Forums

One tiny improvement suggestion for MSP:

Cesura

Change the daily from "Kill 5 grassquatches" to killing 15-20 of the little red mobs. 

Bam, you've just solved one of the area's most common annoyances from selfish players or ones that don't know any better. 

Rather than everyone rushing the grasssquatches for their daily and running away to let others deal with the moonlight poison stacks, they'll then have to rush the red mobs at the start for their daily, and then they'll naturally still have an incentive to kill the squatches afterwards to clear the poison. 

The daily would then encourage doing the mechanic properly, rather than reward behavior that harms other players. 

I'm getting kind of tired of having to suicide on spiders to clear my poison stacks. 

13 minutes ago, Shukran said:

i usually do other dailies then when im done with farm go solo grassquaches in a new istance

The problem the OP had was not the ability to finish the dailies, but rather the problem that people kill the grassquatches while they're still killing the other mobs and as such they are not able to cleanse the poison through normal means.

9 minutes ago, Zarosguth said:

The problem the OP had was not the ability to finish the dailies, but rather the problem that people kill the grassquatches while they're still killing the other mobs and as such they are not able to cleanse the poison through normal means.

OH.

well to remove poison u need to kill the boss that spawn from the seed.

Guys, I'm well aware of the methods to remove poison. (I just stated mob suicide because it's the most reliable one for me) 

But my main point here is that that particular grasssquatch daily has encouraged some "bad" behavior, and flipping the daily to red mobs would be better gameplay design because it accomplishes the same goals, but encourages players to play though the mechanics as intended. 

And all the dailies appear to be designed to encourage players to engage all the mechanics of the zone (such as the mite daily).

While I think it's unlikely the localization team really has the power to change dailies and would look to these forums for feedback anyways I still wanted to offer it. I'm willing to bet the grassquatch daily caused no problems in KR with the way those players would play, but since NA players (Dunno if the EU server is seeing the same behavior, I can only speak for my own experience on the NA server) seem to play more selfishly the way these dailies are designed is worth considering as things get ported over. Kind of like how we needed changes to master loot and vote kick options due to abuse that other regions might not be seeing. 

It really is a minor annoyance at worst. I just think it's one that could have been prevented, to some extent since that daily exacerbates the problem. 

3 hours ago, Cesura said:

Guys, I'm well aware of the methods to remove poison. (I just stated mob suicide because it's the most reliable one for me) 

But my main point here is that that particular grasssquatch daily has encouraged some "bad" behavior, and flipping the daily to red mobs would be better gameplay design because it accomplishes the same goals, but encourages players to play though the mechanics as intended. 

And all the dailies appear to be designed to encourage players to engage all the mechanics of the zone (such as the mite daily).

While I think it's unlikely the localization team really has the power to change dailies and would look to these forums for feedback anyways I still wanted to offer it. I'm willing to bet the grassquatch daily caused no problems in KR with the way those players would play, but since NA players (Dunno if the EU server is seeing the same behavior, I can only speak for my own experience on the NA server) seem to play more selfishly the way these dailies are designed is worth considering as things get ported over. Kind of like how we needed changes to master loot and vote kick options due to abuse that other regions might not be seeing. 

It really is a minor annoyance at worst. I just think it's one that could have been prevented, to some extent since that daily exacerbates the problem. 

Agreed.

Archived