New RNG box they need more money!

finalfantasy7

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Amraith changed the title to New RNG box they need more money!

Of course. Dont tell me some of you are still surprised by these "events".

Heres how it works:

Retread, recolor, basically boring costumes go to the regular cash shop section readily available for purchase.

Original, unique, aesthetically pleasing costumes get hidden behind RNG scam boxes.

Its mobile games nickle and dime scamming 101.

Well yes, and they don't care what we think or say because at the end of the day we keep buying their crap.

If we don't want these "behind RNG wall scams" we need to stop buying them and I mean most of the population, they're not going to care if 20 free/low spending players say "we don't this" if 5 very high spending "blue whales" keep feeding their pockets. They will keep providing mediocre services if we keep taking them...simple.

9 minutes ago, DeadlyCode said:

Well yes, and they don't care what we think or say because at the end of the day we keep buying their crap.

If we don't want these "behind RNG wall scams" we need to stop buying them and I mean most of the population, they're not going to care if 20 free/low spending players say "we don't this" if 5 very high spending "blue whales" keep feeding their pockets. They will keep providing mediocre services if we keep taking them...simple.

Exactly.

Its why the EA's, Activisions, and Microsofts of the world get away with what they do. For every 1 conscious consumer out there with standards they will not bend, there are 1000 mindless zombies w/CC's ready and willing to hand money over for the tiniest of satisfactions.

Such is the way of the world.

35 minutes ago, Inundated said:

I gave up on the boxes... 39 boxes and I got absolute garbage, so I'm done.

Oh god I'm so happy I didn't burn all my money on them. I only bought 8 of those crap boxes and I got... crap. Someone punch me in the face for buying rng. T__T Never again.

Don't burn out yourself in the first day by buying tons of boxes, unless you're that rich in gold or USD.

Try to buy 1-2 boxes per day, or more, as long as you feel comfortable with it. And the spending should not cut too much into your budget and daily income.

Treat it as something with more chance for better rewards than Windrest lottery pouches.

Btw, I got Countdown upon second box :P

Considering quitting over this.

The last two troves at least had some sort of a trickle down effect with 100g gems in troves creating demand for gold in the currency exchange, but this shit here just means more players with level legendary souls without making it any easier for non-whales to get.

Hcoin price is already down 30% while sealed sacred oil, evolved stone still the same.

Bought 50 boxes cuase i really wanted the outfit but none, pretty much bad stuff only, will never try these anymore,

saw several with the costume the moment it hit the shop so thought they perhaps increased drop rate this time around but proly not,

my gambling and impulsivity took the best of me

51 minutes ago, Myrobots said:

Hcoin price is already down 30% while sealed sacred oil, evolved stone still the same.

You could always wait until the HMcoins prices go back up.

The price always plummets when something new and shiny comes out and everyone wants it since it's the first day.

You got till Jan 13th to get these RNG boxes if you really want them through HMcoins only.

14 minutes ago, Zuzu said:

You could always wait until the HMcoins prices go back up.

The price always plummets when something new and shiny comes out and everyone wants it since it's the first day.

You got till Jan 13th to get these RNG boxes if you really want them through HMcoins only.

Don't see the price rising back after this. The amount of mats the biggest spenders will get along with the sacred oils with this box will likely also set them up for the next few legendary tiers and probably a gem tier, and the supply wont probably dwindle enough to compensate.

The main issue though is just that with this box and the legendary soul, this games p2w levels are getting dangerously close to my tolerance threshold. Maybe i should just quit right now and not wait when some next rng box + 16000-gold costing item combination will finally cross that line.

1 hour ago, Myrobots said:

Don't see the price rising back after this. The amount of mats the biggest spenders will get along with the sacred oils with this box will likely also set them up for the next few legendary tiers and probably a gem tier, and the supply wont probably dwindle enough to compensate.

The main issue though is just that with this box and the legendary soul, this games p2w levels are getting dangerously close to my tolerance threshold. Maybe i should just quit right now and not wait when some next rng box + 16000-gold costing item combination will finally cross that line.

I've decided to stop playing the game seriously and just take it very casually. From this day forward I'll buy no NCoin (although I stopped buying them since September) and subscription, and will spend my gold on outfits and helping my guildies first before upgrading gears. I'll cut down my play time little by little until I find a new MMO to sink my time in, then I'll quit this game completely.

The game is just too obnoxiously P2W at this point. The heavy grinding already turned me off a little bit, but everyone had to grind so I was kinda fine with it, until they released all these RNGs (Summer Trove, Autumn Box, Autumn Trove, and Winter Box all back-to-back) to give whales massive advantage (like they didn't have already). The RNGs made us the more casual players that buys stuff with HMCoin and gold further behind, and at this point I give up.

I still like the game's outfits, and I got attracted to my character so much it's kinda hard for me to let go, so I'll still play the game just for the outfits. Other than that, ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ this game.

12 minutes ago, Cesura said:

500 boxes. No lunar flowers. 

Those WERE listed on the drop list, right? Unless it's like a 100 pack of flowers or something that seems kinda crazy. 

I'm more amazed at only 1 premium stone out of 500 boxes.

54 minutes ago, Zuzu said:

I'm more amazed at only 1 premium stone out of 500 boxes.

Except I expect rare coveted items like that to have near nonexistent drop rates. ESPECIALLY a trade-able one like the premium stones or the price would crash. 

Flowers on the other hand, I would have thought would be relatively common as a nontradeable currency material. 

Archived