Remove mechanics skipping with damage

CrimsonDuskEU

How I said, if you have enough damage, you will skip mechanics. Boss will be dead befor he's using any mechanic. Is your gear well enough you're also able to ignore some mechanics which wipe low geared people (masts first boss for example) and that's the point of thread opener.

On 12/23/2016 at 9:06 PM, Zedonia said:

You can't skip most mechanics in tomb, cita and definitely not in foundry. You also can't skip them completely in masts and gloom unless all people got godlike gear but even then probably not in 4 man. All other dungeons are meaningless because they are old. No one cares.

The p2w players usually only really care for the newest dungeons and as I said, there is no problem. It doesnt matter if you have to do a mechanic once, twice or more often, you cant skip them totally.

You can skip Mechanic in Masts, Our clan never pick Flowers kill both on spot, then last boss, Kill on spot, like a normal mob, We skip mechanic on last boss in Foundry, Nexus skip all mechanic, In Tomb you can't skip mechanic, no matter what, and can't for cita, More dungeons then you think, you can skip mechanic.

2 hours ago, SayhaSeer said:

Our clan never pick Flowers kill both on spot, then last boss, Kill on spot, like a normal mob

Thats not skipping, its ignoring.

We skip mechanic on last boss in Foundry

So you kill him before he enrages without doing the balls at all? I doubt it.

Nexus skip all mechanic

I doubt you can kill the last boss without letting him start any mechanic. Same as before, its ignoring, not skipping. Learn the difference please.

People keep saying: DPS does not matter. You have to do mechanic or wipe.

Well, high DPS or not, you still get wipe if you don't follow mechanic. However, unlike low DPS that has to execute everything perfectly and race against enrage timer, high DPS has the luxury room for mistakes.

For example in Nexus' first boss, which is an easy but mechanic-based dungeon:

-For low DPS group that can only deal like 30% of his HP before he goes into CC phase, you have to through three of his CC phases, and have to do it flawlessly. One mistake and you don't have time to win the timer.

-For high DPS group that can deal over 50% of his HP, you have the luxury to get mistakes for twice. Of course, it is not a pleasant experience, but at least it won't result in a total reset.

Now, for harder and mechanic-based dungeon, like last boss of Naryu Foundry:

-For low DPS group, you have to drive perfectly, through all four phase, while deal sustainable DPS. Phase 3 and 4 has shorter timer and two balls spawn at once, so more chance to wipe.

-For high DPS group, if you can bring him down to 60% HP in the first phase, then you don't need to execute Phase 3 and 4. Just go through two first phases, then skip the 3-4th phases with a DPS race.

In conclusion, people have high DPS have it much easier to do the dungeons, which is also the purpose of their gear upgrade. What is the point of gear upgrade, if every boss become too mechanic-based like Tower of (Cringe-worthy) Memory. What is the point to get stronger in a RPG/MMORPG when you cannot experience the growth of your characters?

Being able to skip/ignore mechanics is one of the luxury that players strive for when upgrade their gear. So I say no to the making of complete mechanic-based content.

All I'm getting from this topic is:

"I'm jealous that others have better gear than me and can clear dungeons faster and be allowed to make more mistakes than me. So unfair! NC please nerf!"

and,

"I want people with 700+ AP to have no advantage when doing lower level dungeons compared to someone with 400 AP. Their DPS too high! They simply melt everything!"

Really. If someone is geared for HM12+, why shouldn't they breeze through anything below that? Because of what exactly? Because you don't have that level of gear so you think it's unfair that people who do can do such?

"Pay to win" this "pay to win" that, this is a business, it needs to be kept afloat, that is done by paying players, not free loaders. If no one pays, the game dies; operations move to places were people will pay. Before you complain about players "paying to win", let that settle first. That you have a game because of these "pay to win" players.

