Leveling via Main Story Quests?

Phaust

This is not totally true, yes they buffed story exp by a lot BUT they did not remove the level requirements on taking the next story quest after you finish a chapter of it. I soley did yellow quests but then needed to travel back to 2-3 of the previous areas and get an extra 1-2 levels since I could not actually take the next story quest at the current level I was at. Its a lot faster than it used to be though, and its possible that they calculated it so you will fall behind without a premium subscription. I can't think of any other reason for it.

Yes, until about level 40-45. But if you do the one time blue side quests that are quick and easy along the way, you should be fine. I do all of them for extra money/exp and end up being overleveled for the next zone and story quests. >_>

1 hour ago, Meginb said:

Yes, until about level 40-45. But if you do the one time blue side quests that are quick and easy along the way, you should be fine. I do all of them for extra money/exp and end up being overleveled for the next zone and story quests. >_>

No, its not...

No, what's not? I just finished leveling a character to 50 a couple weeks ago. I literally started skipping zones and their quest hubs and focused on just the storyline because I was so overleveled for the areas. Given, I was also doing dungeons and the Moonwater faction dailies for Soulstones whenever I had time... this was entirely on a f2p account. If you pick quests that take you through the same area as the story quest, it goes fast. =/

It seems to be going okay so far, although i'm only level 18 at the moment. So far i've done mostly all story quests with the exception of a couple of boss dungeon quests. Appreciate all of the info. Looks like I may need to do some side quests from time to time.

The only time that you will need to do other quests is from 15-18 before you talk to Dochun and move to Songshu Isle. But from these levels you can definitely start working on your blight weapon at F8 by running Blackram Narrows that can give you lots of EXP.

Archived