Forums

And now you are pay-to-win

8 hours ago, Leodore said:

It appears that you did not read my thread, because my thread was definitiely not about how broken it is, my thread was about how giving us paths to increase our damage insanely high, but not a way to survive being attacked by such damage will change the way we play, enjoy, or move forward with our future gear based pvp endeavors. How even if two people with max'd gear meet up and fight, one of them will die nearly instantly (or who ever's invuln shield goes down first). 

Oh wow I like longer fights and I can tell u I kinda enjoyed taking 10 mins to kill a fully geared BM with Leg pet. playing with my KFM killing ppl in a matter of seconds would be key for some matchups but I don't like the way they patch the gear in.

The soul should've come out a lil later tbh we still lack the pvp leg ring and other leg. pvp stuff

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your soul might cut of all RNG but is still more expensive to upgrade. That was not designed to get it on day 1 unless you buy gold from gold sellers. How is that not pay to win? Please enlighten me.

I remember lots of people complaining that BnS was "pay-to-win." Having come from a much worse MMO in this regard, I always white knighted and claimed that, "nah, this is pay for convenience." I kept

Did you two mean they farmed with their credit card? There is no way they can get all those mats simply by farming and having all other gears and gems at max. Oh did I mention their alts too are in fu

53 minutes ago, SilentOne said:

meanwhile i sold 60 evolved stones farmed when i was doing beastbog for dc and GHS for exp about 1 month ago to get more space in the stash for 8s each or so. Meh.

save your iframes and watch enemy status. When his soul buff proc, just iframe it/run/block/parry/cc. Its for 6s per min. I'm not saying that this is not new p2w wall, but also it is not such big deal. Eventually i will be glad to have some1 with maxed up soul in team.

Saving your Iframes to survive a proc in a 6vs6 scenario is unrealistic.

2 hours ago, SilentOne said:

meanwhile i sold 60 evolved stones farmed when i was doing beastbog for dc and GHS for exp about 1 month ago to get more space in the stash for 8s each or so. Meh.

save your iframes and watch enemy status. When his soul buff proc, just iframe it/run/block/parry/cc. Its for 6s per min. I'm not saying that this is not new p2w wall, but also it is not such big deal. Eventually i will be glad to have some1 with maxed up soul in team.

in 6v6 things are a bit more chaotic than that, there are several situations you need to use your iframes to just survive, but to save your iframes for a single proc (which you'd have to be watching all of their icons, instead of the fight) seems a bit impossible. I've got 5 other enemies I have to worry about, and then ontop of that, with time, it'll be 6 enemies with it (and of course,5 allies and myself with it), and quickly dying all of the time is going to be boring for everyone very quickly i think. 

8 minutes ago, SilentOne said:

if you fight 1v1 in 6v6 bg, its easy to take care of enemy status and use wisely your def skills. If you fight in 4v4 battle and 3 enemies will aim you at once while your trinket is on cd you are dead regardless of their soul

If you fight 1vs1 in 6v6 you or the other team is doing something wrong, any other scenario is about team play. It's make more sense to talk about CC's or utility skills than "save your I'frames".

1 hour ago, Draelth said:

If you fight 1vs1 in 6v6 you or the other team is doing something wrong, any other scenario is about team play. It's make more sense to talk about CC's or utility skills than "save your I'frames".

oh my god. OP said there are no defense against some1 boosted with soul buff.

i'm saying that in 1v1 you can take care of it and in group fight you will die anyway even if opponents are soulless gingers cuz its more about ccs than ap.

and you should keep this 'teamplay' bs for yourself cause not even in 1900+ you can count on your teammates unless you queue with a buddy. Plus, belive it or not, 1v1 is a thing even in 6v6 battlefields, and its kinda fun. But i might just doing it wrong...

19 minutes ago, SilentOne said:

oh my god. OP said there are no defense against some1 boosted with soul buff.

i'm saying that in 1v1 you can take care of it and in group fight you will die anyway even if opponents are soulless gingers cuz its more about ccs than ap.

and you should keep this 'teamplay' bs for yourself cause not even in 1900+ you can count on your teammates unless you queue with a buddy. Plus, belive it or not, 1v1 is a thing even in 6v6 battlefields, and its kinda fun. But i might just doing it wrong...

Rating don't have anything to do with skill at 6vs6 it's about average gear and to some extend your class, so I don't know why you mention it. And a 6vs6 it's about teamplay here or in any other game, just because people fail at this mean nothing.

Edited by Draelth
50 minutes ago, Cercueil said:

This was from 2 days ago. If you say this isn't pay to win or the gold is obtained in a legit way, you must be really optimistic and delusional. image.jpg

O Gosh!! I feel like i will never reach this point as a f2p player >.<  

@Cercueil @Shushi Yep, that inventory looks like it opened thousands of troves, but can u imagine HOW much money did it spend on it? Id say that here is around 2-4k$ or maybe more. Do u think that investing this much money in a game is something that others should be jealous about? For real, if that money were earned fairly, i meant not like from carding or other illegal stuff,  i meant meh, spending that much money on games stuff doesn't look like a good idea. Maaaaybe only if he is rich as hell, but still, id spend that money more effective than on stuff in a game.