On 25. 12. 2016 at 9:08 PM, Zedonia said:

There is a difference between skipping and ignoring. Can your group beat the first 2 bosses in tomb without letting them any mechanicß I doubt it so you can't skip it. You can ignore mechanics even with 500 ap but you cant skip them. Same for cita. skip =/= ignore.

you can ignore mechanics like ... wives at gibu, shields at robot, cc at gurkha, invis on zakhan... but you cant really ignore the need of hmblock dandelion etc...

so yea you can burn almost through everything, except 4man tomb, 4man citadel, and foundry, but it still needs brain, and party protection

5 hours ago, swpz said:

All I'm getting from this topic is:

"I'm jealous that others have better gear than me and can clear dungeons faster and be allowed to make more mistakes than me. So unfair! NC please nerf!"

and,

"I want people with 700+ AP to have no advantage when doing lower level dungeons compared to someone with 400 AP. Their DPS too high! They simply melt everything!"

Really. If someone is geared for HM12+, why shouldn't they breeze through anything below that? Because of what exactly? Because you don't have that level of gear so you think it's unfair that people who do can do such?

"Pay to win" this "pay to win" that, this is a business, it needs to be kept afloat, that is done by paying players, not free loaders. If no one pays, the game dies; operations move to places were people will pay. Before you complain about players "paying to win", let that settle first. That you have a game because of these "pay to win" players.

i actually enjoy mechanics and all, problem is, that ppl have to run (and i stress have to!) every single crap 300+++++ times to get what they need

and after 10-20 runs, rarely more, its mostly annoying to think about given dungeon, cause its all so nobrain grind

tho, skipping mechanics, burning through them, needs brain too

and about "pay to win" - question is how much... and i stand stunned and amazed, how much actually some people are willing / able to pay... for just game... QQ

3 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

You realize trying to breeze through mechanics on Heavenpiercer and Taikhan basically amounts to a wipe? You can happily allow Heavenpiercer to blow up drills, or let Taikhan not cleanse your corrupted water stacks.

Uh no?

Be Ido if go summoning robots right after the drill launch, you can just CC him to buy time. Consider your DPS is that high, 5s is more than enough to wipe all drills. You only need him to kill the robots with second quake, or you can do it yourself, or you have to do it yourself if they are 118 robots. Or you can avoid all of this trouble by putting the drill a little far away from Be Ido.

For Taikhan, you can just bring him down before the stack goes over your ability to heal. If you have a Summoner/Soul Fighter, you basically just need to press DPS as hard as possible. When he is near death, people even stand on water to bring him down.

If you have trouble with these, then it means: you don't react very well about sudden change of mechanic

Btw, for Foundry group, if you can bring him down to 50% or below HP after phase 1, it means you can skip phase 2 and above and just press on DPS.

Not every boss can be killed just with dps... first boss in DC need the mech or the party will die, final boss of Nexus need the mech or the party will die, first boss in Nexus, well the party will not die, but i'm pretty sure you can't kill him without mech, same with first boss of EC, and the same with the final boss, maybe you can kill him fast, but you need to do the mech you like it or not, but well you can skip the blooms in Asura if you have bb and sb even if you're not p2w, you can do the same with almost every boss in this game, with buff, but like i said, like p2w people there is no way you can skip some mech of the endgame bosses, and if you try, you will die, even if you're p2w or not, if you don't do that mech you will die like the rest. 

First boss at nexus can be killed easy with good geared pple. We killed him  few times before first mech. Pt was like 6x 680+ ap, sb+ blue buff at start and Hes easy to kill. 40-50k+ dps. Once even at 4 but pt was 1x700+ 2x 750+ 1x 680+, sin,bd,FM and wl

Make mechanics harder? Do you understand that it will affect not only whales, but all players? I need a lot of materials for upgrades, and beign almost f2p (I have premium, spent few bucks for outfit, 2nd tab in skill book but didn't spend cash on gear), I try to skip mechanics when its possible. I do Yeti with 550+ to get those couple of daily golds and some materials, not to take a look on it's beautiful mechanics, which I did see enough times. And I don't mind whales do it too. More ppl getting materials easier = lower prices in F5, so faster character growth for me.

What bothers me is whales in 6vs6, but thats a completely different story. Actually I do dungeons and progress in game only because of that, otherwise there is nothing to do here, cause I completed all main quests and most of blue ones.

