Can we get dev confrimation on this?

DirectorTseng

Yesterday Taiwan implemented a new weapon upgrade tree, and overly simplified one that removed hongmoon to true Scorpion from the upgrade list. Weapons that fell with in that spectrum  were no long upgradeable and could only be salvaged. Oathbreaker and higher awarded you gem hammers, gold and the new weapon stage 10 (if you were breeze or higher you were given the second upgraded weapon stage 10)
Anything under was reduced to a blue weapon, and any new player the hongmoon weapon is completely removed.

I found a thread dated back in August on BNS dojo for the Korean server where a player was asking about the same thing which showed Korea got it implemented 4 months ago.

As is NA seemed to always get content about 2 months after TW now. So I would and I know many many other player would live dev confirmation on if this update is going to be applied to NA/EU.. possibly in the next few months. Cause frankly I want to know if it's worth still upgrading my weapons or if I can sit where I'm at now cause in a matter of months I'm going to have to salvage my weapon anyway.

b0d6ba0cd41bdf99244cea7f023a9861.png12bed96400f4360088d8fc38259e037f.png

They simplify everything up to True Scorpio, and replace it with disposable blue weapons for low-end and the White Moon path for mid-end.

I say you should just progress with your current weapon and benefit from it. I don't think the new path will come into effect too soon. No point hoarding and crippling your own performance and dungeon accessibility (AP-gated pugs).

55 minutes ago, JoannaRamira said:

Tell us more about this Upgrade.

Is it means that we no longer have say.. infernal, true infernal, profanes too ?

Well My true profane will be a historical artifact maybe X3

My WL on there had infernal.. I couldn't upgrade it and when I salvaged it I got a storm Siren weapon in it's place. When you start out you never receive a hongmoon weapon so there is no way to upgrade to infernal or anything.

52 minutes ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

They simplify everything up to True Scorpio, and replace it with disposable blue weapons for low-end and the White Moon path for mid-end.

I say you should just progress with your current weapon and benefit from it. I don't think the new path will come into effect too soon. No point hoarding and crippling your own performance and dungeon accessibility (AP-gated pugs).

My main is sitting 640, and my others are well into the 500's not much I can't run at this point. For lower levels yeah I can see still upgrading trying to get at least breeze, but for those in like true breeze and scorpion which have the high enough AP. Is it really worth pumping all that money into a weapon we're just going to destroy in a few months? That's why it would be nice if the dev's could give an answer and a possibility of when if it is going to be implemented. Cause that is a lot of money that can be squirled away for legendary. It also would be as hard a hit as the legendary discount was a few weeks ago.

2 hours ago, DirectorTseng said:

My WL on there had infernal.. I couldn't upgrade it and when I salvaged it I got a storm Siren weapon in it's place. When you start out you never receive a hongmoon weapon so there is no way to upgrade to infernal or anything.

My main is sitting 640, and my others are well into the 500's not much I can't run at this point. For lower levels yeah I can see still upgrading trying to get at least breeze, but for those in like true breeze and scorpion which have the high enough AP. Is it really worth pumping all that money into a weapon we're just going to destroy in a few months? That's why it would be nice if the dev's could give an answer and a possibility of when if it is going to be implemented. Cause that is a lot of money that can be squirled away for legendary. It also would be as hard a hit as the legendary discount was a few weeks ago.

They won't tell you until the time comes. Such news will affect the marketplace and material supply.

With a gear progression system like this game, you will always face the period where new grind is introduced and old grind is reduced, be it material discounts or revamped weapon path. The only moment when you can safely invest without worrying about future reduction is playing the game in its maintenance mode, where no new content is ever introduced again.

With that said, just play and live for the moment. People grief about legendary cuz they only know about the discount for like one week ahead. People who have the legendary weapon months ahead simply don't care, cuz they already benefit enough. The more you wait, the less you benefit from your upgrade.

1 hour ago, Shadzar said:

So someone still stuck needing the Warrior weapon from Mushin's tower from THAT long ago, this means what? My Pirate 5 weapon i should give up upgrading and not even bother and just upgrade my accessories instead?

Yes, but you should do junghado every day at least 10+ runs. Not only for farming the weapon boxes, but also to get 200 marks of warrior, which you can use to buy YOUR CLASS weapon from the vendor.

2 hours ago, Shadzar said:

So someone still stuck needing the Warrior weapon from Mushin's tower from THAT long ago, this means what? My Pirate 5 weapon i should give up upgrading and not even bother and just upgrade my accessories instead?

