going absolutely no where

Bhindu

So I'm sitting there going over the brain dead mechanics of Umbral Lord in gloomdross... my party - of course - refuses to even discuss who would lure him or who'd CC him to stop his 4-hit nuke before jumping. No, no, no. They just shout "GOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!1!"

Mid way through the fight of doing literally all the mechanics for them (soul fighter double back step and being the tank made it so nice), I just said screw it and decided to see what'd happen if I stopped. They just kept brute forcing him, letting the wraiths feed him. The ONLY mechanic they kept up with was CC'ing him to stop his nuke. Man I don't go into dungeons expecting to get carried. I go in there expecting to do what's necessary and nothing more.... I mean look at all the morons that squeal like pigs AP is the end-all-be-all when you can do Desolate Tomb with a party of people barely scraping 500 AP. God forbid people learn mechanics, much less actually do them.

Like seriously...? These people expect to get anywhere? lol It's no surprise why pugs are literally cancer. Not even just "randoms" either per se. It ain't news. Community is just absolute crap. Seriously... it's just depressing how many people are worse than inept Yamcha.

well....

u can double cc him to avoid wipe

or

u can run further than entire party to lure him

than

u can be the further to take the lure to hadouken both  flowers

being those the 2 vital mechanics of gloom boss, i dont know how u cannot do anything to help yourself.

4 minutes ago, Bhindu said:

You missed the point. I was literally doing ALL of this. Half way through the fight I just stopped cause I wanted to see what'd happen. Doesn't make me a good person, sure, but I learned what I wanted to know.

well..shit happens.

i got parties who just brute force dps'd him to death....

19 minutes ago, Shukran said:

well....

u can double cc him to avoid wipe

or

u can run further than entire party to lure him

than

u can be the further to take the lure to hadouken both  flowers

being those the 2 vital mechanics of gloom boss, i dont know how u cannot do anything to help yourself.

You missed the point. I was literally doing ALL of this. Half way through the fight I just stopped cause I wanted to see what'd happen. Doesn't make me a good person, sure, but I learned what I wanted to know.

Well, one has to stand up against these morons so all of you can move on. There's nothing you can do to teach them a lesson they won't absorb. It's good that you tried to tank the boss on your own but there's no benefit to stop doing it midway. If I were you, I would've left the party and look for another one whose members are willing to listen so you won't end up posting this here.

6 hours ago, Bhindu said:

So I'm sitting there going over the brain dead mechanics of Umbral Lord in gloomdross... my party - of course - refuses to even discuss who would lure him or who'd CC him to stop his 4-hit nuke before jumping. No, no, no. They just shout "GOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!1!"

Mid way through the fight of doing literally all the mechanics for them (soul fighter double back step and being the tank made it so nice), I just said screw it and decided to see what'd happen if I stopped. They just kept brute forcing him, letting the wraiths feed him. The ONLY mechanic they kept up with was CC'ing him to stop his nuke. Man I don't go into dungeons expecting to get carried. I go in there expecting to do what's necessary and nothing more.... I mean look at all the morons that squeal like pigs AP is the end-all-be-all when you can do Desolate Tomb with a party of people barely scraping 500 AP. God forbid people learn mechanics, much less actually do them.

Like seriously...? These people expect to get anywhere? lol It's no surprise why pugs are literally cancer. Not even just "randoms" either per se. It ain't news. Community is just absolute crap. Seriously... it's just depressing how many people are worse than inept Yamcha.

Just out of curiosity, what AP were these clowns?

Archived