[Suggestion] Tower of Infinity Difficulty due to Ping Rate

Azurelis

CONCLUSION AFTER DISCUSSION IN THIS THREAD:

Had a thought, maybe its easier if the publishers / developers have decided to place the tower of infinity token in the Hongmoon/NC store so that becomes another alternative way of acquiring without having to change anything in the game's current system.

At least players can still farm gold in game, do the currency exchange to the required NC/HM Currency to buy it so ping/ms rate no longer becomes an issue.

Well at least we players get an alternative and NC gets a way to make more money to sustain the server. Win win situation for both i guess.

Original starting post:

Hi everyone & developers(publishers)

I play a mix of PVE & PVP content, which i am sure is what developers design the game for.

However, I was wondering if there are anyways to acquire PVP (tower of infinity tokens) in a less time consuming manner for asia players.

With a ping rate of 450-550ms at times 580-600ms, its quite hard to engage in a PVP session be it in tower of infinity itself or in the tower trial matches. 

Not sure if fury token rewards can be increased or added from stage one onwards or difficulty of AI can be slightly reduced to accommodate high ping players, but if the intention is to stay competitive, i honestly hope for token rewards to be increase and added from stage one onwards, at least the target of 90 tokens (70 for premium users) can be reachable and less grinding. 

Hope someone can consider this suggestion and perhaps let those with higher ping have a slightly better chance to achieve their goals.

Best wishes to all for the coming holidays :)

Cya

Az

They decreased the tokens and made them no trade. It will take you approx 175 runs to get one badge, some of the badges are total crap. With your ping you can forget it, it's way to high. I do okay with 350ms. You're fighting an AI that doesn't make any mistakes, has zero CD skills, can use skills from multiple trees(SUM using bee's/sunflower), AND has zero ping. They have no intention of fixing anything in ToI(busted buggy AI, crap rewards, etc.).

4 hours ago, Leodore said:

They also use skills that we don't even have yet lol, the FM uses ranged Heatwave X_X, i'm super jealous lol.

We won't have ranged heatwave for a very very very long time >_<

I thought I was going crazy when I saw that multiple times, but I guess I was on point. Well the AI do have CDs but they are using the seraph legendary (almost all bots) which procs when they get attacked (the buff itself doesnt show, but the overstack buff shows when it reaches 10 stacks) so thats where the CD reset comes from. Yes they do have 0 ping and their reaction/prediction time is much faster than a normal human. Maybe later on they will reduce the dificulty to actually reflect the floors better. We can only hope that happens :)

15 hours ago, NightFer said:

I thought I was going crazy when I saw that multiple times, but I guess I was on point. Well the AI do have CDs but they are using the seraph legendary (almost all bots) which procs when they get attacked (the buff itself doesnt show, but the overstack buff shows when it reaches 10 stacks) so thats where the CD reset comes from. Yes they do have 0 ping and their reaction/prediction time is much faster than a normal human. Maybe later on they will reduce the dificulty to actually reflect the floors better. We can only hope that happens :)

The legendary weapon proc is a myth. The Korean devs themselves state that the AI has ever decreasing cooldowns the higher you go up in the tower as a means of increasing the difficulty. However, most folks who spend enough time in there have seen more than a handful of impossible combos and triple usage of skills to recognize a complete lack of cooldowns. Which honestly makes a lot of sense in terms of programming, it's far easier to program AI responses to players in a fashion that approximates cooldowns than it is to try and prevent the AI crashing from hard-limits on skill usage.

• 2 weeks later...

well i dont know how to term it, game balancing?

the least they can do is give those with high ping rate another method or increase the rewards slightly for the token so that its not so torturous. 

to get 1 fragment out of 10 to make 1 full token, you need to hit floor 25 and for some of us, hitting iframe button 8 times and it still doesn't activate, its more or less not possible and making it worst is fighting Ai with high damage,  no cool down, advance skills that we players don't have, and zero mistake combos which can be really hard for the eye to keep up.

so that gives us only 1 token per week after each weeks reset. you need 70 for a premium member, thats 70 weeks. Divide that by 4 weeks per month and thats 17.5 months. isn't that more than a year and still won't get it?

if only they can lower the difficulty or lower the floor level to get fragments or at least increase the rewards weekly by abit more or give an alternative method to acquire the tokens or its fragements. 

gosh i spent like an hour and couldn't get anything out of it earlier. don't even feel like spending any money on a game thats hardly enjoyable in this aspect.

