KFM or Soul Fighter or Destroyer

victor122

Hey, everyone. So after finally finding a character that I liked enough to go all the way to endgame with(assassin) and getting there, I feel like it's time for me to try something new. Assassins are great and cool and can solo a lot but, at the end of the day, they are squishy. So lately I've been looking into all the other classes to try and decide on alt. I like the fast play style of most of the melee characters and would like to stick with it. The three that caught my eye are the ones that are mentioned in the title. Having a pretty good ping(23-33ms), I don't really have a lag problem. I'm looking for a strong class that has good DPS, good visuals, is fast, has a good survivability, and useful in parties(as I play mostly PVE). 

I would love to hear your input about these classes.

Thanks in Advance

Sounds like Soul Fighter is the class for you then.

It trumps KFM and Destroyer when it comes to dps, has better visuals and survival/useful in parties are better since they can heal and revive party members.

However, KFM also has a party buff which increases the party's damage by a lot for 10 seconds and can provide a crit damage buff for basically 100% of the time.

Though their visuals aren't that great and dps is somewhat down there if rotations aren't done correctly; harder to master as well.

Survival though, they are up there since they are a tank and have a counter plus many iframes so surviving shouldn't be a problem.

Destroyer; honestly outside of their grab they do not have any useful aspects.

Visual wise, not much to their skills. Survival, it's decent; they gain a great deal of defense through different skills but not many iframes.

Usefulness to party, other than grabbing and apply restraint, they have no usefulness in a party.

Their DPS is pretty much compared to all other classes as well.

KFM and SF both have better DPS than destroyer (this might not be true anymore, shadow destroyer are getting buffed).

Do you like to tank? Choose KFM. Otherwise, choose SF. SF can tank too (most class can), but it doesnt have threat modifier skill.

I would prefer to go for KFM since they also have Fighting Spirit buff.

• SF has the most damage out of the 3 and he is a healer. But...good players don't need healers. Other classes bring party buffs or something else that increase run speed. Would you take a healer when you don't need heal? Summoner for example has better heal, range imunity buff, root, and party iframe. Maybe even more damage. The class is not bad, but it isn't really party oriented. Also shines in pvp.
    Does more damage when attacking from behind.
    Good aoe.
    Can't heal himself effectively.
  • KFM has average-high DPS, and hard to learn. His buffs alone are enough to bring one to dungeons. Has good damage if played right, probably at the bottom if played wrong. One out of two classes which can tank(threat skills). because his counter doesn't last much, good ping and reflexes are required.
    Has bad aoe.
  • Destroyer... From what i hear, it has the lowest dps. Survivability wise, i never saw one die. Grab can be free dps for party but he isn't attacking then. That makes him good for 6 man, bad for 4 man and solo is slow paced. Might clear mushin tower easier.
  • BD is probably the better version of destroyer. To bad only lyn can play them.
  • BM - tank, better animations than kfm, but somewhat boring. Currently  i hear it's top dps.

You can search videos on "yeti solo" + class you want to get some ideas

or Bloodshade Harbor

Some classes require hongmoon skills more than other. I know SF need them badly for better dps(left click, right click and V). Not sure about others.

I'm thinking KFM for you, if you prefer melee, want a switch-up from sin and mainly PvE. 

It's primarily a tank, which is pretty much the opposite of the kind of role you'd be used to as a sin. 

And if your ping is under 50 you can definitely take advantage of it. 

