New RNG box they need more money!

finalfantasy7

1 hour ago, Ilka said:

you may be thankful for those "whales" you can play for free

Wow, thats quite pompous of you.

You actually believe that dont you? That we poor f2p peasants owe our very existence in this game to you mighty, wise, and magnanimous whales. Heh...amusing.

It would almost be true, except NCwest doesnt take your cash and invest in back into the game, nor does it pay the bills, nor does it keep the lights on. Nope, it just goes back to Korea, filling their coffers and keeping NCSoft suits happy. But hey, whatever helps justify your 'wise' spending habits amirite? I'm sure they greatly appreciate your...generosity.

Theres this quote I often use to describe this elitist delusion; this misplaced sense of superiority on display here, perhaps youve heard of it? Its quite appropriate for this situation.

"Theres a sucker born every minute." - P.T. Barnum

I am grateful for your statement however. I needed a good laugh. So thank you! ;)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Mortal Kombat said:

Wow, thats quite pompous of you.

You actually believe that dont you? That we poor f2p peasants owe our very existence in this game to you mighty, wise, and magnanimous whales. Heh...amusing.

It would almost be true, except NCwest doesnt take your cash and invest in back into the game, nor does it pay the bills, nor does it keep the lights on. Nope, it just goes back to Korea, filling their coffers and keeping NCSoft suits happy. But hey, whatever helps justify your 'wise' spending habits amirite? I'm sure they greatly appreciate your...generosity.

Theres this quote I often use to describe this elitist delusion; this misplaced sense of superiority on display here, perhaps youve heard of it? Its quite appropriate for this situation.

"Theres a sucker born every minute." - P.T. Barnum

I am grateful for your statement however. I needed a good laugh. So thank you! ;)

Now first and for most, you should listen to yourself as well.  The people who are complaining about this being a p2w and saying they have to pay bills. . .why are you complaining since you should know ncsoft is a business.  You act high and mighty cause you say you need to pay bills.  I pay bills and yet I'm not one of those who complain about this game being a "p2w".  I spend what I can on the game and that's it.  Others who are old enough to work and don't yet complain. . .grow up. . .seriousily.  The world does not revolve around what you want. 

3 hours ago, BlinkMoth said:

Now first and for most, you should listen to yourself as well.  The people who are complaining about this being a p2w and saying they have to pay bills. . .why are you complaining since you should know ncsoft is a business.  You act high and mighty cause you say you need to pay bills.  I pay bills and yet I'm not one of those who complain about this game being a "p2w".  I spend what I can on the game and that's it.  Others who are old enough to work and don't yet complain. . .grow up. . .seriousily.  The world does not revolve around what you want. 

You 'bout done? Feel free to step down from your soap box when you are.

You have me all wrong. You see I'm not complaining about some fool, (yes fool, because no self respecting, responsible adult with one foot firmly planted in reality would spend $700 on pixels), whom wants to lord his overwhelming shame and regret over me. Nope, not at all.

I'm merely...laughing. Just laughing. At all the pompous windbags that think spending outrageous amounts of RL cash on pixels somehow makes them important.

See, I could spend that type of money on pixels, but then Id feel an overwhelming amount of shame that, well, simply wouldnt make it worth it.

But hey, your money. Feel free to do with it as you please. :)

P.T. Barnum was right all along. Every minute indeed.

2 hours ago, Mortal Kombat said:

You 'bout done? Feel free to step down from your soap box when you are.

You have me all wrong. You see I'm not complaining about some fool, (yes fool, because no self respecting, responsible adult with one foot firmly planted in reality would spend $700 on pixels), whom wants to lord his overwhelming shame and regret over me. Nope, not at all.

I'm merely...laughing. Just laughing. At all the pompous windbags that think spending outrageous amounts of RL cash on pixels somehow makes them important.

See, I could spend that type of money on pixels, but then Id feel an overwhelming amount of shame that, well, simply wouldnt make it worth it.

But hey, your money. Feel free to do with it as you please. :)

P.T. Barnum was right all along. Every minute indeed.

well , u can laugh as u wish.

but after i read your posto i want to know, in your opinion , who pays slary of NCwest employers then, if all our money goes directly to korea who feed west ? NA? RU? TW?

all your post is centered about others will to feels "higher than you" "pompous" and whatever. but really, what s your point?

do u really think that with noone putting money into the game u could play still?

anyway i really feel sad for those who put still money into this game. i mean , other games may deserve that, they have nice games , nice developing, nice infrastructures..meanwhile this game crash, fps drops, lag, u need a 2016pc to run this 2008-2012 game etc.

i hope it worth your money then

I also quit due to this..

It will get worse and worse, and the only one left to play this game will be the whales.

Why bother running arena when you can die without notice? This game is totally unbalanced.

People will always buy whatever shit is fed to them, so long as they keep buying it. Its perpetual.

Same shit with intel for example, they offer tiny increments in overall performance with new processors and charge high prices for them because they know they can get away with  it. Meaning people will still buy them. AMD is also to blame for this phenomenon because they're not competing on the level most of intel's mid and high end processors, so they sit back feed people shit scraps and the people claw and grab for it because epenis or are legit enthusiasts that dont have alternatives.

