And now you are pay-to-win

Xiaoyen

The high ap requirements in dungeons should stop, it's just making p2w players life easier whilst *cricket*ing with f2p players. all dungeons csn be done legit with 650ap max. I mean even asura4 can be done with 500ap group if they don't suck like most players do.

For 6v6? yeah this is completely *cricket*ed. I can see the HM Soul PvP Leg Weap BM nightmare.

Would be neat if they could implement 2 modes of 6v6 or at least make WWV gear equalized and keep beluga unequalized.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Meginb said:

I'm more concerned with getting all the snowflakes for the basic peridot then transmuting it to the higher grade one. It costs 150 to get the gem, 200 to transmute it for a total of 350 snowflakes. If you don't buy resets, you get on average, 5 snowflakes each day and do it every single day from start of event to finish which equals 43 days. You only get 215... it's a p2w event during the holidays that are supposed to represent giving. /sigh

If You don't own peridot it is nice way to get one.

If You do own one... it's free way of getting 8 AP version of it.

You can have the apple or eat the apple. Not both.

Unless You gonna buy yourself two apples. :P

just lol at this thread, some of my clanmates did buy alot of evolved stones when they were lik 10 silver each and stacked up them.. some of them had around 8-9k of those , and when this patch came bam they just earned 30k gold ;D

you guys never thought about how you spend ur gold and how you obtain it? play the market? look up some materials on other regions that will go up in price?

instead of calling out people for being swipelords and such like that.. maybe maaaybe, think a little longer

34 minutes ago, MushinKFM said:

The high ap requirements in dungeons should stop, it's just making p2w players life easier whilst *cricket*ing with f2p players. all dungeons csn be done legit with 650ap max. I mean even asura4 can be done with 500ap group if they don't suck like most players do.

For 6v6? yeah this is completely *cricket*ed. I can see the HM Soul PvP Leg Weap BM nightmare.

Would be neat if they could implement 2 modes of 6v6 or at least make WWV gear equalized and keep beluga unequalized.

My opinion on the matter of high AP requirements is that it will always be that way. In addition to being cashcows, western players are also notoriously bad at games of skill and have a love of playing on archaic computers. The high AP requirements are the result of the majority not being able to do AP appropriate DPS. If everyone who pugged was reasonably skilled, then the requirements would start being more realistic. But as things are, there's enough people with 700AP+ who only do 10K DPS that have to be compensated for.

As far as 6v6, it's purposefully not gear equalized as P2W's need an outlet for showing off, otherwise they'd take their money elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, FlyingK said:

My opinion on the matter of high AP requirements is that it will always be that way. In addition to being cashcows, western players are also notoriously bad at games of skill and have a love of playing on archaic computers. The high AP requirements are the result of the majority not being able to do AP appropriate DPS. If everyone who pugged was reasonably skilled, then the requirements would start being more realistic. But as things are, there's enough people with 700AP+ who only do 10K DPS that have to be compensated for.

As far as 6v6, it's purposefully not gear equalized as P2W's need an outlet for showing off, otherwise they'd take their money elsewhere.

i didnt mind the entire post, but that sentence is the most offensaive off topic u could include.

this game is developed by students, everyone has problem just with this game while running smooth others and at the ewnd of the day, it must be client side problem.

2 hours ago, MushinKFM said:

I think FlyingK gave a very succint and truthful answer as to why such AP requirements exist and what the state is in regards to how many, if not most players play. 

1 hour ago, FlyingK said:

Most players really don't produce the DPS they're supposed to be outputting. In countless 4man dungeons among a group of players who share a close range of stats with me, on the DPS meter I see myself DPSing more than double the next person even while holding aggro and even with ranged partymates.

But honestly, I think the high AP requirements also generally exist because people simply think more AP = more damage = faster clear. It's not always mainly because people want high AP as a safeguard to compensate for those who aren't producing ideal amounts of DPS according to their stats, so the AP requirements will be there still. LOL!

