[Feedback] About the Game Engine

JinVarrel

I think is obvious!

When BS was made U4 not available yet. You forgot this game is not new!?

And now you know the cost and the work for changes engine?

Stop dreaming with popularity BS have this days you never go see this happen :(

Because back in 2012, UE4 wasnt even thought of starting to develop by Epic Games and UE3 was more than powerful enough.

There are already speculations of 3 games being in consideration of moving from UE3 to UE4 (Aion, L2 and BnS) but thats only speculations and that would take years to do so (I heard somewhere that maybe Blade and Soul 2 is being in production which will use UE4.3, but how true it is is another thing). Its hella lot of work and money to move one game from one engine to another and no company will make that step just to make a few customers happy.

2 hours ago, NightFer said:

Because back in 2012, UE4 wasnt even thought of starting to develop by Epic Games and UE3 was more than powerful enough.

Wut? 2012? NCsoft started working on BnS long before that... somewhere around 2006-2007.

Theyve already done stuff, korea got a 64bit client that fixes memory leak problems,steady fps and more. Its in KR since 3 weeks ago. Hope ncsoft prioritizes this and brings it here fast as possible. The guy doenst even have a monster pc. I5 3.4ghz, gtx 870 , 8gb ram, win 7 64bit, and as you can see he runs max srttings , no control+f, and no fps drops.

Watch and enjoy 

3 hours ago, TheBloodyOne said:

Theyve already done stuff, korea got a 64bit client that fixes memory leak problems,steady fps and more. Its in KR since 3 weeks ago. Hope ncsoft prioritizes this and brings it here fast as possible. The guy doenst even have a monster pc. I5 3.4ghz, gtx 870 , 8gb ram, win 7 64bit, and as you can see he runs max srttings , no control+f, and no fps drops.

Watch and enjoy 

dont forget thath he also use SweetFX. That could be a reason why he can do this.

On 12/3/2016 at 6:47 PM, NightFer said:

There are already speculations of 3 games being in consideration of moving from UE3 to UE4 (Aion, L2 and BnS) but thats only speculations and that would take years to do so (I heard somewhere that maybe Blade and Soul 2 is being in production which will use UE4.3, but how true it is is another thing). Its hella lot of work and money to move one game from one engine to another and no company will make that step just to make a few customers happy.

ur a bit wrong with games game engines >...> 

Aion is using Krysis engine 1.3 

L2 is using UE2.5

And yes bns is the only one using UE3 

And to change the engines for any of these games means u can just start a new project cuz the work is so massive u will make a new game faster than u would change the game engine. 

The only thing they can do now is to optimize the game via 64bit client and most of the pc's using only 64bit OS now 

On 12/5/2016 at 4:25 AM, TheBloodyOne said:

Watch and enjoy 

We have no info as to what he was getting for fps prior to the update. Yes, the new 64 bit client will improve things a bit, just don't go expecting a miracle.

I would not expect to see the new client before the late spring/early summer. In that same time they might push the gunner class too. It depends on how many people they dedicate to this game. This will depend on where this game ranks in terms of revenue for them.

19 minutes ago, KlausFlouride said:

We have no info as to what he was getting for fps prior to the update. Yes, the new 64 bit client will improve things a bit, just don't go expecting a miracle.

I would not expect to see the new client before the late spring/early summer. In that same time they might push the gunner class too. It depends on how many people they dedicate to this game. This will depend on where this game ranks in terms of revenue for them.

Well for now we dont rly know when, but maybe in their interest it would be good if they would push it out faster so there could be fixed some client side issues

Archived