Here, there is an alternative to not buy but the buyers(whales or not) who keep feeding on the shit the publisher puts out their paper plate make it worse for themselves and everyone one else who'd like to get better value for their money but cant because the seller of the shit sees no reason to stop selling what people clearly buy in abundance.

Stupidity is the most dangerous thing in the world mostly because it negatively affects everyone exposed to it, regardless of their level or reasoning. Both the level headed and the fool will suffer because of the fool's actions. It is how it is.

35 minutes ago, RainbowDashie said:

this is the new skill patch. Just wait a little bit and WL will be nerfed to the ground again.

you know what is worse, they keep nerfing SM not only to the ground but to infinity.

32 minutes ago, K4t said:

People will always buy whatever shit is fed to them, so long as they keep buying it. Its perpetual.

Same shit with intel for example, they offer tiny increments in overall performance with new processors and charge high prices for them because they know they can get away with  it. Meaning people will still buy them. AMD is also to blame for this phenomenon because they're not competing on the level most of intel's mid and high end processors, so they sit back feed people shit scraps and the people claw and grab for it because epenis or are legit enthusiasts that dont have alternatives.

Here, there is an alternative to not buy but the buyers(whales or not) who keep feeding on the shit the publisher puts out their paper plate make it worse for themselves and everyone one else who'd like to get better value for their money but cant because the seller of the shit sees no reason to stop selling what people clearly buy in abundance.

Stupidity is the most dangerous thing in the world mostly because it negatively affects everyone exposed to it, regardless of their level or reasoning. Both the level headed and the fool will suffer because of the fool's actions. It is how it is.

Where can I sign?

12 hours ago, Half said:

If my main would have soul soul maxed, I could farm yeti or lair easily solo for ornaments and energie. Ok I could upgrade my weapon, then I would be able too, but with soul it would be easier I think. This awsome amount of cdmg and the proc (while burst phase ofc ^^) makes boss going down very easily.

And without maxed soul you cant do that? Thats what i mean. Of course it helps because your burst is incredible with max soul but honestly: The soul works for 6s every minute. Your main is FM, right? Do you watch your cooldowns so that you have your burst ready always when soul is ready? I doubt it and I say it's also not usefull to wait with high damage skills to be buffed later with the soul. Maybe when it's only a few seconds to wait but not more. In the end it isn't a game changer especially not on longer fights.

53 minutes ago, Kanemi said:

you know what is worse, they keep nerfing SM not only to the ground but to infinity.

People often say sum was nerfed way too much but for what? PVP? PVE? At least in pve they are still great if you know what to do.

9 minutes ago, Zedonia said:

People often say sum was nerfed way too much but for what? PVP? PVE? At least in pve they are still great if you know what to do.

Now those who were SCREAMING on ARENA 'NERF SM', can rest in piece.
SM is dead in pvp.

2 hours ago, K4t said:

And this is why I don't understand why people complain all the damn time.  Real life is a p2w anyway, and they need to complain about that.  The job market is no different either.  As well as going to college.  Your paying for a better education aka p2w.  People need to stop complaining over a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ game.  At the end of the day its a business like any other. 

1 hour ago, Zedonia said:

And without maxed soul you cant do that? Thats what i mean. Of course it helps because your burst is incredible with max soul but honestly: The soul works for 6s every minute. Your main is FM, right? Do you watch your cooldowns so that you have your burst ready always when soul is ready? I doubt it and I say it's also not usefull to wait with high damage skills to be buffed later with the soul. Maybe when it's only a few seconds to wait but not more. In the end it isn't a game changer especially not on longer fights.

its just... maxed soul... if you have someone in party with that... pve - 3x more burst, in general 60perc or more dps than anyone without it

that is plain broken piece of gear imho... pvp - got today one shotted - well one spinned - in 1s by destro with true soul LOL

then - farming things for it is just pure ridiculous broken, today yeomchul, i was not even able to target him, i saw him... most of times hes just invisible in such zerg, but targetable lmao... then it comes - 10s of 7fps uberlag, half of people just crash

hey so lets help them, with RNG BOXES - replies ncsoft

basicaly you can pass every gear, keep awakened scorpio and basic things, and get maxed soul, you still win... and thing is not obtainable by normal ways, in any reasonable time, i dont really rush

and standard run with 2 people in party with maxed soul, 2 not (i do regularly all dungeons with them), all easier dungeons - me soulburn, + blue buff, asap from start... every boss in all easier dungeons dies in 15-30s, asura dies before ice phase, be ido does 18 drills in row then dies... tomb lord dies after 5 grabs, zakhan dies right after 3rd invisibility

so yea, to answer your question "And without maxed soul you cant do that?" i say - in your dreams

3 minutes ago, Prototypemind said:

A game is supposed to be a fun escape, not a reflection of the harshness that is real life. I don't want RNG in my games or publishers who tell me that my time and money hold no value in terms of what my experience will be in their game. If I want to gamble I'll go to Vegas, at least I might see some tangible return there if I get lucky.

then play a different game or don't complain.  people keep forgetting that a business will do things they feel makes them money.

