Legendaries? Soul returns all used materials? Is it even fair?

Naisui

Hi, I want to ask NC, Devs or whoever came with this idea - Is it even FAIR?

Seriously, you refund ALL used materials when Salvaging current Hongmoon Soul which sounds fine.

But I don't understand why you didn't go the same way with Legendary Accessories!

If I used X materials to upgrade my Hongmoon Ring or Hongmoon Necklace, then I want get back all used materials as well.

You came with idea - lets give them 30 Jewells instead. Okay, you gives a new materials needed to upgrade a new path Accessories.

Then do the same here. Be fair and from salvaging Hongmoon Soul give in return materials needed for NEW SOUL PATH, like for example:

30 Evolved Stones... but not refund of ALL USED MATERIALS.

Also going little back to offtopic - but yet referring same upcoming patch:

Why old players or those who just made their weapons to 1-6 Legendary stage are treated like a sh*t?

I didn't work on Premium Stones to in final get a Notice - "With same materials now, You will able make not stage 6 but 9. Enjoy!"

Like WTF it is even? It is nice You making patches which allows people to catch up older players, but it can't also harm others!

If you planning to do such things, then please, announce it at least 2 months before so we will know that our time and work wasn't wasted...

Because from what I seeing now, the best is to just don't play like for +1 year. Then back to the game to catch up everyone who played in meanwhile, in like a month or two...

And before someone write - But in meanwhile you will lose that or that. No, I won't.

Because more and more often such stuf like a best Cash Shop costumes are finally back to it once people vote to it.

Regards.

Most of the materials you will get back from the soul are going to be used for crafting the new material for the new soul, so I dont see your whining here. You can just sell the premium stones and buy everything you need, thats fair and square over 2k gold only from those stones.

About the legendary weapon, they announced over 6 months ago that you DONT need legendary weapon to clear ANY of the content that will be released. Why you didnt wait? People who patiently waited all this time now can upgrade for much less gold (like me). Its your own fault that you rushed and upgraded everything to the max, not NC who reduces the prices now and then because people struggle to upgrade.

It is the downside of a progressive gearing progress.

Non-progressive equipment: Players grind for it, then discard it for better gear without much complaining. You can check this with soul shields, as they are non-progressive equipment. I never see someone complain about it, aside from its RNG-ness.

Progressive equipment: Here come the catch-up system. As a new grind is introduced, it is a must to ease the previous grind so that players won't feel burn out with too many grinds and be able to catch up with the new grind. The catch-up system helps new players, but hurt players who are in the middle of the old grind. Players who manage to get their top-end stuffs from the first few month of old grind already benefits from their equipment long enough to move onto the new grind without much regret.

Why players are so surprised from this? Same have happened earlier and same will happen in future always once they release new better items. Never get best in slot gear if you are scared they reduce prices again. I upgraded true breeze once it cost like over 1k gold upgrade and now it cost literally nothing, but that weapon was relevant at that time and speed up doing dailies and stuff so i do not regret it. Just do not burn out yourselves by grinding 24/7 for best in slot gear. Why do you play this game? For gear? Or for Fun?

This is from ffxiv, but fit pretty well for this game too. (check number 2)

ffxiv-gdc-panel-817x320.jpg

Well life isn't fair I guess. I would be lying if I wasn't salty that I paid a higher price, but it's not like I'm actively upset about it. Though the one thing I would say is that an earlier announcement would have been nice. I feel like a 1 month heads up on major decreases in weapon upgrade mats could be beneficial, but then what? Do I just not play for a month while I sit on my stuff to upgrade cheaper. I play mmos cause I like to see myself progress. When I feel like I have to wait o do things more efficiently I play other things while I wait.

I know ppl from specific clans got their Legendary Weapons Lv6 refunded back to True Scorpion Stage 10.

And no they didn't upgrade their Weapons within the last 7 days. They had their Weapons upgraded after a few weeks when the Update came out.

8 minutes ago, realLaw said:

I know ppl from specific clans got their Legendary Weapons Lv6 refunded back to True Scorpion Stage 10.

And no they didn't upgrade their Weapons within the last 7 days. They had their Weapons upgraded after a few weeks when the Update came out.

Sounds a bit fishy. I guess it depends who handles the tickets.

1 hour ago, realLaw said:

If people don't have max gem slot opened at stage 6, they will be benefit from it. However, if they already have all 6 gems lots at stage 6 and then revert back to True Scorpion, then they have to gamble on getting all 6 gem slots open again from stage 1 to stage 9. If they didn't get all gem slots opened by stage 9, it will cost more to buy the gem hammers in the end.

My question marks are mostly about the changes on soul but not on legendary weapons, this is kinda unfair to even all the players who don't have max gear yet.

Yes, I know about the weapon changes and acc changes we had before but on that they didnt refund unless it was within the 7 days policy. Now on these changes all the people who had the soul maxed out are getting a huge step ahead on the other players. 

45g on trans stones,120g on ornaments,192g on evolved stones which is about 357g every stage, making up in a total of 1428g to get back to stage5.

