[KR] Test Server changes to FM Skills

ToffyNexy

This is not all of the changes, I'm currently working on a complete list of every skill, and every change for every class, but naturally as an FM, the first I looked into was FM, but I can tell you this is definitely not all of the changes. 

4 hours ago, Half said:

Seams they want to destroy there game.

Sigh, so over dramatic, the changes they are making to FM, despite how odd they may seem, are actually good ones. I'm looking forward to them, except for ice rain being 3 focus X_X lol

So you think removing tiers is a good change? Aren't all of these changes here not a part of system which removes tiers? So if I'm true and if it come on live servers and later to EU/NA -> I will leave this game instantly.

Because they are removing tiers, you will quit? lol, peace be with you then

I'll be enjoying a game that's finally taking it's balance problems seriously ^_^

I literally only see over reactive comments like this from NA/EU players -_-; sigh

15 minutes ago, Athaya said:

Eh...

I play with dragonchar, lmb + firefury + dragonblaze spam.

These changes will completely destroy the game for me.

as a fellow FM, i have to say, get the hell over it -_-; 

You'll find a new combination to use

Sigh. 

I read through all the changes in the taiwan forum, assuming that post is accurate there are no new combi. Find a new combi? You mean no choice but to use 1 combi for fire build and 1 combi for ice build. I don't really care about the dps meter I just want to use my custom build :(

But too bad people only care about their own dps so now all classes getting dumbed down XD

I use hybrid builds, these changes will completely destroy the game for me :P

I don't really blame NC, only the community *sigh*

1 hour ago, SoulsHunter said:

I read through all the changes in the taiwan forum, assuming that post is accurate there are no new combi. Find a new combi? You mean no choice but to use 1 combi for fire build and 1 combi for ice build. I don't really care about the dps meter I just want to use my custom build :(

But too bad people only care about their own dps so now all classes getting dumbed down XD

I use hybrid builds, these changes will completely destroy the game for me :P

I don't really blame NC, only the community *sigh*

These changes weren't made or designed by the community tho, infact their imput doesn't even matter to be honest. There are records within the game, stats, and statistics. People lie, numbers don't. No game developer changes balance in a game because people complain, they change it because of demonstrable data. These changes are due to the fact that they have lost control of properly balancing the classes, with all of the gear they have that changes how skills function and such, it's difficult beyond imagination. People are literally just data generators, the more people generate data, the more definitive of a pattern they can notice and make adjustments accordingly. 

Because they want a serious mmo pvp competitive aspect to their game, in the form of large tournaments and a large fan base to support it, they NEED to have balance, or it just won't be taken seriously as a real pvp professional competitive environment. This is all part of getting to that balance. 

They have already made more changes to all of the classes literally TODAY, and they will do some more and more and more until it's actually live on the KR real server, and then they'll make some more changes, and keep doing that until they find it to be as perfect as they can make it. THEN, when they come out with new skills, new gear, etc etc, they'll have to make more adjustments again then. It's a constant upkeep thing, and it's quite difficult to achieve. They have their work cut out for them. 

@Leodore Yes I know they are changing it and nothing is fixed for sure yet, but like I said in Taiwan forum there are already full translation done not like those crappy ones found at reddit. I am not blind and can see that they are going in the direction of only 1 combi for each element build. No matter how much they change it has not stray far from this general direction. Thus I am convinced that these are more or less final and fixed.

Spare me your wall of pointless text, it is just your opinion, I can't force you where you choose to look and what you choose to see. Same for me, I see what I saw and have my own opinion.

Back to the thread, from what i saw till now, we will get another pvp nerf... Not sure if double aerial combo will be still availabe.

But until full patchnotes release it is pointless to QQ about those changes.

Someone said above devs looks at the numbers and data from the game, i really hope it will be like that, cause now % of Force masters in ToI and 1vs1 high ranks is worst among all classes, and should be a reason to balance changes. 

I don't care about pve dps, when your party is able to complete dungeon, being even last in dps is not big deal.

Most frustration comes from pvp, where FMs one mistake can result in instant kill by endless immunity/cc-lock classes who just headsmash their keyboard. 

10 minutes ago, Southwind said:

cause now % of Force masters in ToI

TOI is a combination of luck which enemy you will get + luck with buffs + a little bit of class knowledge and so on.^^

On the other side the forcemaster will get a lot of boosts in damage through his soulshields and accessoires in near future.

So there is no need to change something. You should not forget that PVE changes are made for the current state of the korean client not for us.^^

12 minutes ago, Southwind said:

1vs1 high ranks is worst among all classes

When no one wants to play FM until higher ranks no one can be there.^^ The class is strong enough to be on higher ranks. But it seems no one wants to do PVP with this class because often players heard from others things like: "FM is shit on PVP" or "No need to try and look at the rankings" (like you how it seems^^) and so on.

