[Suggestion] Why let others earn it when you can take it all?

Azurelis

Hi Everyone & Developers(Publishers),

I am just writing with an honest thought in mind, anyone can feel free to comment in this thread and your opinions will be respected and shared as it stand. 

For starters, B&S is ping focus, especially melee classes in particular. Its a great game with nice mechanics, graphics & animation which is why players still play it in asia despite having high pings. I noticed that alot of players out there use "ping reduction softwares" which requires monthly subscription of approximately USD$9.99 per month. (I know its not illegal but not encouraged as I also read up on the issue).

Now, I am not sure how much would it take to set up a server be it needing technicians and cost factors, but what i do know is Ncsoft does have all the resources and knowledge to set one up. Just that whether it is profitable to sustain in the long run for the company.

But the way I see it, so much money is pouring into the market and there are now so many competitive ping reduction softwares around, with so much cash flowing to these companies, has it come across to NCsoft to earn them rather than let others take it?

From what i know, most of us are playing in NA server cause its game client is stable, and most importantly its in english.

But most of us are having pings from 450 to 550, making it pretty tough to enjoy the game in cross server PVE content or even PVP in arena/tower infinity

Would be good to have a english server somewhere in asia region. 

I know many companies be it mobile or online gaming are setting up in Singapore for its solid infrastructure. Perhaps its worth considering.

Well, I ain't very hopeful this post will reach out much as i know many such topics/request has gone by over the years, but just sharing my thoughts on why so much cash flowing out isn't earned by NCsoft to keep the game more sustainable.

Wishing everyone who's reading a good day/night ahead & may you have a Merry Christmas up ahead too.

Cya!
Azu

1 hour ago, Azurelis said:

Hi Everyone & Developers(Publishers),

I am just writing with an honest thought in mind, anyone can feel free to comment in this thread and your opinions will be respected and shared as it stand. 

For starters, B&S is ping focus, especially melee classes in particular. Its a great game with nice mechanics, graphics & animation which is why players still play it in asia despite having high pings. I noticed that alot of players out there use "ping reduction softwares" which requires monthly subscription of approximately USD$9.99 per month. (I know its not illegal but not encouraged as I also read up on the issue).

Now, I am not sure how much would it take to set up a server be it needing technicians and cost factors, but what i do know is Ncsoft does have all the resources and knowledge to set one up. Just that whether it is profitable to sustain in the long run for the company.

But the way I see it, so much money is pouring into the market and there are now so many competitive ping reduction softwares around, with so much cash flowing to these companies, has it come across to NCsoft to earn them rather than let others take it?

From what i know, most of us are playing in NA server cause its game client is stable, and most importantly its in english.

But most of us are having pings from 450 to 550, making it pretty tough to enjoy the game in cross server PVE content or even PVP in arena/tower infinity

Would be good to have a english server somewhere in asia region. 

I know many companies be it mobile or online gaming are setting up in Singapore for its solid infrastructure. Perhaps its worth considering.

Well, I ain't very hopeful this post will reach out much as i know many such topics/request has gone by over the years, but just sharing my thoughts on why so much cash flowing out isn't earned by NCsoft to keep the game more sustainable.

Wishing everyone who's reading a good day/night ahead & may you have a Merry Christmas up ahead too.

Cya!
Azu

Yes! Especially for players from Asia like myself. Majority of my peers have join the taiwan server. I would very much would like  to but I have invested so much in NA server. I really do hope there are great improvement to be introduce so as to lower our ping. I remember when I started playing, the Ping is really manageable wich is around 300. But now had become 400 to 500 plus. As an assassin myself, I felt I could not play well due to the high ping.  Merry XMAS to you too!

On 12/11/2016 at 8:05 PM, t3lvin said:

Yes! Especially for players from Asia like myself. Majority of my peers have join the taiwan server. I would very much would like  to but I have invested so much in NA server. I really do hope there are great improvement to be introduce so as to lower our ping. I remember when I started playing, the Ping is really manageable wich is around 300. But now had become 400 to 500 plus. As an assassin myself, I felt I could not play well due to the high ping.  Merry XMAS to you too!

Merry Christmas to you too ;)

• NCSOFT

Hey Azurelis,

The answer is rather simple, if we were to own and maintain the same network infrastructure as these companies just for a single product and just for some users (not everyone needs to use that and players from SEA are a small minority), then we would probably have to charge you several times what these companies charge you to recoup our investments, meaning that no one would pay for the service in the end.

That's basically it. It's just a scalability and return on investment issue. We cannot invest into Datacenters all around the World just to satisfy a small demand. And even if we assume that having a Datacenter in this region would stimulate demand, such an operation wouldn't be profitable. We don't guesstimate such things, the decision of opening a new Datacenter isn't something we take lightly nor something we would do solely because some players are requesting it through forums or petitions.

If we could achieve that while being profitable, this would have been done already :)

Merry Christmas in advance as well :)

Archived