In addition to not knowing how to maximize their class' DPS potential, there is also the issue of ping. Combine the two problems together and that explains the ever common 5-8k DPS you wil repeatedly come across in cross server 650+ 4man dungeon pug runs. 4k if you're unlucky enough.

That new soul with its massive ap gain + destroyer + pvp axe damage gain which increase with each stage including stage 3 = whelp.

I'd say its p2w. i've seen some people with stage 9 HM energy already.
They state they've been farming for this, Yet we barely knew of it. Meaning they prepared ingredients for around 40 sacred oils in anticipation.
Didn't realize its so easy to grind out 4000 g so quickly

To I the latter sounds possible. They could've saved up that chunk of gold because they're geared, but i know many others who are practically starving for gold at the high end by their admission. So meh.

2 hours ago, 882184_1452550488 said:

just lol at this thread, some of my clanmates did buy alot of evolved stones when they were lik 10 silver each and stacked up them.. some of them had around 8-9k of those , and when this patch came bam they just earned 30k gold ;D

you guys never thought about how you spend ur gold and how you obtain it? play the market? look up some materials on other regions that will go up in price?

instead of calling out people for being swipelords and such like that.. maybe maaaybe, think a little longer

Let me "thing a little longer" about this. 

Before this patch, evolved stones had nearly no use and moreover drop at a very little rate. Basically, you are telling us that

these clanmates of yours bought (notice: bought them, didn't drop them in anyway but bought) 8-9k of an item that had no use,

taking 8-9 inventory space, at a price of 800 - 900 gold  (evolve stones never fell to 10 silver but whatever) ?

For what purpose (whale logic might be, lol)?

There are only two reasons that may justify this: either these clanmates of yours had an inside information or they are "swipelords"

and just covering themselves. I strongly doubt the first hypothesis. Furthermore, other regions had and still have no use for evolve stones,

be it KR,CN,TW,JP. Our soul is the only one that requires evolove stones. There were no evidence or fact that may have induce us to buy

evolve stones for the soul.

Having thought a little longer on it, I am sorry to tell you that but your clanmates are huge swipelords and just advancing these reasons

to cover themselves. "Good investment" and "efficient farming" are the arguments advance by "swipelords" to cover up their swiping.

To some extent, playing the market is profitable but there is no way someone can get our soul through this method.

I have nothing against whale or "swipelord", but what is the purpose of swiping and then lying, stating that his/her gear is pure grind,

plus "good investment" and "efficient farming"and moreover calling others braindead or noobs?

Please, think a little longer.

What all or most of you don't get is "If this was P2W, then what do you win when you eventually quit the game?"

You can deny this all you want but eventually all of us will quit the game at some point in our lives

In the end though you ultimately don't win anything

1 hour ago, Shukran said:

high ap = high dmg = skip mechanics hopefully

This is a common problem in almost every MMO, players brute force stuff with gear instead of improve their perfomance. Thats why some players dislike dps metters or webs like warcraft logs.

I don't know why, both are great ways to improve as a players.

5 minutes ago, Shukran said:

It is not player's fault if bosses have HP mechanics.

u can put mechanics like desolate boss. but if u can avoid an entire phase just with some ap and buffs, u will look for players that llows you to skip

the only way to block the brute force is to put walls (cap)to dungeons.

You miss my point, I was talking about people underperforming.

14 minutes ago, Draelth said:

This is a common problem in almost every MMO, players brute force stuff with gear instead of improve their perfomance. Thats why some players dislike dps metters or webs like warcraft logs.

I don't know why, both are great ways to improve as a players.

It is not player's fault if bosses have HP mechanics.

u can put mechanics like desolate boss. but if u can avoid an entire phase just with some ap and buffs, u will look for players that llows you to skip

the only way to block the brute force is to put walls (cap)to dungeons.