19 minutes ago, BlinkMoth said:

And this is why I don't understand why people complain all the damn time.  Real life is a p2w anyway, and they need to complain about that.  The job market is no different either.  As well as going to college.  Your paying for a better education aka p2w.  People need to stop complaining over a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ game.  At the end of the day its a business like any other. 

A game is supposed to be a fun escape, not a reflection of the harshness that is real life. I don't want RNG in my games or publishers who tell me that my time and money hold no value in terms of what my experience will be in their game. If I want to gamble I'll go to Vegas, at least I might see some tangible return there if I get lucky.

1 hour ago, Zedonia said:

Soul has not only a procc, it also has extra ap and cdmg. Even if you don't look at the cooldowns (but ofc, I will train it) Ice Rain (you're right, FM is my main) is up to 41% of the time (with soul badge). So 2 of 5 times it proccs while burst. But I'm always looking to optimize my rotations and that means I would check cd of souls aswell. Also you can kill some bosses faster like last boss in NF. So if you have 850 ap and if you can play your class well, you will skip (or you will be able to ignore) most boss mechanics. So gear will carry you in dungeons where other parties will wipe.

I'm not saying "oh oh oh there's a soul which is gamebreaking", I'm just saying "there's an item which is not only a little bonus like you said".

Btw Summoner are OP in battlegrounds because there aoe effects are too strong while surviveability is very high. But ofc - not only summoner are too strong there, battlegrounds need more attention for balancing, just saying that summoner are nerfed in wrong way.

23 minutes ago, BlinkMoth said:

I'm complaining about real life p2w and I'm using petitions to do something against it (like right to water in EU which affects other countries more then my own), but who cares about it in a game? I can open threads on forum, but who would care about it? But what care people here? Things which are concerned the game, because it's the game forum and not a politican talk forum. ;)

12 minutes ago, Half said:

I'm not saying "oh oh oh there's a soul which is gamebreaking", I'm just saying "there's an item which is not only a little bonus like you said".

i say in pvp its absolute ridiculous gamebreaking

and in pve - it boosts you more than 60perc, might consider it breaking quite alot

one piece of gear, one which is like impossible to farm, one which you can get by spending enough cash, it sucks

4 hours ago, K4t said:

^ Quoted for truth. Couldn't agree more.

Well...I don't care about whales in game because....

whales = keep game alive by spending money

free players = keep the population alive by involving in game

They are dependent on each other. Whales need someone to play/bully with or against in game or else they just play among themselves or with same people every day.

Free players need some rich guys to pay the company to keep the game ongoing or else they have nothing to play.

So, they should thanks to each other.

1 hour ago, Half said:

At least someone who understand that (FrozenB). But it would also work without such high defferent gear and there're still some games who show it to us.

I would say the only big differences now are the Soul. Max soul and stage 5 or below soul has huge difference in dps. To be honest, I don't know why they make the bonus from Soul so OP. 430 AP increase with additional critical dmg boost is like double or triple your dps. Especially in battleground now, our cdef seem useless when the soul bonus procc'ed.

I think they should add more ways to obtain evolved stones like having RNG drop rate in the dungeons like honorary ornaments.

2 hours ago, FrozenB said:

Well...I don't care about whales in game because....

whales = keep game alive by spending money

free players = keep the population alive by involving in game

They are dependent on each other. Whales need someone to play/bully with or against in game or else they just play among themselves or with same people every day.

Free players need some rich guys to pay the company to keep the game ongoing or else they have nothing to play.

So, they should thanks to each other.

Actually casual players, whom spend moderately though consistently, are the ones that keep games alive. Not "rich" whales.

If a game requires whales to keep it afloat, then the game isnt dying, its already dead. Being kept on life support simply for the sole purpose of milking said whales.

Hmm, now that I think about it, that sounds oddly familiar.

48 minutes ago, Mortal Kombat said:

Actually casual players, whom spend moderately though consistently, are the ones that keep games alive. Not "rich" whales.

If a game requires whales to keep it afloat, then the game isnt dying, its already dead. Being kept on life support simply for the sole purpose of milking said whales.

Hmm, now that I think about it, that sounds oddly familiar.

Then, can you tell me what are the other ways for the company to keep the game alive without milking the whales? At least I don't know they have other source of income from this game since this is f2p.

Actually, whales are the ones who spend moderately through consistently as well, not casual players. However, when something rare or good item on sales in HM store, they often spend big as well. Casual players don't need to spend money in game because you can just buy HM coins with golds in game. Maybe they just buy premium once in a while and that's it.

I think there are 3 different type of people in the game:

1) Whales = spend big trunk of money in game to get top gear in game ASAP and then only spend big money in game if something good on sales in HM store or in event like TROVE to buy tons of keys every day

2) Moderates = spend some money (less than a hundred) if something good on sales and buy premium regularly. Still, they have to spend lots of time to gear up in game.

3) Casual = Never spend any money in game (aka no premium at all) and only can buy stuff in HM store with exchanging in-game gold with hm coins. They get everything by grinding and camping bosses.

Archived