Latency Issues

Viblo

Joining the latency issues trend.

Ever since I upgraded both my computer and my internet connection, I have received no lag on any game at all. Of course, I have had some slight delays while playing BNS as everyone else, but other than that, I haven't really been affected by it.

I was in arena doing some 1v1's, with my first opponent being an Assassin. However, it didn't even warp me from the "preperation platform" to the actual arena. I was just completely stuck for about a minute, and after that, I got warped to the arena but no one was even there. After waiting some more, I was able to exit.

Next opponent: A Force Master. The first round was just as horrible as the second.

Please keep a keen eye on my skill hotbar, as I spam press my skills while nothing is happening. The outline glow up when being pressed.

Is there any way to tell if this is caused on my end or not?

the problem is the bad servers. especially in arena and dungeons the ping is higher. in EU, people from even Germany have 150+ ms and server is located in Germany. in any game i play that the server is located in EU i never get above 80 ms. i have less than 70ms when i play Battlefield 1 on server that is in Germany like B&S is. on B&S i got more than 200 ms

i have the same problem like you too..spamming the skill button nothing happen but the mob keep on attacking me till i die..honestly its kinda annoying because my fps 50+ and my ping like 200-300ms at world map...while at dungeon my fps like 30-40 and ping 300-500ms still have the same situation...i can see the the boss/mob/my party members attacking just fine but when im pressing my skill button nothing happen...

2 hours ago, Ginki said:

the problem is the bad servers. especially in arena and dungeons the ping is higher. in EU, people from even Germany have 150+ ms and server is located in Germany. in any game i play that the server is located in EU i never get above 80 ms. i have less than 70ms when i play Battlefield 1 on server that is in Germany like B&S is. on B&S i got more than 200 ms

Well its not fully about servers the ping is related from your distance till server. Yes ofc the lag can be related to server side only if servers are DDOSed that will take all the connection and ull have very high ping and u wont rly like it. 

So the ping problems can be related from 3 points 

1. From your home till your ISP, here your router can be lagging, your isp station can cause lags or even ISP itself 

2. From your ISP till Germany, any checkpoint your connection is going through can cause your high ping and lags 

3. Server side, that would be as i mentioned DDOS problem, that can be the ISP that provides their service for the servers has problems and so on 

And as ur saying all the Germans have 150 ping till the German servers, if u are checking with ingame provided ping check it doesn't go to Germany but it goes to NA login server as the login server for bns is one.

Im using wtfast to get my connection a bit more stable so when im on home server i get 44 ping. But when im on login server wtfast is reading somewhere 160 ping, and after when i login in game and if i check the ping there the game is reading 160 ping too, so i think the ingame ping is reading from the login server 

21 minutes ago, Tsuzor said:

Well its not fully about servers the ping is related from your distance till server. Yes ofc the lag can be related to server side only if servers are DDOSed that will take all the connection and ull have very high ping and u wont rly like it. 

So the ping problems can be related from 3 points 

1. From your home till your ISP, here your router can be lagging, your isp station can cause lags or even ISP itself 

2. From your ISP till Germany, any checkpoint your connection is going through can cause your high ping and lags 

3. Server side, that would be as i mentioned DDOS problem, that can be the ISP that provides their service for the servers has problems and so on 

And as ur saying all the Germans have 150 ping till the German servers, if u are checking with ingame provided ping check it doesn't go to Germany but it goes to NA login server as the login server for bns is one.

Im using wtfast to get my connection a bit more stable so when im on home server i get 44 ping. But when im on login server wtfast is reading somewhere 160 ping, and after when i login in game and if i check the ping there the game is reading 160 ping too, so i think the ingame ping is reading from the login server 

as i said in my previous reply, i have less than 80 ms on Battlefield 1 if the server is located in Germany(i have good connection), so my distance is more than ok as it seems

1. how exactly my router causes lag etc only on B&S and not in any other game? that's literally impossible. i play 3 fps and 2 mmo and i've never contacted my ISP to see if there's a problem

2. for B&S i have contacted my ISP a long time ago and there's no problem

i didn't say all Germans. i've read in forum, youtube, etc that even people from Germany have high ping

18 minutes ago, Ginki said:

as i said in my previous reply, i have less than 80 ms on Battlefield 1 if the server is located in Germany(i have good connection), so my distance is more than ok as it seems

1. how exactly my router causes lag etc only on B&S and not in any other game? that's literally impossible. i play 3 fps and 2 mmo and i've never contacted my ISP to see if there's a problem

2. for B&S i have contacted my ISP a long ago and there's no problem

i didn't say all Germans. i've read in forum, youtube, etc that even people from Germany have high ping

Well for everyone the rout is different:

lets say u live in point A (your country)  and u want to get till point Z (bns servers)

for your connection to get there from Point A to Z u must use points F, G , H ,K ,O ,P and your isp doesnt control thos points its just the rout that your isp selected to get till there, and in one of thos points can be lagging or cause your lags 

and for me to get till bns servers i would use different points thats not lagging and its all fine for me, 

Tell u the fact all the time i play BNS i have seen some servers laggs when the game just oppened and servers where overfilling and crashing, and not long ago one where my isp had problems cuz my bns was lagging and my brothers CS:GO was lagging too, 

Well than again there can be some problems between your isp and the isp that provides the service for the servers 

Archived