Doesn't really apply for BnS I guess since different regional publishers makes their own rules... but still... :o

ander01se

The problem isnt the percentage of drop rates.The problem is no matter what ppl will still buy those,to get the rare item.

If noone bought rng boxes,then they would stop to make them,easy solution :P

So hopefully they would make other means to get rare item,more easier for us.

Showing what's the % of wining something would be a shoot in the foot.

For example, I only do DC for the 1,000g chance, but if I was told day one that my chances were 0.001%, I wouldn't have spend so much in trying. Now that I know my (impossible) odds of wining, I'm afraid to just give up all the 'hard work' on gearing up for DC.

They NEED to keep players ignorant of how low are their chances or they would never even try.

4 hours ago, KlausFlouride said:

IF they told us any of the RNG rates the game would die in 24 hours.

Not necessarily. Excessive gamblers enjoys gambling, bad odds or no. Addicts dont care for logic.

Besides when it comes to the exact odds and percentages involved with gambling, an old adage holds true:

"Ignorance is bliss."

People won't quit over that. Vindictus and a number of other cash-hungry games have revealed that their rates are ass and players still buy like their wallets are an endangered species and they want to violate them to death as quickly as possible. Showing the rates will have little impact, gamblers believe in the gambler's fallacy and their number is sure to come up any day now.

Archived