venture tokens

NeoAllen

i would like to ask the gms to please increase the drop rate of venture tokens from the daily rng boxes because their drop rate is very very low. there r many  free players like me who would like to buy items from the stores but cant do it for the low drop rates of the venture tokens. i have played this game for over a year and have got only one blue venture token  so please increase the drop rate..thanks in advance..

Yeah good luck with that. Increasing drop rate means less profit for them, so obviously they won't do that. But they came up with really nice excuse, RNG. "It's RNG not NCsoft and it's totally not rigged it's your own luck" 

Venture token are a bonus not the main way to get free currency you're supposed to buy hm coins with gold through currency exchange. If venture tokens would drop like candy nc would lose alot profit, be happy that those tokens even exist.

42 minutes ago, Natello said:

Question:

If you sold coffee for 5 dollars a cup and made 1 million dollars a year. Would you sell the coffee for 3 dollars and make 800 thousand a year?

Answer :

Those who find Cheap coffee will tell to all their friends to come try it,couse its cheaper :P

So you make more rly.If you have coffee for 5 dollars,maybe i try once and never again.

There is a reason most mmos go f2p and have micro-transactions also :P

25 minutes ago, Katsapliakos said:

Answer :

Those who find Cheap coffee will tell to all their friends to come try it,couse its cheaper :P

So you make more rly.If you have coffee for 5 dollars,maybe i try once and never again.

There is a reason most mmos go f2p and have micro-transactions also :P

Okay let me rephrase:

If you get a garanteed 1 million a year selling coffee for 5 dollars. Would you change the price of the coffee to earn less?

2 hours ago, Natello said:

Okay let me rephrase:

If you get a garanteed 1 million a year selling coffee for 5 dollars. Would you change the price of the coffee to earn less?

I'll explain better also in general,if company sold lower they would make way more money.Take ncoin in Web.If they had 1 dollar for 50 ncoins and if bns had 2 million players,i bet my kingdom every single one of them,would buy that pack at least once.With current offers,not everyone will.

More players buying something,you have a healthier income,community,blah,blah.If you only count to few ppl that pay,the so called whales,when those decide to leave you end up with nothing.In my example if some ppl stop playing-paying,you wont lose as much.

My 2c ofc on the matter.

You should be glad Venture tokens even exist. It's existence gives free players a slight hope of getting cash shop costume and items but at the same time it means less profits for NCsoft. The higher the drop rate the less incentive for people to even spend money at all in this game.

4 hours ago, Katsapliakos said:

I'll explain better also in general,if company sold lower they would make way more money.Take ncoin in Web.If they had 1 dollar for 50 ncoins and if bns had 2 million players,i bet my kingdom every single one of them,would buy that pack at least once.With current offers,not everyone will.

More players buying something,you have a healthier income,community,blah,blah.If you only count to few ppl that pay,the so called whales,when those decide to leave you end up with nothing.In my example if some ppl stop playing-paying,you wont lose as much.

My 2c ofc on the matter.

But I don't really see how NCsoft will benefit from buffing the droprate of venture tokens. More venture tokens means less people who will buy ncoins, because they can just use hm coins to buy stuff on f10 like outfits. 

Not trying to be rude or anything, but if what you're saying is true then apple should half the price of their products since it would be more affordable for the common households. A lot of people don't have the money to buy such luxury, so reducing the price would benefit both parties. We both know it doesn't work this way. :p

• NCSOFT

Venture Tokens drops are exactly like "printing money" basically. We inject premium currency directly into the economy effectively devaluing all the premium currency already in circulation. And because of that we have to do so with extreme parsimony.

Don't forget that even a very low drop rate multiplied by the total amount of players end up to something being non-negligible. Making Hongmoon Coins less valuable by giving too many away for free would directly hurt our revenues (obviously less people would purchase NCoin), but it would also hurt people buying NCoin to exchange them for gold (if Hongmoon Coins can more easily be obtained for free, then why should you sell your gold to acquire them?).

When it comes to "lower your prices and you'll sell more!" argument (which often comes up on forums), finding the right price point of a product is no easy task. No one is "guessing" when it comes to real money. Things aren't as easy as lowering pricing all around to make more profits. Let's be honest here, if we could serve even more players while doing more profits and all of that while lowering prices all across the board, then it would already have been done :)

31 minutes ago, NeoAllen said:

so how do i get the hm coins buy selling gold in currency exchange.but what is the fee for selling gold. last time i saw it was ncoins.and i dont have any n coins because i am a free player. (point me if i am wrong)..