Meh. Just stay casual and let the whales bicker and tear each other apart. Either that or quit altogether. I just log in, grind a bit do dailies etc and thats when I've had my fill of balanced, enjoyable games for the day, which isn't that often lol.

1 hour ago, FarenheitZer0 said:

Before this patch, evolved stones had nearly no use and moreover drop at a very little rate. Basically, you are telling us that

these clanmates of yours bought (notice: bought them, didn't drop them in anyway but bought) 8-9k of an item that had no use,

taking 8-9 inventory space, at a price of 800 - 900 gold  (evolve stones never fell to 10 silver but whatever) ?

There are only two reasons that may justify this: either these clanmates of yours had an inside information or they are "swipelords"

and just covering themselves. I strongly doubt the first hypothesis. Furthermore, other regions had and still have no use for evolve stones,

be it KR,CN,TW,JP. Our soul is the only one that requires evolove stones. There were no evidence or fact that may have induce us to buy

Having thought a little longer on it, I am sorry to tell you that but your clanmates are huge swipelords and just advancing these reasons

to cover themselves. "Good investment" and "efficient farming" are the arguments advance by "swipelords" to cover up their swiping.

To some extent, playing the market is profitable but there is no way someone can get our soul through this method.

I have nothing against whale or "swipelord", but what is the purpose of swiping and then lying, stating that his/her gear is pure grind,

plus "good investment" and "efficient farming"and moreover calling others braindead or noobs?

Some people really did hoard the evolved stones but I'm thinking perhaps this person is just exaggerating the 8-9k. That does seem quite ridiculous.

3 hours ago, FarenheitZer0 said:

just lol man ;D im guessing your one of the people who call out others for swipelords then play the game , play the market and farm dungeons? you didnt notice too in ur soul that you needed evolved stones earlier on to upgrade it? how about you should have think about that in earlier stages when you know that you need it, and why buy just for  your upgrade in the beg?

i still dont follow you on anything what you said tbh. for me it sounds  that ur a bit jealous but yea :) w/e

16 minutes ago, 882184_1452550488 said:

just lol man ;D im guessing your one of the people who call out others for swipelords then play the game , play the market and farm dungeons? you didnt notice too in ur soul that you needed evolved stones earlier on to upgrade it? how about you should have think about that in earlier stages when you know that you need it, and why buy just for  your upgrade in the beg?

i still dont follow you on anything what you said tbh. for me it sounds  that ur a bit jealous but yea :) w/e

you are just denying his though with a 2 simple lines? actually , if u consider to take him serious, like it should, u see he has some rights

1 hour ago, 882184_1452550488 said:

You didn't even try to give a counter argument, did you?

Well, In this post of mine, I tried to demonstrate that the process you describe was wrong and so your conclusion "think a little longer"

was absurd. But if you want to take it personally, then you are on your own mate.

Allow me to redirect the train of thought here. My aim here was to sensitise about the discrepancy growing with each new content patch

between the free players and those that invest money in the game ( Once again, I find nothing wrong with it). The "Ap" gap between

these 2 catergories in growing more and more and it is just a matter of time before this game is label p2w. I am blaming no one here.

All I want to say is that the management of BnS is going in the wrong direction and that soon enough this game will be f2p only by its name.

If anyone feel offended by my choice of words and take it personally then "YOYO"

Regards.

On 12/9/2016 at 11:59 AM, FarenheitZer0 said:

You didn't even try to give a counter argument, did you?

Well, In this post of mine, I tried to demonstrate that the process you describe was wrong and so your conclusion "think a little longer"

was absurd. But if you want to take it personally, then you are on your own mate.

Allow me to redirect the train of thought here. My aim here was to sensitise about the discrepancy growing with each new content patch

between the free players and those that invest money in the game ( Once again, I find nothing wrong with it). The "Ap" gap between

these 2 catergories in growing more and more and it is just a matter of time before this game is label p2w. I am blaming no one here.

All I want to say is that the management of BnS is going in the wrong direction and that soon enough this game will be f2p only by its name.