18 hours ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

If you have trouble with these, then it means: you don't react very well about sudden change of mechanic

Except majority of parties I've been in don't do this. I don't see anyone else trying to CC Heavenpiercer (and sometimes they get mad when it happens) and sometimes not killing the drills fast enough, and more often than not I see people getting overwhelmed by Taikhan's corrupted water.

You're right that if you can react accordingly no one will die, but failing to do so CAN effectively trigger a wipe.

On 12/23/2016 at 4:23 PM, Zuzu said:

My goodness, all I read from the OP's post was "P2W this, P2W that".

You're making it sound like it's an actual problem to clear a dungeon easily since they took the time(and money if you did cash for upgrades) to actually gear up; pretty much what you would do in ANY game that has gear progression.

And the only dungeons you can skip mechanics and just outright kill the boss is Awakened Necropolis(Cold Storage and Heaven's Mandate as well but the bosses still do their "phases" so you can't really skip it but they die pretty fast nonetheless).

So I have no clue what you're ranting about.

The problem is it creates an overly high expectation by cross-server players to clear dungeons by putting high AP requirements, and this puts casual and newer players at a disadvantage because not all can reach the reqs these guys demand.

You could actually clear Desolate Tomb at 575 AP and Ebondrake Citadel at 600 AP (Citadel being higher because the mechanic doesn't help too much unlike Tomb), and even Naryu Foundry can be cleared at 600 AP (although 650 is definitely safer), yet most people puts 700 as the requirements for them, 650 being the lowest for Tomb and Citadel. As someone that's played the game since launch, I can't catch up to the 700 requirement (I have 678) because I spent some gold on outfits as well. At this point you'd probably blame me for buying outfits, but to put it into better perspective, I used to play the game for 8+ hours per day, and I bet most casual players don't have that much time to spare to farm gold, and as such, are put into a situation where they have to buy gold or they'll never be able to catch up, especially with the very fast updates they release (which was a good thing, mind you)

At this point I have given up on trying to upgrade, and just play the game for the outfits and spend much less time on farming.

16 hours ago, Terminek said:

First boss at nexus can be killed easy with good geared pple. We killed him  few times before first mech. Pt was like 6x 680+ ap, sb+ blue buff at start and Hes easy to kill. 40-50k+ dps. Once even at 4 but pt was 1x700+ 2x 750+ 1x 680+, sin,bd,FM and wl

BB+SB changes extremely much. A FM alone can do > 100k dps with both buffs. People who say you can skip so much usually have both in the Team. Try it without both and it wont be that easy. 6 man is out of topic. Doing 6 man is a waste of time anyway with exception of foundry trough F8 so there is no need to bother with that. But yes, you can kill 1st boss in Nexus without mechs.

people need top stop complaining about this game being p2w.  You want a p2w game?  go play grand chase or any other games along that line.  Oh look you got a weapon with 200 Atk, 20 def, crit 30?  Why not go spend 10 bucks and get the gold version which has 250 Atk, 30 def, 40 crit!!!  That is a p2w game and yes I played that game and many more like it.  This game is more of pay to progress or not pay and have a long painful grind.

Well...I think it is okay to skip mechanics if you have OP gears. However, I don't suggest them to make the boss easier to kill like lowering their HP since it was released. For example, the yeti dungeon.

Now, I often find that 650+ AP players don't know the mechanic for yeti, especially summoners. They kept knocking down the boss, used cat to hold down the boss, and even spammed rooting the boss so that it couldn't jump. Of course it is party wipe when we are out of party iframe.

9 hours ago, FrozenB said:

Well...I think it is okay to skip mechanics if you have OP gears. However, I don't suggest them to make the boss easier to kill like lowering their HP since it was released. For example, the yeti dungeon.

Now, I often find that 650+ AP players don't know the mechanic for yeti, especially summoners. They kept knocking down the boss, used cat to hold down the boss, and even spammed rooting the boss so that it couldn't jump. Of course it is party wipe when we are out of party iframe.

well most ppl nowadays bother with yeti mechanics only when soloing, otw you just burn him after first jump

mechanics are fun, but skipping them is also bit mechanics and thats also fun... with zero rng on drops in dungeons, its needed, cause you have to run them all 300+++ times, or better more

Archived