Need Help with Build, Rotation and Play

AliceInWonderland

I just made a BD and so far i manage to level it up to level 36

Is there a good guide about the skill build, rotation and play style for PvE and PvP

Skills usable when facing multiple mobs or single mobs, also for dealing with range mobs

Thank you!

PS. After the current patch since most i found was old guide before the patch

For leveling I'd recommend you a Wind build, focused mainly on Sunder(rmb). Aggro enemies, pull them in, q or e and Sunder away. If you face any single targets, use Lightning draw and finish them off. Later on, when you reach higher level dungeons, switch to Lightning build, as it is better for single target dps, and Sunder becomes only a means to deal with some groups of adds. 

As for the lightning build, your main objective is to try to keep Draw Stance up and anicancel with lmb>F>lmb,

For leveling, use Wind as in most cases you'll be facing groups of mobs where you simply AoE them down:
https://bnstree.com/tree/BD?b=SJqG-LWre

Here's a pretty basic Lightning build (you can change some skills to your preference, I've seen people use KD on Soaring Falcon and Fissure on Anklebiter):

https://bnstree.com/tree/BD?b=By6ylLbSx

(2 skills from the build are HMskills; Maelstrom and Lightning Draw; don't worry too much about them but focus on getting Maelstrom asap when you reach your Hongmoon levels as it is incredibly useful to shield the whole party from any dmg).

These are only basic templates for the builds, adjust them to your preference.

Concerning pvp, the basic template you can load in your skills tab can serve well, with some changes done generally, and some depending on enemies/what kind of pvp it is.

it's quite crit dependent... basically you Sunder till you get wind stacks, then use F, which fills 60% of your focus, but to get wind stacks you have to crit...

Since in lower lvls your crit isn't that high yet, try simply Sundering and then do a couple of autoattacks and sunder again till you're able to F..rinse and repeat.

You can also use Multislash to refill your focus.

Later, with lightning build, you'll rely on anicancel rmb/f/rmb/f for focus, that and flaming scourge whenever its available.

9 minutes ago, Hazzie said:

it's quite crit dependent... basically you Sunder till you get wind stacks, then use F, which fills 60% of your focus, but to get wind stacks you have to crit...

Since in lower lvls your crit isn't that high yet, try simply Sundering and then do a couple of autoattacks and sunder again till you're able to F..rinse and repeat.

You can also use Multislash to refill your focus.

Later, with lightning build, you'll rely on anicancel rmb/f/rmb/f for focus, that and flaming scourge whenever its available.

Thank you so much Hazzie

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to the game entirely, but this helped a lot. One thing I would like to know is what role I play in a group other than damage. Am I to focus on CC, go pure damage, or a mix, using CC when things are directly?

I'm also looking at playing a blade master, and was wondering the role they play in groups since they have a block. Damage, CC, or tank.

• 1 month later...
On 14.2.2017 at 6:05 AM, Knoxz said:

Yes but the speed at which the 2nd hit hits makes it even easier u can't miss a 2nd hit off lightning flash at all unless ofc u have such awesome ping u manage to do it too fast ( i think..)

yeah my ping is arround 19ms, can pretty easy screw it up and only let it hitting once :c

• 1 month later...
On 2017-02-12 at 6:21 PM, TecoTek said:

hey guys, i have a question about ani cancel.

Is it still up to date that my F has to hit 2 times before i ani cancel it with LMB?

Press F once and your character will hit twice. So do F -> LMB -> F -> LMB

Archived