sqoon

The game changed...

Recommended Posts

sqoon   

Blade and soul, a game with stunning graphics, in depth character customization, beautiful landscapes, and top tier action combat system. A game that kept me up until 3 am playing 3v3 arena with friends, feeling the satisfaction as I out played 3 full health opponents. A game that made me say to my self "alright one more 1v1 arena then ill go to bed" but end up playing 20 of them in a row. A game that I've spent over 250 hours on just after the first month of it's release. But...what happened to it? What happen to the time when the server was all full and I had to wait for 2 hours just to get in? Where all the city are populated? Where I can still find other players killing mobs and queing for dungeons? When people gathered around the field boss, waiting for it to spawn? when the wheel of fate is so crowded that I had to sit there and spam F for 30 second just to get one roll? What happened to the promise of "We will not make this game p2w“? What happened to anti-hack system? What happened NCsoft? What happened to the game..?

 

Ill remember all the memories I had with the game, even if its only for a short time, thank you NCsoft for bringing this to NA, you gave me the best memories Ill ever have playing a MMORPG and Im thankful for it. Today marks the 1 year and 10 days ive been with blade and soul, i think its time for me to say "GoodBye"

Edited by sqoon
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad but true...idk if its all the money they saw they could make or if it was something else, to me it just seems like their main focus is releasing content as fast as possible while ignoring a lot of things. I have seen people complain about the same bugs since the server opened and they still haven't been fixed.

Some people say that they haven't done much  because they are short staffed and basically the same people that do the translating are the ones that have to do everything else in the game. In my opinion I love the combat system in this game for PVE it is by far the most fun and intuitive out of all the MMOs I've played...but for PVP it is trash trash, too many CCs, too little escapes, robot brain-like aspect of pvp throws me off and the worst of all the class balancing, they've ignored this since day one, it seems all they can do is either nerf a class to the point that it is almost useless or make it OP as hell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What happened was that the hype died. The game did not meet the high expectations of lazy people who did not know what they were getting into when they wanted to play grindy RNG based MMO. I have met quite a few people who got mad even at level 22 when they had to do solo content and they could not one hit mobs. Rather than killing one by one safely they tried to kill mobs in groups and ended up dying themselves blaming the system that requires you to upgrade weapons. There are people out there who would want games to be as easy that one click gives you everything you need and there should be no work involved. Even if people say some p2w the game those people don't really gain that much from it since 50-100 AP means nearly nothing in damage. Not to mention some are forced to quit due to their computers/internet being a potato towards servers/game or some other special force interrupts their connection causing problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NightFer   

The game didnt change, the community did. All the lazy people left, and most of the rest went to play something else because BnS is too hard for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
babeln   

lol i havent seen worse p2w so far, played many games... correct definition lol

can live with it tho... just lag and optimalization are problem... and still less and less people around, that too

especially this days, i dont get what is this, what happens, f8 lobby half dead - just pure trove builds, so many hm10 stage1 baleful all gems, total noobs in any run, not a single normal party for about 5last days or more

i fully understand op, i also quit, also returned, and wondered where it goes, but i managed to fight on and stayed... theres no optimal mmo at the moment, i hope one comming soon, looks promising :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sonozaki   

P2W is when there's stuff to buy that you can not get any other way. Like CN Legendary Wep from their HM store.

We have no such thing in NA/EU version.

Achieving HM10 Baleful 1 with all gems is fairly easy. One month of playing 3-4 hours a day should get you to this level.

Sponsoring a few mats and gold from another char make those upgrades possible, since the mats required as well as their price are really low nowadays. Also, HM-gems remain acc bound even after socketing them, so you can just unsocket them and mail them to an alt.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darkdany   

Hi, u know what happen with game? All time when I win more than 5 pvp one vs one my ping go to 700 or fps drop to 10 wtf happen? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shuchin   

For me it's still the same old great fun, but I think it's always understandable if someone has the feeling the gold coating has rubbed off their favourite game with time.

 

I am glad to read you treasure your memories from B&S - I think those are the most precious things to keep from an MMO anyway! ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ezzz   
8 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

What happened was that the hype died. The game did not meet the high expectations of lazy people who did not know what they were getting into when they wanted to play grindy RNG based MMO.

