Remove mechanics skipping with damage

CrimsonDuskEU

And boom PVE no more pay2win problem solved. As of now, with p2w gear you can skip 90% mechanics as long as your dps is high enough. Also, P2W players are stupidly overgeared in EU/NA and you don't even have to do the mechanics to clear a "hard" dungeon. I know it won't happen, but hey if you ever plan on making PVE no more pay2win here's an idea you could forward to the KR dev team.

P2W players will still spend money to have an advantage in OPVP, so it won't hurt sales either. Although I Can imagine the backlash and QQ it might cause since P2W players are usually not very good at this game? Actually nvm, don't do it you will lose all the P2W players who won't be able to clear the dungeons.

You can't skip most mechanics in tomb, cita and definitely not in foundry. You also can't skip them completely in masts and gloom unless all people got godlike gear but even then probably not in 4 man. All other dungeons are meaningless because they are old. No one cares.

The p2w players usually only really care for the newest dungeons and as I said, there is no problem. It doesnt matter if you have to do a mechanic once, twice or more often, you cant skip them totally.

My goodness, all I read from the OP's post was "P2W this, P2W that".

You're making it sound like it's an actual problem to clear a dungeon easily since they took the time(and money if you did cash for upgrades) to actually gear up; pretty much what you would do in ANY game that has gear progression.

And the only dungeons you can skip mechanics and just outright kill the boss is Awakened Necropolis(Cold Storage and Heaven's Mandate as well but the bosses still do their "phases" so you can't really skip it but they die pretty fast nonetheless).

So I have no clue what you're ranting about.

33 minutes ago, Zedonia said:

You can't skip most mechanics in tomb, cita and definitely not in foundry. You also can't skip them completely in masts and gloom unless all people got godlike gear but even then probably not in 4 man. All other dungeons are meaningless because they are old. No one cares.

The p2w players usually only really care for the newest dungeons and as I said, there is no problem. It doesnt matter if you have to do a mechanic once, twice or more often, you cant skip them totally.

desolate tomb:

wives: 70-0 with my team

robot: 2phase and wipe

final boss: first phase at 50% seems quite skipping

ebondrake:

first boss erased asap by pure dps

second boss is stupidly dps-able

final boss is dangerous because stealth cd, but u can do with a proper team compo

foundry:

dps+ cc to boss easy kill

dps bridge boss

except cc jump syncro is dps race

final boss usually we do 1 mechanic then erase by dps

u cannot skip them totally, but u can largely skip the most of it.

13 minutes ago, Joelvtx said:

Could you elaborate on the dungeon?

Pretty much a dungeon thats heavily mechanic based alongside with DPSing.

If you mess up some mechanics it can make the raid wipe in one go.

But he's just overly exaggerating on how it will effect us when it comes here.

5 hours ago, NightFer said:

Dont worry guys, black skyscraper is coming next month. This is the one dungeon that will either make 90% of the whales quit, or completely kill the western release :D

No it won't lol. They said the same thing about Tomb and Foundry, people were clearing both with ease within two hours of servers coming up.

I was going to give an actual answer to this but then i saw how many the original post. Way to stir up the pot there crimson.. guess you are bored.

2 hours ago, KlausFlouride said:

No it won't lol. They said the same thing about Tomb and Foundry, people were clearing both with ease within two hours of servers coming up.

Actually it might be the whales only that can run it. Clan on TW said you need at least 24 people with 750+ that know the dungeon. But it's a money maker that is for sure.

5 hours ago, KlausFlouride said:

6/4 man mechs dont compare to 24-man mechs where many people must work together and do mechanics at the same time (sometimes multiple groups doing different things at once). You need pretty great coordination for doing these dungeons. Dmg wont be the problem, completing the unforgiving mechanics will be.

As for removing mechanic skipping, I see no point. You gain gear in order to progress through content and do previous content faster.

13 hours ago, Zedonia said:

Sry, but you're wrong.

Masts is completly skipable with 800+ap gear. You don't die at charge of first boss (red one), because you belt and your pet save you. Change red/blue side with flowers is no needed anymore. At last boss you can stay in water until boss is dead (and even if not, staying in water hole is not a hard mechanic ... stunning etc don't needed since it heals only 5% of boss hp).