Not that you should give upgrading... Remember some content still need AP to do, just do like Raizou said, do Junghado and farm you weapon, you can upgrade ur accessories to Awakened Oathbreaker and keep upgrading ur weapon... Remember, those changes may take time to arrive in NA/EU.

Yes u will Get Like 550+ AP when u finish all the quests and weapon will be given when u finish some quest, u dont need to follow hongmoon path from the beginning, and u will get lot of Moonwater Keys, and silverfrost keys, for Weapons, upgrade path are easy at begining, and u will be like 600+ when u finsih quests,

Reason why they did? cause Dungeons are lot Harder and people are all in 450+ and grinding SSP for Upgrade so They Give lot AP so u dont have to suffer low lvl Grind,

+ Naryu Labrynth Drops Dragon Weapon that weapon is Max Weapon there now, cause Seraph/Baeful Stage 12 -> Raven Stage 9 -> And the DragonGod 

Those Are the New Weapons and Changes They Did

They Wont Be in EU For Months Cause we are not In Gowen City Map With Story,

3 hours ago, Hanadeus said:

Yes u will Get Like 550+ AP when u finish all the quests and weapon will be given when u finish some quest, u dont need to follow hongmoon path from the beginning, and u will get lot of Moonwater Keys, and silverfrost keys, for Weapons, upgrade path are easy at begining, and u will be like 600+ when u finsih quests,

Reason why they did? cause Dungeons are lot Harder and people are all in 450+ and grinding SSP for Upgrade so They Give lot AP so u dont have to suffer low lvl Grind,

+ Naryu Labrynth Drops Dragon Weapon that weapon is Max Weapon there now, cause Seraph/Baeful Stage 12 -> Raven Stage 9 -> And the DragonGod 

Those Are the New Weapons and Changes They Did

They Wont Be in EU For Months Cause we are not In Gowen City Map With Story,

for dropping a dragon weapon no one runs Naryu which is kind of funny though once I get another upgrade or two I can solo it or snag one of my clanny's to duo it with me.

The Gowen city is our next major story update so it shouldn't be to far away now.

12 hours ago, Hanadeus said:

just want to remember that we wont get dragon/tiger legendary. and the next better weapon is from vortex ;) something called Kin Lun? weapon.

14 hours ago, Cheung said:

Not that you should give upgrading... Remember some content still need AP to do, just do like Raizou said, do Junghado and farm you weapon, you can upgrade ur accessories to Awakened Oathbreaker and keep upgrading ur weapon... Remember, those changes may take time to arrive in NA/EU.

Or they'll never arrive in NA/EU... Korea didn't get the update at all and NA just streamlined everything up to oathbreaker anyway

On 12/21/2016 at 11:24 PM, DirectorTseng said:

for dropping a dragon weapon no one runs Naryu which is kind of funny though once I get another upgrade or two I can solo it or snag one of my clanny's to duo it with me.

The Gowen city is our next major story update so it shouldn't be to far away now.

Gwon city = New Soul Orbs, people putting lot money to upgrade the soul now, but if they release Gwon with new Souls People will Rage AF 

On 12/22/2016 at 8:18 AM, RainbowDashie said:

just want to remember that we wont get dragon/tiger legendary. and the next better weapon is from vortex ;) something called Kin Lun? weapon.

Nope those will get released cause right now Dragon god is most AP Weapon, Seraph Goes to Raven and Raven goes to Dragon God, in the End Dragon Weapons are Must

On 12/26/2016 at 3:49 AM, Hanadeus said:

Gwon city = New Soul Orbs, people putting lot money to upgrade the soul now, but if they release Gwon with new Souls People will Rage AF 

Nope those will get released cause right now Dragon god is most AP Weapon, Seraph Goes to Raven and Raven goes to Dragon God, in the End Dragon Weapons are Must

That was what I was talking to a friend about. They were saying the same that dragon weapons weren't coming but you look on TW and the searph line goes right into raven and raven into dragon god.. so you need the dragon weapons

as to the soul i'm not touching mine, now that i see what is coming i've stalled almost all upgrades.

On 12/27/2016 at 3:47 AM, DirectorTseng said:

That was what I was talking to a friend about. They were saying the same that dragon weapons weren't coming but you look on TW and the searph line goes right into raven and raven into dragon god.. so you need the dragon weapons

as to the soul i'm not touching mine, now that i see what is coming i've stalled almost all upgrades.

They didnt add that means, it will take like year for that upadate, if i am right after Seraph was released like stage 3, 6, 9 , Upcoming 12,

Then They will release Rave stage 3 , 6, 9, and then Dragon Weapons, Either way will be Long Grind

Archived