9 hours ago, Miralen said:

@Cercueil @Shushi Yep, that inventory looks like it opened thousands of troves, but can u imagine HOW much money did it spend on it? Id say that here is around 2-4k$ or maybe more. Do u think that investing this much money in a game is something that others should be jealous about? For real, if that money were earned fairly, i meant not like from carding or other illegal stuff,  i meant meh, spending that much money on games stuff doesn't look like a good idea. Maaaaybe only if he is rich as hell, but still, id spend that money more effective than on stuff in a game.

don't be jelly maybe he has that much to spend after having invested already ;)

18 minutes ago, Nattia said:

don't be jelly maybe he has that much to spend after having invested already ;)

Based on the items in the inventory that you can not buy, but only aquire from playing, the answer to this is self evident. That answer is no, this is a player who has spent quite a bit of irl money, which i'm in no way judging, it's that player's choice. 

You bring up a good point. Yesterday I was just pondering about seeing players with 800+ ap. I'm at 668 atm and I think that's already overpowered. I am looking to get to 700 eventually. 800 is just a fever dream. I am a casual free to play user. I did spend hundreds of dollars on the summer trove and I've felt so guilty over it. T_T 

Now I'm f2p because I cannot allow myself to spend that much on a game. As I'm pondering, I have to max my accs, get a 35 ap gem, and at least stg 2 legendary wep to be at 700 ap exactly. If each stage adds 8 ap (rather than exponentially) I will not have 800 ap at st9 leg wep. I will be at 772 ap. This made me realize, ppl must get the extra ap from gem upgrading and leg accs. 

I actually got really mad as I realized all the excessive time or cash that goes into being 750+ and that, that level of ap may be a general norm. Like that's insane to me. I'm not vehemently mad but just jaded I think. Like damn, will we have to be 750+ in the future content or be sol? (Without other means of increasing ap/stats). That's bad news for me. I play like 4 hours a day, max. Out of preference because I would like to do other things in a day too/don't want to allow myself to be addicted ORZ. I almost got there T_T 

I don't wanna be left out just for being a casual :(

On 12/9/2016 at 1:19 AM, 882184_1452550488 said:

just lol at this thread, some of my clanmates did buy alot of evolved stones when they were lik 10 silver each and stacked up them.. some of them had around 8-9k of those , and when this patch came bam they just earned 30k gold ;D

you guys never thought about how you spend ur gold and how you obtain it? play the market? look up some materials on other regions that will go up in price?

instead of calling out people for being swipelords and such like that.. maybe maaaybe, think a little longer

Also a good point. I'm terrible at investing, lol. I have a few evo stones so I shud probably sell them :o 

That is a good workaround for f2p to have lots of gold to work with. 

On 12/9/2016 at 3:18 AM, Shukran said:

high ap = high dmg = skip mechanics hopefully

And then get bored and hope for new content. Then farm and max in a week or month and get bored again. :< 

On 12/9/2016 at 4:30 AM, JunFM said:

What all or most of you don't get is "If this was P2W, then what do you win when you eventually quit the game?"

You can deny this all you want but eventually all of us will quit the game at some point in our lives

In the end though you ultimately don't win anything

That's what I'm afraid of too. That the ppl who r very very into the game will eventuay move on with their money or time and the casual ppl like me will be long left behind. Simply because we can't do anything that involves social contact. 

Its a design that's destined to implode on itself. I don't know how Asia bns survives. Maybe it's not as p2w competitive there and players aren't as exclusive in forming groups to play with.

On 12/9/2016 at 5:34 AM, Rokusan said:

Some people really did hoard the evolved stones but I'm thinking perhaps this person is just exaggerating the 8-9k. That does seem quite ridiculous.

I guess I have a few collecting dust in my bank because I never knew what to do with them. Lol. I guess I lucked out and can sell them. 

It is not about getting jealous of what he has and how much he has spent to get there. The real problem most of us (the f2p, the poor irl, etc etc) are facing with these guys are in 6v6 and infinity tower. There is just no way you can compete with them when it comes to those areas. And later on the Mushin 20 floor speed kill (like mushin tower, 1v1 etc etc), those people will have a lot of advantage over us.

That inventory+eq probably around 6K-8K USD spent, which is still normal for one of top whales.

In other game I played before, the clan leader spent around 20K+ USD with crazy equips.

He said in newspaper "Rich people spent on golf, I spent on game".

Edited by Jack Valent
18 hours ago, RyuueLaview said:

And then get bored and hope for new content. Then farm and max in a week or month and get bored again. :< 

actually

800>700>600>500

it means that if a dungeon needs 500ap to be cleared, the higher ap u have the more mecnahincs u skip.

also, who cares about others fun.

On 12/14/2016 at 10:29 AM, Shukran said:

actually

800>700>600>500

it means that if a dungeon needs 500ap to be cleared, the higher ap u have the more mecnahincs u skip.

also, who cares about others fun.

You are very right and I feel the same way about personal fun. But you need a community to keep a game running. Not just a few ppl who stick it out. But maybe my fear of the community disappearing is unrealistic. 

I don't understand what you were replying to regarding the 800-500 ap levels? 

Edited by RyuueLaview
6 hours ago, Boscodash said:

There is a BM called Nyuum on EU. check out his gear. 2000+ naksun runs and doesn't even have premium. 

Premium doesnt affect ap very much. The +exp wont let you jump 1 or 2 hm levels higher so easily and the extra money is not that much. It's all about having upgraded gems. Compared with me he has more than 40 ap more while having a worse soul and ss. These more ap can be max. 2 from tomb 300x and the rest is definitely upgraded gems. Problem: Even if you have the money to buy trove keys and reset scrools for hm coins you must be extremely lucky to get so many gems. Special chests and trove keys for hm coins are limited each day and getting so many with such few tries is almost impossible. You can farm as many as you want but everyone who has several upgraded gems, especially the ones you could only get from trove cashed in any way.