Most people expected action combat MMO and huge boobs, not RNG based instances grinder. While boobs alone is not enough to keep people play. Add to it completely broken class balance, P2W item shop etc. and the game is unplayable for most western audience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

What happened was that the hype died. The game did not meet the high expectations of lazy people who did not know what they were getting into when they wanted to play grindy RNG based MMO. I have met quite a few people who got mad even at level 22 when they had to do solo content and they could not one hit mobs. Rather than killing one by one safely they tried to kill mobs in groups and ended up dying themselves blaming the system that requires you to upgrade weapons. There are people out there who would want games to be as easy that one click gives you everything you need and there should be no work involved. Even if people say some p2w the game those people don't really gain that much from it since 50-100 AP means nearly nothing in damage. Not to mention some are forced to quit due to their computers/internet being a potato towards servers/game or some other special force interrupts their connection causing problems.

So much hyperbole on your part, but lemme get this straight...

 

Everything thats happened to cause BnS populations to go down is the players fault?

 

Its the players fault NCSofts server infrastructure is crud and 1-3 second skill delays are the norm

 

Its the players fault hacks were left unchecked and unpunished forcing 1000's of arena pvpers to look elsewhere for their pvp.

 

Game Guard which was supposed to stop hacks doesnt, but it sure does play havok with user pc's. But thats also the players fault amirite?

 

Its the players fault Bots were/still are given free reign.

 

Its the players fault "end game" revolves around spamming the same 3 dungeons every day for a month in order to have the "chance" to get gear or upgrade mats that have a 1% chance to drop, (and even if it does drop you then have to contend with whales that can drop 1000's of RL cash bought gold down to win auctions), in order to get into more dungeons you have to spam for months on end.

 

No party kick available STILL is the players fault.

 

Bugs mass reported since January 2016, (launch), still not fixed is the players fault.

 

Its the players fault BnS "events" boil down to RNG cash grab scam opportunities for NCSoft.

 

Its the players fault a singular leveling path, on top of stringent and exhorbitant gearing up prices and commitments made leveling alts a complete chore.

 

Its all our fault BnS isnt as popular as it is! Shame on us! Try harder players!!!

 

Heh, no wonder NC feels like they can get away with anything. WK's never cease to amaze me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LordMg   
7 hours ago, Sonozaki said:

Achieving HM10 Baleful 1 with all gems is fairly easy. One month of playing 3-4 hours a day should get you to this level.

You must know exactly what to do and have extremely (I mean EXTREMELY) high amount of luck to get baleful with all gems in one month playing only 3-4 hours a day. Or you just advice to swipe cc like there's no tomorrow?

Edited by LordMg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mortal Kombat said:

So much hyperbole on your part, but lemme get this straight...

 

Everything thats happened to cause BnS populations to go down is the players fault?

 

Its the players fault NCSofts server infrastructure is crud and 1-3 second skill delays are the norm

 

Its the players fault hacks were left unchecked and unpunished forcing 1000's of arena pvpers to look elsewhere for their pvp.

 

Game Guard which was supposed to stop hacks doesnt, but it sure does play havok with user pc's. But thats also the players fault amirite?

 

Its the players fault Bots were/still are given free reign.

 

Its the players fault "end game" revolves around spamming the same 3 dungeons every day for a month in order to have the "chance" to get gear or upgrade mats that have a 1% chance to drop, (and even if it does drop you then have to contend with whales that can drop 1000's of RL cash bought gold down to win auctions), in order to get into more dungeons you have to spam for months on end.

 

No party kick available STILL is the players fault.

 

Bugs mass reported since January 2016, (launch), still not fixed is the players fault.

 

Its the players fault BnS "events" boil down to RNG cash grab scam opportunities for NCSoft.

 

Its the players fault a singular leveling path, on top of stringent and exhorbitant gearing up prices and commitments made leveling alts a complete chore.

 

Its all our fault BnS isnt as popular as it is! Shame on us! Try harder players!!!

 

Heh, no wonder NC feels like they can get away with anything. WK's never cease to amaze me.

Not everything is players fault but also not everything is dev's fault. Game guard doesn't affect everyone so it's not alone to blame. In earlier mmos it was known that with some antivirus programs or other programs Game Guard will not work but for some reason apparently that has been forgotten by devs and players alike. Same goes with dcing and other issues. Some have them, some don't and sometimes it can be close to impossible to pinpoint what is the issue even when people show records what's wrong for them.

