MSP Raids becoming less and less...

Shirolicious

It has become harder and harder finding raids to do MSP. Thus harder getting the flowers to finish your soulshields.

And the insane droprate getting legendary's from drops doesn't help either.

Can you please make the droprate on legendaries a bit higher or something? Because honestly lately it becomes quite a chore to get a raid going. 

Getting the amount of flowers needed is already pretty absurd combined with the RNG elements of not getting the right stats on SS.

But now with the element of also having less and less people interested in doing MSP its getting to a  frustrating point collecting your SS.

Would like to see some improvements there if possible NCSoft.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They should make the event boxes permanently. Im glad that I got 5 pieces because now it's really not worth the time if you already did the daily quests. On our server most groups are only doing 1-4 now so its even worse than in the beginning. Maybe it will be better when we need the flowers again or when people decide to get more than pieces 1-5 because of new ss from black tower.

I agree with you Shirolicious, MSP is Pretty Much Dead now, your lucky to even find party to do daily... And only you can find rarely 1-4, Since event ended I never saw anyone doing 1-6 anymore, I don't mind The drop rate from boxes tho, as long as MSP is running, and not staying dead. So getting Legendary SoulShields is very long run, and don't forget you need to upgrade them too... which is even more frustrating with the current MSP, cuz hardly anyone doing it.

I agree since the double boxes stopped on the dynamics and alot of people now having pieces 1-5 there's barely anyone going past stage 3(daily) or 4 meaning  getting the  6,7 or 8 piece through RNG  is not possible. Furthermore if you decide to grind them out and trade the lunar twilight plants into dragon express using the purple moonlight crystals it would take 1720 lunar twilight plants with gaining an average of 8 plants per non daily raid just to get 6,7,8 as a premium player, not to mention the rng on the stats, the primers, the disconnections/random client crashes that happen all too frequently.

If you take that Average of 8 plants per run that's 215 stage 1-4 Turtle Raid runs to get 6 7 and 8 from dragon express.

I really think they should bring back atleast the double chests they had in at the start as msp is kinda ridiculous now.

I said it before and gonna repeat it again. MSP is very, very, very unrewarding.

With current number of plants obtained and/or required for 1 flower its horrible grindfest.

Even getting 1-5 without rng blessing is HARD. Getting 6-8 is insane. Getting more 1-8 shields for good rolls and fusing is beyond insane from the perspective of wasted time.

So, yes, Normal players will leave it in time, Most will get 1-5 and leave it,  because wasting hours every day during week just to get one more SS is too much. Especially since there are tons of other more rewarding content.

In KR, a run of 1-5 MSP drops legendary soul shields like candies.

In KR, running dungeons give you Lunar Flowers.

In NA, you have none. Or at least, have not yet, since MSP is relatively a recent content. Give it time to become old and mossy, and NCSoft will eventually make it easier to get Lunar flowers.

However, I don't expect easier grind until you have the next set of legendary soul shields from Black Skyscraper raid.

Bleh, yeah, they need to do something to incentivize running this instance more. I see so few runs, that at my current pace, it's going to be a few months until I get my 1-5, much less getting shields that won't result in a huge hit to my stats. Overall, it's just plain depressing that I'm now at the point where it's finding other people that's stopping my own progression.

How much of this I wonder has to do with the ridiculous AP standards enforced by the very whales that ravage new content into the ground as soon as it appears then suddenly disappear?

1) Ridiculous AP requirements for...->

2) High end content introduced far too quickly in comparison to Korea, which then...->

3) Toxic elitist minority alienates majority on, coupled with...->

4) Very few new players, the ones whom stuck by cant catch up to aforementioned whales and l33ts, even if they manage to do so they are then forced into....->

5) See number 1.

Is it any wonder why new content has a very short shelf life in this game? When only the op 5% of CC heros get to fully take advantage of said content the only surprise is that it lasts as long as it does. In most cases, 3-4 weeks.

They could fix MSP by doing a few simple things:

-increase the plants gained from the dynamics at 2/4/6 to match the stage (2 plants from the 2 box, 4 plants from the 4 box, 6 plants from the 6 box dynamics)

-add in the weekly quest that gives flowers for doing S5 (which shouldve been added from the get-go)

-add in evolved stones to the S5/6 boss boxes (1-2/1-3 respectively)

Doing these things would make 1-4 runs a little more appealing by allowing a slight increase on plants (good for everyone) while adding in the weekly + evolved stones would solve the issue of stone farming (dont forget you need 1575 stones in total for NOW; there will be further Soul upgrades in the future) and make 1-6 runs far more worth doing and revive these runs (not to mention gaining more plants per full run). Even on my server group (Jiwan/Soha/Dochun), you rarely see 1-6 runs going on because the time it takes is not worth the rewards you gain.

6 hours ago, Miayu said:

My guess: The people who already have their 8 set don't want to join that laggy freeze + crash raid ever again. Thus less and less people for raid every day.

I advise people who already have 8-set or 5-set to continue to do the MSP for at least for the dailies starting from now. In future when Celestial Basin comes out,  you will need 50-60 flowers for the Mystic Badges.

Majority of players rushed their 5 or 8 soulshield pieces during the event when MSP was released. 

Now that the event is gone, we see less and less parties grouping to farm MSP, simply because there's ZERO reason to come back there if you got your pieces already.