If anyone feel offended by my choice of words and take it personally then "YOYO"

Regards.

This isnt to defend him, but he's correct in stating that people have been stocking up for months on evolved stones. Not only did the previous soul 5 cost around 88ish evolved stones in total, people knew from other regions that evolved stones were one of the main materials used to upgrade the Dragon/Tiger Legendary weapon (which was said that it wasnt being released for us yet a while back but considering our current gears, it probably wont get released ever). To prepare for this, a few people stocked up on evolved stones consistently, especially with how cheap they were. When SSP was still filled and farmed by people constantly, evolved stones were in higher abundance because people would get them just as a side item. I have a guildmate who stocked up 2k evolved stones. If he were to sell even half of those, he's have enough gold to get to S10 or Crit. Soul. You dont need to be a whale to get ahead, all you need to do is research into future patches from other regions and plan accordingly around those. A simple example of this is the Moonwater Radiant Ring Addendum which was going for 300-400g a month and half ago. During Moonwater content, these recipes were going for around 40silver. Anyone who had the insight into thinking, "hey no one is going to farm these anymore after new content, I should buy a bunch for later since the 35ap Gem is still a decent gem even in the other regions and there's no indication that this will change anytime soon" were able to make a huge profit later down the road. This situation is exactly the same. 

1 hour ago, Meese said:

This isnt to defend him, but he's correct in stating that people have been stocking up for months on evolved stones. Not only did the previous soul 5 cost around 180ish evolved stones in total, people knew from other regions that evolved stones were one of the main materials used to upgrade the Dragon/Tiger Legendary weapon (which was said that it wasnt being released for us yet a while back but considering our current gears, it probably wont get released ever). To prepare for this, a few people stocked up on evolved stones consistently, especially with how cheap they were. When SSP was still filled and farmed by people constantly, evolved stones were in higher abundance because people would get them just as a side item. I have a guildmate who stocked up 2k evolved stones. If he were to sell even half of those, he's have enough gold to get to S10 or Crit. Soul. You dont need to be a whale to get ahead, all you need to do is research into future patches from other regions and plan accordingly around those. A simple example of this is the Moonwater Radiant Ring Addendum which was going for 300-400g a month and half ago. During Moonwater content, these recipes were going for around 40silver. Anyone who had the insight into thinking, "hey no one is going to farm these anymore after new content, I should buy a bunch for later since the 35ap Gem is still a decent gem even in the other regions and there's no indication that this will change anytime soon" were able to make a huge profit later down the road. This situation is exactly the same. 

Well said. Finally someone who can join a discussion without resorting to personal attacks.

7 minutes ago, MushinKFM said:

Hehe I already found the first HM 10 Soul thread about how broken it is in 6v6 and I bet more coming soon

It appears that you did not read my thread, because my thread was definitiely not about how broken it is, my thread was about how giving us paths to increase our damage insanely high, but not a way to survive being attacked by such damage will change the way we play, enjoy, or move forward with our future gear based pvp endeavors. How even if two people with max'd gear meet up and fight, one of them will die nearly instantly (or who ever's invuln shield goes down first). 

meanwhile i sold 60 evolved stones farmed when i was doing beastbog for dc and GHS for exp about 1 month ago to get more space in the stash for 8s each or so. Meh.

7 hours ago, Leodore said:

It appears that you did not read my thread, because my thread was definitiely not about how broken it is, my thread was about how giving us paths to increase our damage insanely high, but not a way to survive being attacked by such damage will change the way we play, enjoy, or move forward with our future gear based pvp endeavors. How even if two people with max'd gear meet up and fight, one of them will die nearly instantly (or who ever's invuln shield goes down first). 

save your iframes and watch enemy status. When his soul buff proc, just iframe it/run/block/parry/cc. Its for 6s per min. I'm not saying that this is not new p2w wall, but also it is not such big deal. Eventually i will be glad to have some1 with maxed up soul in team.

Archived