No wonder that no one is there and try it. Most of the current higher ranks are pushed by others and/or are wintraded.

And don't forget the different characters from different players... Some of them are played by only one "man". 

24 minutes ago, Southwind said:

Most frustration comes from pvp, where FMs one mistake can result in instant kill by endless immunity/cc-lock classes who just headsmash their keyboard. 

THAT is the same problem for every other class too :) Waste your "escape" too early or on the wrong situation = high chance to be dead.

(English is not my mother tounge so don't hate me for my english :P)

9 minutes ago, NYYankee said:

TOI is a combination of luck which enemy you will get + luck with buffs + a little bit of class knowledge and so on

If You consider 1 single run - yes, but at the end of season players has several dozens, or even more than hundred fights behind (if collecting tickets) so everyone will get few runs with good opponent/buffs rolls. The result is the same every season, FM on bottom no matter what. You can't say it's bad RNG.

19 minutes ago, NYYankee said:

But it seems no one wants to do PVP with this class

Come one, this is serious argument? I have like 8 force masters in my clan, all are making pvp at least for daily quests. Even if overall % of forcemasters making pvp is less than other classes, the ammount is still very high cause FMs is second most popular class in game. And FMs most likely avoid pvp not because smn said its pvp trash class, but because they actually tried to pvp now, and they saw it's true. When max level was 45 it was easy for FMs to keep high ranks, now i am struggling to stay at gold...

26 minutes ago, NYYankee said:

THAT is the same problem for every other class too :)

Other classes are far more forgiving, has easy combos, in pvp build they are still making real dps and can 100-0. And FM? We are losing all our dps on pvp build, our best combo is so hard to pull out, and it is taking 30% hp at its best. For example there is a BM who can kill you with few right-clicks, Dragontounge can crit 11k on arena, where you have ~40k hp, and its spamable. 

2 minutes ago, Southwind said:

You can't say it's bad RNG.

That is not the only thing i said.^^ You need to read the whole text i wrote. :)

3 minutes ago, Southwind said:

Come one, this is serious argument? I have like 8 force masters in my clan, all are making pvp at least for daily quests. Even if overall % of forcemasters making pvp is less than other classes, the ammount is still very high cause FMs is second most popular class in game. And FMs most likely avoid pvp not because smn said its pvp trash class, but because they actually tried to pvp now, and they saw it's true. When max level was 45 it was easy for FMs to keep high ranks, now i am struggling to stay at gold...

It could be.^^

"the ammount is still very high cause FMs is second most popular class in game" - Not everyone likes PVP and/or play it.

And the most people play Fm and summoner because of its easy gameplay in PVE. But the most of them are (sorry to say that) "trash" players in PVE AND PVP.

"because they actually tried to pvp now, and they saw it's true" - so they have given up and said it to others who don't will try it because of sentences like this.^^ Maybe other players are better then them.

Not everyone is good in PVP. You need to be really good to get in the top rankings and stay there. It is not the class itself which gives you a "free" high rank. You need to play it good too. Thats what others forget the most time.

12 minutes ago, Southwind said:

For example there is a BM who can kill you with few right-clicks, Dragontounge can crit 11k on arena, where you have ~40k hp, and its spamable. 

And i hope you know what you need to do for this combo and damage right? It is not only a simple RMB bashing.^^

A normal dragontounge do ~6k krit in the arena with 4k noncrit.

First off all the enemy needs to waste his escape before and then he needs to hit him with HM Z (1min cd) to stun him.

THEN he can do dragontounge with this damage a several times (you can do max 5sec this damage!).

That info was only for you and i stop here to talk about other classes because its offtopic :)

18 minutes ago, NYYankee said:

You need to be really good to get in the top rankings and stay there

Really huge discovery! : ) So why there is a balance patches at first place? Just BE GOOD and all your problems dissapear XD

Do you heading to the point, where you will say only FMs don't know how to pvp, only FMs don't want pvp, and every other classes are pro pvpers, and thats why rankings looks like they look? Yeah it is "HIGHLY POSSIBLLE" only few out of 30k+ lvl 50 FMs know how to pvp and actually does pvp. 

Following your point of view, BM, FM and WL are so high at pve dps charts cause other classes don't know how to pve, or don't want to pve? : >

Fm is the only class that cannot 100-0 someone in less than 5 second, while other class can 100-0 a fm in 5second. The main reason why Fm cannot reach high ranks its because it lacks in dmg and chain hard cc.

I hope they change FM airborne, make enemy stay in the air longer. The current airborne combination has long cooldown and the damage you are able to do, while the enemy is airborne, is less than 15k. And that's full combo.

6 hours ago, NYYankee said:

This are TEST changes on a TEST server :) Calm down and let them test what they want to test better than doing nothing for the classes.