 

Players are not those ones who decide the game design and if they want to do it they are free to go put up company and plan a game that is also f2p but successful in satisfying every needs of every single player which apparently people nowadays assume as it is so much speculated why games lose people. So yes it's players fault that they refuse to accept the game design the developers wanted to create. If they cannot accept how devs wanted the game to be then yes people do quit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZackGTie   
36 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

Not everything is players fault but also not everything is dev's fault. Game guard doesn't affect everyone so it's not alone to blame. In earlier mmos it was known that with some antivirus programs or other programs Game Guard will not work but for some reason apparently that has been forgotten by devs and players alike. Same goes with dcing and other issues. Some have them, some don't and sometimes it can be close to impossible to pinpoint what is the issue even when people show records what's wrong for them.

 

Players are not those ones who decide the game design and if they want to do it they are free to go put up company and plan a game that is also f2p but successful in satisfying every needs of every single player which apparently people nowadays assume as it is so much speculated why games lose people. So yes it's players fault that they refuse to accept the game design the developers wanted to create. If they cannot accept how devs wanted the game to be then yes people do quit.

Interesting the same Lunakitty who complained about the game design a couple months ago now is all wise WK. Somehow just because the game still have very few players/bots playing on it but everyone else who left is lazy, whinny little kid I'm i right? Just because a few don't have problems with the game is an example that everyone else is wrong even though it has been proven millions of times that the game lacks optimization, server improvement. No, but no, we all have potatoes as our daily drivers.

 

I congratulate you, You have the right mindset for this game. I find it interesting as people who describe other as: "they just want it easy" "one click and get what they want and no work involved" often describe mobile games rather than any MMO in existence. But hey, everyone needs to convert reality on their favor to make it seem real/believable.

 

Rather than insult people without any critical thought why blame players for everything that is going wrong with the game rather than come to realize that is the company behavior, lack of communication, lack of any kind of improvements to the game/forum that has lead us to this point? Why not say, hey maybe you are not all that great, maybe do something to care for your community? Why not discussing the 100 issues that follow this game since release? Why not? oh it is because is easier to blame everything on players rather than focus on the problem. Again, numbers don't lie. BnS community will only host the whales and hardcore pvers (yes pvp in this game=pve).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ZackGTie said:

Interesting the same Lunakitty who complained about the game design a couple months ago now is all wise WK. Somehow just because the game still have very few players/bots playing on it but everyone else who left is lazy, whinny little kid I'm i right? Just because a few don't have problems with the game is an example that everyone else is wrong even though it has been proven millions of times that the game lacks optimization, server improvement. No, but no, we all have potatoes as our daily drivers.

 

I congratulate you, You have the right mindset for this game. I find it interesting as people who describe other as: "they just want it easy" "one click and get what they want and no work involved" often describe mobile games rather than any MMO in existence. But hey, everyone needs to convert reality on their favor to make it seem real/believable.

 

Rather than insult people without any critical thought why blame players for everything that is going wrong with the game rather than come to realize that is the company behavior, lack of communication, lack of any kind of improvements to the game/forum that has lead us to this point? Why not say, hey maybe you are not all that great, maybe do something to care for your community? Why not discussing the 100 issues that follow this game since release? Why not? oh it is because is easier to blame everything on players rather than focus on the problem. Again, numbers don't lie. BnS community will only host the whales and hardcore pvers (yes pvp in this game=pve).

I don't remember ever complaining about the design itself unless I was being sarcastic. I didn't say that blame all to the players but there are some things that you cannot push to the devs. If you cannot accept that fact then don't but that is the cold hard truth that people have tendency to blame others for everything. Just like people blame every single thing that happen that it's the game's or dev's fault. If you see saying some players can't accept the fact that the game was made to be grindy as insult then yes I am insulting people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ryuuken   

Zack instead of blaming the game, realize a few things first. P2W is not a thing here. The game is f2p. The game has made improvements. There is not nearly as many bots as there used to be. Every and any fighting game will ALWAYS have class imbalances. I've yet to see any big name brand fighting without tier class/characters. D/Cs and glitches and shit happens. Learn to live with it. It will never be perfect. All games have prolonging issues. PvE does not = pvp. Have you actually watched any of the tournaments? Arena based where skill is important. Not gear. Also, it maybe take 2-3 months to catch up to the whales in game. It's really not hard. Don't expect to catch up gear wise with little to no effort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are many EU players who play in the NA Server and the opposite, even when its NCsoft's problem from the start to do the BETA only in NA and not EU.
Many players posted asking about Region Transfer, asking and seeking the Staff's help, but guess what they said? no its not possible etc.