What you do is to put up gold yourself, not buying the one that listed and pick the amount of coins that you want and wait. Players will use ncoin to buy your gold and what you receive is hm coin

42 minutes ago, NeoAllen said:

so how do i get the hm coins buy selling gold in currency exchange.but what is the fee for selling gold. last time i saw it was ncoins.and i dont have any n coins because i am a free player. (point me if i am wrong)..

The fee goes from the amount you receive. For example you sell for 1000 hmcoins but instead you get 900 hmcoins. The 100 HMcoins that disappeared is the fee.

11 hours ago, Youmukon said:

Venture Tokens drops are exactly like "printing money" basically. We inject premium currency directly into the economy effectively devaluing all the premium currency already in circulation. And because of that we have to do so with extreme parsimony.

Don't forget that even a very low drop rate multiplied by the total amount of players end up to something being non-negligible. Making Hongmoon Coins less valuable by giving too many away for free would directly hurt our revenues (obviously less people would purchase NCoin), but it would also hurt people buying NCoin to exchange them for gold (if Hongmoon Coins can more easily be obtained for free, then why should you sell your gold to acquire them?).

When it comes to "lower your prices and you'll sell more!" argument (which often comes up on forums), finding the right price point of a product is no easy task. No one is "guessing" when it comes to real money. Things aren't as easy as lowering pricing all around to make more profits. Let's be honest here, if we could serve even more players while doing more profits and all of that while lowering prices all across the board, then it would already have been done :)

I dont disagree with what you are saying entirely,but the main problem is this game has too much rng,we are not kr,we have a different culture here.Your drop rates in General from game,is putting off lot of players of playing,including me,i was playing 10+hrs and now i mainly log for trove only.

Easier things,keeps a more bigger population,thus you increase of your chances of ppl buying ncoins as well.

18 hours ago, Youmukon said:

Let's be honest here, if we could serve even more players while doing more profits and all of that while lowering prices all across the board, then it would already have been done :)

There's a really big community of modders around for a reason. Maybe you guys are just forgetting to put some "quality" in this equation.

1 hour ago, lostforumaccount said:

There's a really big community of modders around for a reason. Maybe you guys are just forgetting to put some "quality" in this equation.

I wonder how much money they would make if they lowered their costume prices. The admiral  which is in f10 right now is running 1,120 Ncoin.. Yet you go onto the Asian servers that same outfit set was going for 450 Ncoin. And you know what I see a lot less people running around in 'modded' costume because a costume there is is only $5-10 compared to $20+ here. People can afford more so they buy more.

Lineage 2 used to have the same thing, their appearance stones used to be only 300-400 Ncoin and people used to buy several of them on multiple characters. Now they have shot up to almost 1,200 Ncoin and no one really buys them or if they do it's one on a single character. 

But to be honest... any costume sold by NCwest is at a profit since it's all costumes from Korea they just have to code over.

15 hours ago, DirectorTseng said:

I wonder how much money they would make if they lowered their costume prices. The admiral  which is in f10 right now is running 1,120 Ncoin.. Yet you go onto the Asian servers that same outfit set was going for 450 Ncoin. And you know what I see a lot less people running around in 'modded' costume because a costume there is is only $5-10 compared to $20+ here. People can afford more so they buy more.

You can't compare prices between different regions/publishers.

On 12/6/2016 at 2:04 PM, Katsapliakos said:

I dont disagree with what you are saying entirely,but the main problem is this game has too much rng,we are not kr,we have a different culture here.Your drop rates in General from game,is putting off lot of players of playing,including me,i was playing 10+hrs and now i mainly log for trove only.

Easier things,keeps a more bigger population,thus you increase of your chances of ppl buying ncoins as well.

Cus our BnS is free to play. Simple reason why we have so much RNG. How is NCSoft supposed to make money then if we had no RNG at all? F2P business model wouldn't work.

34 minutes ago, Jurisz said:

Cus our BnS is free to play. Simple reason why we have so much RNG. How is NCSoft supposed to make money then if we had no RNG at all? F2P business model wouldn't work.

Rng makes ppl quit games,f2p or no f2p doesnt matter at all,but thats my opinion on the matter.

They could make tons of Money from outfits,as it is now,you cant focus on two thing.You either focus in gearing or farming for outfits,i am talking in the standpoing of someone is f2p and playing the game.

If my gear is good,close to max,then i start to look around how to make my toon looking cuter,ofc the one doesnt leave out the other,but all my points are based on what majority of f2p players will do,or think.If the rng is brutal,i need to farm 24/7 to be able to keep up with others,then ofc i wont spend any gold to buy outfits.

For me its all a circle,but like i said at start,its my opinion on the things.

Archived