfuseable gems with AP for players.

23 hours ago, BabyWing said:

Im not upset over what other people do with their Money.

Jus give my opinion why ppl do not should spend $$ in rng.

16 hours ago, RainbowDashie said:
Item amount %
overall 1490  
Fortune Potion 1490 100
10k- EP Charm 431 28,92
Radiant Energy 238 15,97
Naryu Tablet 230 15,44
Evolved Stone 166 11,14
100k-EP Charm 210 14,09
10x Moonstone 134 8,99
100x Soulstone 124 8,32
Sacred Oil 72 4,83
Naryu Coin 63 4,23
Taikhan Skin 20 1,34
100x Stinger 19 1,28
Costume 22 1,48
Amethyst 9 0,60

True i dont do research on this. Is just what i feel in the game.

But where you get this? is come for NCS? and where i can see a hold 1 to see the increase?

Archived