Take that and apply on many other issues community asked and they refused to do it, ofc many will leave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KzE   
22 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

What happened was that the hype died. The game did not meet the high expectations of lazy people who did not know what they were getting into when they wanted to play grindy RNG based MMO.

Sure its players fault if they expected more than bad translations and censored stuff after 4 years of "westernization"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NYYankee   
2 hours ago, Shushi said:

This game became total P2W grind fest trash it's time to move on! :)

Not really.^^ I have 749AP and didn't cashed on any "event" or someting else except premium or costumes sometimes

(and thats is not really "P2W"). Oh and it is only a "grind fest" when you want to play it like that.

You can also play i normally without any stress doing the dungeon what you are able to do and all is fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NightFer   
6 hours ago, HammyYummy said:

There are many EU players who play in the NA Server and the opposite, even when its NCsoft's problem from the start to do the BETA only in NA and not EU.
Many players posted asking about Region Transfer, asking and seeking the Staff's help, but guess what they said? no its not possible etc.

This is just pure BS. NC wiped out ALL characters after the last CBT so theres absolutely no reason for an EU player to be forced to playing on NA region after CBT. If you friends from EU decided to go play on the NA server and you followed them, its your own choice, not NCs fault...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sonozaki   
15 hours ago, LordMg said:

You must know exactly what to do and have extremely (I mean EXTREMELY) high amount of luck to get baleful with all gems in one month playing only 3-4 hours a day. Or you just advice to swipe cc like there's no tomorrow?

How about you read my entire post first, before commenting on it?

HM10 is just a matter of XP grind. Ther is no luck involved at all. Just know what daily quests give the most XP/time.

And for the gear... if you have a geared main char who is sitting on tons of stingers and probably moonstones plus afew golds, there's no problem at all.

 

1 hour ago, NYYankee said:

Not really.^^ I have 749AP and didn't cashed on any "event" or someting else except premium or costumes sometimes

(and thats is not really "P2W"). Oh and it is only a "grind fest" when you want to play it like that.

You can also play i normally without any stress doing the dungeon what you are able to do and all is fine. 

Exactly this. And i know a lot of players with those stats who can not event send in-game mail, so 0 cash involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KzE said:

Sure its players fault if they expected more than bad translations and censored stuff after 4 years of "westernization"

Sure it is because people can learn to accept those and wait until they get fixed and actually help pin point those errors rather than nag about them in public. Some errors slip of course and that's human nature. What comes to censoring there are some things that they did not censor like explicit language names and so on and having one outfit with some pretty shapes added to it doesn't really count as censoring in my books but rather making the outfit more pretty. If you are talking about Zulia then yeah apparently it's only us when all the regions changed the outfit to what it is now and to be honest I find it prettier now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
babeln   
8 hours ago, HammyYummy said:

There are many EU players who play in the NA Server and the opposite, even when its NCsoft's problem from the start to do the BETA only in NA and not EU.
Many players posted asking about Region Transfer, asking and seeking the Staff's help, but guess what they said? no its not possible etc.

Take that and apply on many other issues community asked and they refused to do it, ofc many will leave.

i started na cause na servers were way more responsive than eu trash, especially in peak times it was unplayable sometimes

now after ddos something changed with routing, and it lags like hell... well i solved it by testing 5 different routing tunnel programs, last one works

i paid wtfast, now i need to pay another one...

 

besides, to anyone that claims most people quit cause bns is "hard" then just lol, only hard things are lags, optimalization, and rng - whole endgame... just hard rng

Edited by babeln

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is how it really is. BnS is like most F2P games out there. People rush to the end content and then when they finish it they complain about nothing to do then they leave until the next content is released. I have been playingF2P games for a while and they are all the same in that regards. RoM is one other game I used to enjoy until it truly went P2W at which point I left it. You get the normal crowd of ELITISTS making the rounds of F2P games and pretty much ruining them for everyone else. Most players that stay are the casual players that take their time but once even they get to the so called "end-game" content even they look at leaving. Noone enjoys grin ding at all, but it is a necessary evil to upgrade gear in most games.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now