Forums

PSA - Frozen Firing Range

DrowningEarth

1. Don't pull the lever until you've confirmed that EVERYONE has loaded in and is in control of their character

2. Don't recruit in dungeon if you've already started and someone left. Given load times and how fast the dungeon is, it is highly likely that joining players won't be able to complete the dynamic quest (50 banshee kills). All you're doing is wasting their daily entry.

3. Don't leave unless you're absolutely sure the run is going to fail/get mediocre rewards. If you leave at the start or the middle, you've just wasted 5 other people's time in finding a party.

Ugh, I did run where someone thought it was 'cute' to run in hit the lever and then dip. After they left, others followed and I couldn't get my daily :(. It was actually really sad because I can only come on real quick to do that daily.

1 hour ago, Meginb said:

Only join groups in the chat of F8, do NOT use LFP for this place because it's really, really easy to get into fail/troll groups. You are far more likely to get all 6 chests with the premade ones.

I have never been in a grp that failed to get all 6 chests. I do them fairly early tho 10am-11am server time, not many trolls on around then. But question, does a damaged chest give same rewards as a fully undamaged 1? or does any damage to the chest reduce rewards?

rewards I've seen so far are pretty mediocre, some pots, flakes and naryu tablets.

6/ There are six waves with 60 mobs in total, each waves give 10 mobs. If by the time you hit wave 6th and you have less than 40 mobs, or finish stage 6 without reaching 50 mobs, better just leave, cuz you're going to fail dynamic quest, which is the main point of this event, especially to people who use resets and can only benefit from dynamic quests after done with daily quests. Do not worry much about people who left behind when quest fails, cuz they will quickly leave after you, or even leave before you, lol. As long as you don't kill the final boss, the dungeon can be re-run.

7/ If you are a Warlock, starting from Wave 3 and onward, every time the red gate appears, drop your gun and summon your Thrall away from the handrail, then get your gun again. If yeti throwers spawn, they will only attack the Thrall.

1 hour ago, Mythbinder said:

I have never been in a grp that failed to get all 6 chests. I do them fairly early tho 10am-11am server time, not many trolls on around then. But question, does a damaged chest give same rewards as a fully undamaged 1? or does any damage to the chest reduce rewards?

rewards I've seen so far are pretty mediocre, some pots, flakes and naryu tablets.

16... 16 runs it took me to get a group capable of getting all 6 chests... I've just given up on LFP for this event and am resorting to premades in the chat. Which is a pity because I prefer to just hit LFP and go with whatever random people I get. This event is now the exception. -_-;

7 hours ago, Meginb said:

16... 16 runs it took me to get a group capable of getting all 6 chests... I've just given up on LFP for this event and am resorting to premades in the chat. Which is a pity because I prefer to just hit LFP and go with whatever random people I get. This event is now the exception. -_-;

You sir, have bad luck.  I've only ran the thing twice, both LFP and we got 6 chests each time.

14 hours ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

7/ If you are a Warlock, starting from Wave 3 and onward, every time the red gate appears, drop your gun and summon your Thrall away from the handrail, then get your gun again. If yeti throwers spawn, they will only attack the Thrall.

thank you so much for this tip! i never knew this could work before,this is a wonderful idea! ^^ i tried this today and it works perfectly,it just made me love my WL more.

sad thing was we did not have a guide for this dungeon on earlier days, i remember reading someone posted tower of memory guide on the 1st day it came out, but there were none for this dungeon,so we all just went in blindly. Only the people who watch the stream gets the idea what it is like.it is still not a guide though.

22 minutes ago, Naeza said:

thank you so much for this tip! i never knew this could work before,this is a wonderful idea! ^^ i tried this today and it works perfectly,it just made me love my WL more.

sad thing was we did not have a guide for this dungeon on earlier days, i remember reading someone posted tower of memory guide on the 1st day it came out, but there were none for this dungeon,so we all just went in blindly. Only the people who watch the stream gets the idea what it is like.it is still not a guide though.

If you want a guide, I made one here: https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/5h3wez/short_guide_for_frozen_firing_range/

21 hours ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

6/ There are six waves with 60 mobs in total, each waves give 10 mobs. If by the time you hit wave 6th and you have less than 40 mobs, or finish stage 6 without reaching 50 mobs, better just leave, cuz you're going to fail dynamic quest, which is the main point of this event, especially to people who use resets and can only benefit from dynamic quests after done with daily quests. Do not worry much about people who left behind when quest fails, cuz they will quickly leave after you, or even leave before you, lol. As long as you don't kill the final boss, the dungeon can be re-run.

Except there is the daily quest itself which is just killing the Yeti boss and gives you the two coin stuff. I don't know about you but I would still like to get those.

22 hours ago, werat said:

Except there is the daily quest itself which is just killing the Yeti boss and gives you the two coin stuff. I don't know about you but I would still like to get those.

Both dynamic and daily quest requires you to kill yeti boss. If you only do it once per day, you would want both, since you would get more snowflake that way.

On 10-12-2016 at 8:53 PM, BlinkMoth said:

Do not jump off the cliff, you will die and may screw your team. . .

THIS. I wish I had read this earlier. Why isn't it an invisible wall in the first place?! Now I feel stupid for something that shouldn't  even be my fault in the first place.

11 hours ago, Shikkichu said:

Also be sure to bid because from the daily and DC itself you won't even have enough for the hexa, let alone the hepta

Erm, you get like 6 snowflakes each day from both FFR quests and the DC, from the start of the event to the end is 43 days... 6x43=258. Hex Gem is 150 snowflakes, Hep transmute is 200. Just from DC and FFR you can get the Hex OR if you already had the Hex from the Token of Loyalty event you can get the Hep. It sucks you can't get both unless you buy all the snowflakes up or spend money in the cash shop but you can get A gem eventually.

Archived