Tombs you can skip mechs at first and second boss totaly. Ok last boss I think dps can't be high enough to skip everything, but skipping 30-0 is not that hard with this gear. (maybe 60-0 could be able with enough dps)

Cita first and 2nd boss is possible to skip every mechanic (but it's very hard then, ofc) and as more dps you have as less mechanics are used by boss. Last boss is skipable totaly (you even don't need an assasin or summoner to stealth).

Foundry is partly skipable atm, but with further gear you will be able for it too. Now you can just decrease the amount of mechanics and it makes last boss  very easy (1 time 8 lightning balls and then burst boss down is usual with better gear).

Anyway, it doesn't care for me since it's only pve.

17 hours ago, Zedonia said:

oh my clan ignores mechanics in tomb 6man pretty easy, someone dies so what... boss is melted in 4max 5grabs... first two bosses you ignore without anyone dieing... you can ignore wives complete, just sb at 75 + hmblock + blue buff... you can ignore shields on robot, just sheath slams

and citadel... last boss we done 5man without stealth ages ago, with not so geared group... you can ignore mechanics on gurkha... on magolka is better to kill adds, but could be ignored as well

these two dungeons tho 4man, hardly you can ignore mechanics, and foundry 4 or 6man, cant ignore lol that would be messy

so... 3 4man dungeons and 1 6man, you cant ignore, rest you can just melt through anything

fm with good gear, good soul, and elemental earring or more elemental accs... does 200k dps in sb... just short fuse and hold 2... soo balanced xD

My question is... How would this work?

I invision 2 scenarios.

1st..  mechanics happen regardless of DPS..

So now a party of 6x whales go in. mechanics are happening so fast CD's don't have time to reset and ... WIPE

ahh Man we got so much DPS winning is impossible!so 3x whales need to group with 3x very under geared people to beat the encounter.

or 2nd.. So that mechanics can happen at a reasonable pace, DPS is capped at X, no matter what your gear is.

❤ ❤ ❤ ❤! Why the hell did I spend so much time or money getting this damn gear if it doesn't mean shit!!!!!

Is there a 3rd option that would make this actually feasible?

14 minutes ago, Mythbinder said:

My question is... How would this work?

I invision 2 scenarios.

1st..  mechanics happen regardless of DPS..

So now a party of 6x whales go in. mechanics are happening so fast CD's don't have time to reset and ... WIPE

ahh Man we got so much DPS winning is impossible!so 3x whales need to group with 3x very under geared people to beat the encounter.

or 2nd.. So that mechanics can happen at a reasonable pace, DPS is capped at X, no matter what your gear is.

❤ ❤ ❤ ❤! Why the hell did I spend so much time or money getting this damn gear if it doesn't mean shit!!!!!

Is there a 3rd option that would make this actually feasible?

Boss get damage immunity while mechanics phase.

6 hours ago, KzE said:

Boss get damage immunity while mechanics phase.

That would work! Annoying but works.

OK Boss is immune, lets kick back wait for that mechanic.. Cause ya know everyone loves sitting around waiting for things in dungeons.

Along that line can someone buy Hae Mujin premium? That guy takes forever to regenerate his chi.

28 minutes ago, Shukran said:

put an example using some actual endgame bosses to see if it could works properly

Lets spend 6 mins watching yeti do 3x heat phase + 3x ice phase instead of doing the boss in 20 secs woooooooooooow

6 minutes ago, adbe said:

Lets spend 6 mins watching yeti do 3x heat phase + 3x ice phase instead of doing the boss in 20 secs woooooooooooow

that s what im asking.

anyway yeti is no more end game boss. 

i mean desolate/ebon/foundry boss to start with

31 minutes ago, adbe said:

At heat phase you dont need boss invu, its only needed when icicles fall and mushroom unfroze. Thats like +15 sec time / phase.

On 24.12.2016 at 11:25 AM, Half said:

Tombs you can skip mechs at first and second boss totaly. Ok last boss I think dps can't be high enough to skip everything, but skipping 30-0 is not that hard with this gear. (maybe 60-0 could be able with enough dps)

Cita first and 2nd boss is possible to skip every mechanic (but it's very hard then, ofc) and as more dps you have as less mechanics are used by boss. Last boss is skipable totaly (you even don't need an assasin or summoner to stealth).

There is a difference between skipping and ignoring. Can your group beat the first 2 bosses in tomb without letting them any mechanicß I doubt it so you can't skip it. You can ignore mechanics even with 500 ap but you cant skip them. Same for cita. skip =/= ignore.

Archived