If you live in an Asian country why are you playing a game based on american servers? If your ping is that bad why not just play on an asian server where the game came from?

Honestly ive already had a rant earlier about broken some of the things in ToI are, but honestly i cant agree with someone asking for bigger rewards when you yourself is the biggest part of the problem. The game doesnt locate you, it doesnt know where you are at in the world in relation to the server, it just knows that it takes longer for your commands to be recived. So i couldnt and never would agree with giving bigger rewards for someone that wants to play so far away.

10 hours ago, Duriensbane said:

If you live in an Asian country why are you playing a game based on american servers? If your ping is that bad why not just play on an asian server where the game came from?

There are way more english speakers in some of these Asian country than Mandarin (TW Or China Server), Japan (JP Server) and Korea (KR Server) I myself got english since Elementary school. Not mandarin, Japan or Korean.  So clearly it's impossible for me to play on those server.

Maybe if they open server in Singapore or Malaysia i would consider to move.

----

English patch does not solve coordination problem at all, especially in difficult DG like Tomb, Citadel, Foundry and soon Black tower and Naryu Sanctum. How you could expect to coordinate with other teammate when they speak different language.  

11 hours ago, Duriensbane said:

Honestly ive already had a rant earlier about broken some of the things in ToI are, but honestly i cant agree with someone asking for bigger rewards when you yourself is the biggest part of the problem. The game doesnt locate you, it doesnt know where you are at in the world in relation to the server, it just knows that it takes longer for your commands to be recived. So i couldnt and never would agree with giving bigger rewards for someone that wants to play so far away.

Hi Duriensbane,

I understand your point and i do respect your opinion. Just that i hope that you do understand language issues that players face in those asia servers. If you happen to know about a blade and soul server that is fully Officially English other than North America server, please kindly enlighten us.

Just like what JoannaRamira said in a very nice manner, its hard in every aspect from understanding skill information (which not all server have exactly the same) to coordinating in dungeons etc. Its not going to be a game that we are playing but rather a chore that we will be managing.

Hope you see the issues that we face and know where we are coming from. Honestly, I am not surprised that comments like yours attempting to shut us down as you don't face this issue nor understand it, but what i was surprise is that most members in this forum were knowledgeable and did understand a bigger picture which may be also the reason why they didn't come in and shut us down with such a response.

This post goes to thank everyone who saw the issues we faced as well. Thanks for understanding and taking the time to read.

Have a merry christmas ahead.

PS: if right now they have an asia server that is of reasonable ping rate to us and is fully official in English, it will mean Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Phillipines, and Vietnam players in it. Given how big WCG (World Cyber Games) championship is in Singapore, you can imagine so many players flooding the game. I for one would surely move like what you suggested.
Above is also partly due to the fact that almost every house in singapore is wired with 1Gbps connection. Its just a shame that developers/publishers are not seeing it.

(See this thread that forum managers closed instantly. I am not sure if they are aware of the numbers "in demand" that they are referring to. minimum 6 countries with that many players and well infra-structured award winning network , telling me its a lack of demand isn't really a good response. Try opening one in Singapore and they'll see results. Just look at how many gaming companies have migrated here and have started their office here.)  I really hope their marketing team can really get some updated research rather than sticking to old data. And i am not surprise that this thread will be closed soon. =D

Had a thought, maybe its easier if the publishers / developers have decided to place the tower of infinity token in the Hongmoon/NC store so that becomes another alternative way of acquiring without having to change anything in the game's current system.

At least players can still farm gold in game, do the currency exchange to the required NC/HM Currency to buy it so ping/ms rate no longer becomes an issue.

Well at least we players get an alternative and NC gets a way to make more money to sustain the server. Win win situation for both i guess.

Think above jolly well concludes this discussion. lol

Archived