What they get refunded is 675g evolved stones, 2160g ornaments, 1200g on prem trans stones, giving them a full refund of 4035g without counting in any transmute costs.
HOW is that fair while the people with only legendary weapon without getting any refund? Why can't ncsoft do the same ''rework'' with legendary weapons? 

Did Ncsoft think about maybe only lowering the cost of soul and weapons?

People with legendary weapons lose about 2k-2.5k gold with the refund, but yes I'm aware most of the cost is still used to get back to stage5 on energy but seriously Ncsoft, those people still GAIN 1.2k gold with current market prices on prem trans stones.

Thing is that soul upgrade changes completely and it doesn't require anymore certain materials in the way it used to. On the contrary legendary weapon doesn't change but the costs get lowered so that even the lower players could catch up to the people who already had the weapon and are way ahead in gearing. Why didn't everyone spend mats to upgrade the soul? Simply it was too expensive for so little benefit so those who did it simply get the insane costs back.

On 12/5/2016 at 6:15 PM, NightFer said:

About the legendary weapon, they announced over 6 months ago that you DONT need legendary weapon to clear ANY of the content that will be released. Why you didnt wait?

What for I should wait? For a miracles?

If I playing active it means I want make a progress in a game, so what is your problem dude?

No one Announced all done work in meanwhile will be wasted, so we should better wait.

20 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

Thing is that soul upgrade changes completely and it doesn't require anymore certain materials in the way it used to. On the contrary legendary weapon doesn't change but the costs get lowered so that even the lower players could catch up to the people who already had the weapon and are way ahead in gearing. Why didn't everyone spend mats to upgrade the soul? Simply it was too expensive for so little benefit so those who did it simply get the insane costs back.

Exactly. I belive those who calling this as " whining ", or so... didn't really care to even read whole opening topic's post - but for hating, they are first.

The main " whining " from me is about unfair treating players.

Completely New Soul Path coming to the game; So people once they max theirs Old Soul, gets a full refund.

Completely New Accessories Paths coming to the game; So people with Old (Maxed) Accessories gets a lame 30 Jewells and a middle finger.

I wonder how felt person who had his/her all Accessories in middle way to Max (True Python/Yeti/Scorpio), thinking after patch will make it to Oblivion...

but suddenly these "geniuses" changes mind and...

now he or she can throw away these Accessories, OR... put another 200-400g to the Ring/Necklace just to get anything back from the work on them.

Just now, 899697_1452550651 said:

Exactly. I belive those who calling this as " whining ", or so... didn't really care to even read whole opening topic's post, but for hating, they are first.

The main " whining " from me is about unfair treating players.

Actually I'm not supporting to get refunds for legendary weapon or accessories but more like I understand why they give materials back from soul but not from accessories. With accessories it was meant to go like the way it is and not like the paths or evolution methods change completely. The old accessories you have atm are sufficient enough for all the content. Who know maybe later it's another slap that suddenly poof you can evolve straight from the existing accessories to legendary without dropping the ones from DT or EC.

It is about being fair.

So same is with "Soul" - you don't even need it in fact. But since they decided to make totally new path for it as well (just like it was/is with Accessories), then the type of refund should be adequate, like with the other equipment parts after Salvage.

2 hours ago, 899697_1452550651 said:

It is about being fair.

So same is with "Soul" - you don't even need it in fact. But since they decided to make totally new path for it as well (just like it was/is with Accessories), then the type of refund should be adequate, like with the other equipment parts after Salvage.

Have you ever done full cost calculation from infernal accessories to max how much it will cost? I'm pretty sure the worth is similar to those 30 jewel at this point of the game.

Yes I have ever done such calculation, did you...?

It was much higher when I calculated. Today materials and jewells prices can be equal, tomorrow not.

We can also wait few years to see if prices will change...

It's not the explanation taking this specific moment as comparison, because when I was upgrading gear - it was much more expensive than now.

And that is the problem.

( And if after this patch materials will raise up again, then what will you write after this, hm? )

You could take current economy state as a good example if people would KNEW what will really happen... But NC didn't only remove whole accessories paths but also makes suddenly huge changes in costs of upgrade legendary weapons.

If I could know they would do such changes on the fly, like a removing Oblivion path (which was announced months ago as a real Accessories path...) just like this...

then I would rather keep my gold than making all Accessories to max.

Oblivion path they announced months before implement it to the game - so people were slowly preparing for it.

Legendary Accessories (a ka Draken/Destiny) = removing Oblivion path, they announced... week before patch maybe?

What is hard to understand in this?

7 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

Have you ever done full cost calculation from infernal accessories to max how much it will cost? I'm pretty sure the worth is similar to those 30 jewel at this point of the game.

only from awakend siren to true python it costs you 797g (eu price) that isnt worth 600g.

i won't counter your argument, because , even if "wrong" , it is legit.

wrong because u know that the more time passes the "easier" crafting "old" stuff will be.

my opinion: SOUL has always benn the most end game luxury item of the game.

because cost (way too expensive)

because bonus (a raw ap bonus is really sad bonus)

i suggest to NOT craft soul BEFORE next big content release. probably they will fix the problem.

Archived