I always join stage 1-4 because it's so rare to find a stage 5-6 that can actually finish it, takes forever to get 20 plants, at least 3 rounds of stage 1-4 to make 1 flower.

Make the daily gives 10g, it would push everyone to do it, everyone wins. 

After getting my last piece (10 flowers away), i'm NEVER going there again, there's no reason, not profitable, bad time consuming.

I don't even bother with this raid and I wasn't too crazy about it when it came out. I'm just collecting stuff for flowers from dailies and eventually in few years hopefully I'll get those Soul shields with needed stats till then my Asura-Twisted is more than enough, once I'm done with my accessories I'll start running EC and DT to get SS from there and that's it. I prefer not to wreck my nerves with this shitty RNG heavy raid. 

• Amraith changed the title to Make MSP profitable because it's dying fast.
1 hour ago, Beleth said:

I don't even bother with this raid and I wasn't too crazy about it when it came out. I'm just collecting stuff for flowers from dailies and eventually in few years hopefully I'll get those Soul shields with needed stats till then my Asura-Twisted is more than enough, once I'm done with my accessories I'll start running EC and DT to get SS from there and that's it. I prefer not to wreck my nerves with this shitty RNG heavy raid. 

Its very nice to see that some people dont follow  the "rush-trend". Good job!

6 hours ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

I advise people who already have 8-set or 5-set to continue to do the MSP for at least for the dailies starting from now. In future when Celestial Basin comes out,  you will need 50-60 flowers for the Mystic Badges.

I saw people with full 8 set posting over 200 flowers. The people who farmed it during that event got more than enough for all future things. Of course they dont do it ever again.

6 hours ago, Odrakis said:

I think the problem is that the Black Tower raid will probably come in January or February - so why should people bother doing the MSP daylies? Just wait for BT and stop wasting your time now...at leats that's what I think.

The people who still need flowers are most likely the ones without really high gear because these people could farm it during the event very easily, at least on my server with all these 1-6 groups all day. You also must not forget that black tower is much harder than MSP and you got only 1 run per week. People with lower gear will have an extremely hard time even getting one piece from there. Most groups for MSP are 1-4 because most people cant do more because of gear, ping and/or personal skill. During the event the good groups completed 1-6 faster than 1-4 groups do it now. You see many people below 600 ap in MSP and thats ok for 1-4 but these people simply cant do 5 and 6 and they will definitely not get shields from black tower with that gear.

4 hours ago, raik7768 said:

After getting my last piece (10 flowers away), i'm NEVER going there again, there's no reason, not profitable, bad time consuming.

They will release a mystic badge for what you need flowers so I think you will do it again if it's worth for your class.

Profitable is nice, but I think the main thing midnight ssp lacks is any fun. Separating into small groups to kill the same mob over and over again in one part of the map to then come together to kill the same boss over and over again while experiencing lag issues is certainly not my definition of fun.

11 hours ago, Meese said:

They could fix MSP by doing a few simple things:

-increase the plants gained from the dynamics at 2/4/6 to match the stage (2 plants from the 2 box, 4 plants from the 4 box, 6 plants from the 6 box dynamics)

-add in the weekly quest that gives flowers for doing S5 (which shouldve been added from the get-go)

-add in evolved stones to the S5/6 boss boxes (1-2/1-3 respectively)

Doing these things would make 1-4 runs a little more appealing by allowing a slight increase on plants (good for everyone) while adding in the weekly + evolved stones would solve the issue of stone farming (dont forget you need 1575 stones in total for NOW; there will be further Soul upgrades in the future) and make 1-6 runs far more worth doing and revive these runs (not to mention gaining more plants per full run). Even on my server group (Jiwan/Soha/Dochun), you rarely see 1-6 runs going on because the time it takes is not worth the rewards you gain.

I think that might actually do the trick. Up the rate of  twilight plants from each stage box (2/4/6) combined with the Evolved Stones that people are looking to gain as well atm.

Good suggestion.

:(

it's really nice when the raid cooperates and splits up nicely so each stage is done in like 5 min.

it's really annoying when the raid doesn't, and it's like 1 person trying to do all 3 mushrooms, 5 people at thrasher, and everyone else afk around middle.

I was hoping MSP wouldn't suffer the same fate as every other 24-man raid, considering how nice legendary ss are, but............

5 hours ago, Zedonia said:

They will release a mystic badge for what you need flowers so I think you will do it again if it's worth for your class.

ppl that actually farmed msp knew about it and saved up their flowers.

I don't think msp raid will increase by alot even then.

just popped the lid on another three piece 4's that i bought from the vendor right now.

got accuracy + evasion on all three pieces.

that's a whole upgrade of zero, for 51 flowers.

last time I did this, it took me four tries to get crit on piece 3.

I can faintly hear it now.

someone is saying "but its legendary, its meant to be hard work!"

and i'll say this now, here is the analogy.

you go to your job and put in 40 hours "hard work" in two weeks.
boss comes out to your staff body of twenty employees and fans out in his hands, twenty envelopes.
he says, one envelope contains $100, another has $250, $500, $1000, and lastly $2000. and the rest contains nothing.

puts them down on the table and walks off.

sorry but at the risk of being called a whiny little loser, MSP has lost another participant until this situation changes. :(

Archived