Destroyer mostly shines in PvP and is one of the weaker overall classes in PvE because of lower DPS. It's only real party support is to boost def of nearby party members, and of course the grab (and kinda to pick up downed team-mates and carry them out of AOE range to save them so they can res, but that doesn't get used much) It's amazing in 6v6 but if you mostly PvE, honestly Blade Dancer can do most of what destroyer can in PvE better. Upcoming patches may change this a bit. 

ping hungry

1- SF

2- KFM

3- DESTRO

pve utility

1- KFM

2- SF

3- DESTRO

pvp opness with godly ping

1- SF

2- KFM

3- DESTRO

difficulty in learning anicancel from more difficult to easy (pvp-wise)

1- SF

2- KFM

3- DESTRO

difficulty blabla (pve wise)

1- KFM

2- DESTRO

3- SF

opness in 6v6

1- KFM (and  DESTRO)

2- (DESTRO)

3- SF

49 minutes ago, Cesura said:

honestly Blade Dancer can do most of what destroyer can in PvE better. Upcoming patches may change this a bit. 

I don't think you're being honest there. Their grab is longer with badge so you'll do just fine in comparison with bosses that don't open up to be CC'ed a lot. You'll also be letting your team deal more damage than BD when a foe is grabbed with the better crit buff.

DPS wise they're not top, but they're fine. 

1 hour ago, Wataru said:

I don't think you're being honest there. 

I play destroyer. I don't play BD. Might be a "grass is greener" sorta situation. 

However, the soul badge extends grab time, but does NOT extend the restraint debuff time. It's 6 seconds of restraint on a 8 second grab. (That's what I was told, anyways, don't have the badge for my own destro to test it out myself) Lets you stall just a bit longer, but doesn't really help the dps much more. The BD's ability to reset their grab cooldown and potentially grab more is waaaaaaay better. I thought they both had pretty much the same crit buff on destro's stage 2 grab as BD's stage 3 grab. 

And bd's party iframe seems more useful in PvE than destro's party defense boost.

ya not only there i frame like u say there ability to lift w/o another class to cc at begining of fight, the ability to lift 2 x times with soul badge, there hm block and there ability to do sistained dps were destro falls off verry fast after we lift we dont have a stance that alows us to keep the dps up ya u can toss the boss down and get a lil dps its just not long enough to counter bd dps and party syenergy destro do not have

44 minutes ago, Cesura said:

the soul badge extends grab time, but does NOT extend the restraint debuff time. It's 6 seconds of restraint on a 8 second grab. Lets you stall just a bit longer, but doesn't really help the dps much more. The BD's ability to reset their grab cooldown and potentially grab more is waaaaaaay better. I thought they both had pretty much the same crit buff on destro's stage 2 grab as BD's stage 3 grab. 

Destroyer crit buff is a lot better and as mentioned it depends if the boss can be CC'ed a lot. It time you can let your skills cooldown, delays mechanics, and has the boss not doing much while your team is.

5 minutes ago, Wataru said:

Destroyer crit buff is a lot better and as mentioned it depends if the boss can be CC'ed a lot. It time you can let your skills cooldown, delays mechanics, and has the boss not doing much while your team is.

And as said Blade Dancer can do the exact same thing and more for party usefulness outside of grabbing.

pCK2ZgE.png

11 minutes ago, Wataru said:

Bleh...duration of grab still applies.

It's already been said that even with Destro's 2 second longer grab, the restraint buff only lasts 6 seconds so the extra 2 won't do much for DPS difference.

i like it in pvp and the dps one is meh for a class that atm is not dps based i think for a fast fix our old cd and a full 8 sec would be atleast a start but rly destro soul badges wont get good for awile if it gose on tell kr soul badge and class update

3 hours ago, Wataru said:

+Flat 5% crit rate while grabbing > +5% of your crit rate while grabbing

I'm confused by your comment.

Both grabs do the exact same critical stat increase effect to user AND party members.

What were you trying to point out with your comment?

Pick whichever class looks the coolest.  

Difficulty doesn't matter because you get more than enough practice hitting stuff in pvp and pve.  Dps rank doesn't matter because that's too dependant on gear progression and dev balance that can change every patch.

Personal recommendation is KFM, due only to the fact that they can tank for parties they don't outgear.  I encourage you to pick SF or Destro in an instant if you like their visuals more.

Archived