You don't need to say what I know. But you think they will change EVERYTHING what they test on test servers? Never my friend. All what they try out is going in a direction they want and even if they change something, the direction will be similar.

4 hours ago, NYYankee said:

TOI is a combination of luck which enemy you will get + luck with buffs + a little bit of class knowledge and so on.^^

On the other side the forcemaster will get a lot of boosts in damage through his soulshields and accessoires in near future.

So there is no need to change something. You should not forget that PVE changes are made for the current state of the korean client not for us.^^

When no one wants to play FM until higher ranks no one can be there.^^ The class is strong enough to be on higher ranks. But it seems no one wants to do PVP with this class because often players heard from others things like: "FM is shit on PVP" or "No need to try and look at the rankings" (like you how it seems^^) and so on.

No wonder that no one is there and try it. Most of the current higher ranks are pushed by others and/or are wintraded.

And don't forget the different characters from different players... Some of them are played by only one "man".

But actually FM is so bad in ToI, that's not only luck, class knowledge and people who don't go into ToI. I am one of the best FM in ToI and reached actually best time on f46 with 662/669AP (depends on soulshield) against KFM. Every FM around me has 700+ AP (except another one). Let's check other classes. A SM reached it with 550AP! The average Sin starts with 650AP, a WL with 575AP killed him 3 times as fast as me and so on. Compared to other classes I should be able to reach f60+.

Same with pvp. I love to play battlegrounds and I always was highranked (for my gear). But actually I lost fun on pvp. At evening my ping goes high and FM is the most ping depend class and all the other time FM is playing like a rubber ball for the enemies. There's no flow. That's why everybody says "FM is shit on pvp".

Yes the class needs a change which also change some spells. But not this way like on test servers.

"When no one wants to play FM until higher ranks no one can be there.^^ The class is strong enough to be on higher ranks. But it seems no one wants to do PVP with this class because often players heard from others things like: "FM is shit on PVP" or "No need to try and look at the rankings" (like you how it seems^^) and so on."

Another PhD candidate.

Those negative statement reoccurs from time to time for a reason. You can't make a clap with just a hand.

Force Master according to bnscoffee few months ago, hold the second highest population in the game yet the PvP ranking for this class is one of the lowest in general, in fact, it has the lowest amount of ranked players of this class in NA ranking currently (4 pages), even Warlocks has 6 pages to be frank. Do I have to talk about ToI as well?

If the population of FM amounted to the top 2 in general, then their probability of flooding the ranking is definitely higher but data indicates otherwise.

Some players talk about how insane can FM be, but boils down to the core, their argument is nothing but Jaesung.

Let me remind you, if developers revolve their balancing solely on just 1 player and ignoring the players in overall, they failed.

Besides, is FM still the champion in the recent tournament or something? No?

Data don't lie, people do.

Simple fact is at the current state FM sucks for pvp even at pve. Here is why, at pvp fm doesnt have burst damage even though its supposed to be the top dps class, remember when FMs used inferno and it crits? Because it was one of the highest damages you could see on arena even though it had a high cd. Nowdays even BMs have a skill they can spam and it does the same or higher damage than inferno or dual dragons. Every other class has multiple easy access CCs they can keep using while dpsing, FM only has 2 and the other one requieres you to keep freezing the enemy in order to get the CC and it only lasts 1 second which most of the time gets ruined by FPS drop/lag/latency.

Some people say oh FMs just dont try it, yes FMs dont try it because its pointless. How is it possible that FM is the 2nd most played class in the game and still at the bottom of the charts, how does it add up? Even pro FMs avoid ToI...Dreyer is one of the best pvp FMs ive met in NA and he said he wouldnt even try ToI because it was absurd for FMs, bevv another pro FM had to make a guide for FMs in ToI in which he had to FIND tricks and abnormalities in order to beat certain classes...

Now on msp PVE you may see some FMs doing 90k dps/sec leaving other classes far far behind UNTIL sins' blue buff and WLs' SB is done but head to head selfbuffed probably 4/9 classes can out dps the FM. Before FMs sucked at pvp but they at least held their ground firmly on pve dps. Now FM sucks at pvp and is questionable at pve, they keep buffing and buffing every other class(except destro lol) while nerfing FMs.

Ofcourse i dont expect everyone to agree with my opinion but just look at the facts and statistics.... how can the 2NDMOST PLAYED CLASS be at the bottom of most charts?

11 hours ago, DeadlyCode said:

Ofcourse i dont expect everyone to agree with my opinion but just look at the facts and statistics.... how can the 2NDMOST PLAYED CLASS be at the bottom of most charts?

Yes, that's true. It might be right that not everyone is a good player but that counts for all classes. Some people always say it's because people dont do pvp or are bad at it but no one can tell me that so many FM players are that bad. The class is just weak in pvp.

Archived