Who thought upgrade bottnecking was a good idea

Mordith

At level 20??!!

End game, I can see. But, when I run 17 Blackram Narrows, use up every single charm on the epic box that we get from the quest, and I get:

8 Axes

2 Razors

2 Daggers

5 bracers

That's just plain stupid.

But wait, there's more! Not only do we get BONED out of progressing our damage to be even viable from Cinderlands onward, the dailies, which are supposed to give a decent chance at unsealing charms, DROP NOTHING BUT POTIONS!!!

Why even HAVE the dam list of "% chance to drop xyz", when the only goddammed thing that I EVER SEE anymore are potions?!!??!!??!?!?!

How the hell are we supposed to upgrade when we get blocked from day one?!!

I'm pretty sure you get your purple weapon for free through doing Story Quests now, if not your class weapon then a weapon chest that's from Blackram Narrows + Hongmoon Viridian Key to instantly give you your class weapon without RNG.

I haven't made a new character since the change so I don't know which one it is but it's most likely either one.

"Weapon and accessory upgrade materials are now available through story quests and survey rewards for Viridian Coast, Cinderlands, and Moonwater Plains."

"Various Soul Shield sets and Breakthrough weapons are now distributed as rewards through story quests."

However, if your character was already level 20 before the change then I do not think you were given the chance to get the weapon you're farming for after the change was applied. You can always contact support to see if they will give you the weapon or the weapon chest + hongmoon Viridian Coast key that was suppose to be rewarded to you while doing your story quest.

As for the Unsealing charms, you should be able to get more through doing your Surveys if anything or at some points in the Story quest you will receive them if I remember correctly.

Sources on the quote sentences:

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/welcome-back-to-blade-soul/

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/beluga-lagoon-patch-notes/

In addition to what everyone else has said, it's very easy to go through the Cinderlands story quest w/o the Narrows upgrade. My BM was well into Moonwater before I finally got her sword from Narrows (not sure what happened to that one's key). Have gone through cinder w/o upgrade on 3 classes now, solo, before the change (bad RNG, laziness, and not wanting to queue endlessly for Blackfried Narrows), truly, you're far from locked out on progress.

Archived